All reviewscourtyard roommarket squareroll top baththe main hotelnice roombar areasteaklovely mealblack sheepan overnight stayevening mealgood nights sleepcooked breakfastthe pubweekend breakfull englishenjoyable stay
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Kings Head Masham.We used vouchers I bought my partner for Christmas from Buyagift (brilliant idea even if I do say so myself!) I managed to get 2 nights for £99 minus an extra 20% discount which I have to say worked out very cheap. We were in the Tack Room at the back of the Hotel. Although this room seemed a bit dark and dismal as there was only a very small window, I was happy enough with it when I discovered the lovely big bath. We found the staff friendly, and breakfast was good. We ate at the restaurant one of our nights. I can recommend the chocolate fudge cake with clotted cream for a special treat. Our second night we went to the local fish and chip shop and sat outside in the square. Lovely. I would go back again!

Reviewed May 15, 2011

We arrved at noon so my wife could change before going racing in Ripon. The Manager who was on reeption when we arrived said we coudn't access our room till 3pm.
I asked if he would give me some type of room for 10 mins so my wife could change as the taxi was picking us up at 12.30. He refused and offered no solution. That was our welcome.
My wife had to change in the bar toilet.
While waiting the Manager was in a confrontation with another guest regarding food poisoning her husband was sufferering from sea bass the previous night.
Needless to say we didn't use the hitel for evening meal or breakfast.
I will not return. Sad because a great location with so much potential

2  Thank dickhill1305
Reviewed May 15, 2011

A very relaxing visit. Room was clean, comfortable, bright and cheerful overlooking the market square. Staff were friendly and helpful and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building which was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We went with our Buyagift voucher for two nights. There was a very friendly welcome and we were given, the Smithy a room in the annexe at the back. We could park our car right next to it and the room was warm and welcoming and very quiet. We ate in the hotel each evening and the meals were very enjoyable and good value. They had a good reasonably priceed wine list
We visited Fountains Abbey, Ripon and Hawes fort
t he Wensleydale Creamery. Our only disappointment was that tours of the Black Sheep Brewery do not start until 11.30 so we missed out on that. I must commend the local councils for the flower dispays around Ripon. This will be known as our daffodil holiday. Also parking is mainly free of cheap and very plentiful.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

Atmosphere and service brilliant. Room was warm, comfy and unique.

Room Tip: Maybe improve lighting.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple