“Suprise 50th Birthday Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The White Bear Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masham
The White Bear Country Inn
Scunthorpe
“Suprise 50th Birthday Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I booked to take my husband there for a surprise 50th Birthday weekend, he thought it was just the two of us but family and friends had booked in as well. Sue at the White Bear knew about the surprise and was brilliant in co-ordinating with myself and the those booking rooms. The staff all kept the secret so my husband was completely surprised when friends and relatives turned up over the weekend.

As usual the rooms were beautiful, friends who were visiting for the first time loved the high standard of rooms and facilities. We ate at the pub on both nights and the food was just lovely, you have a choice between bar meals or the full menu which although reasonably priced is more classy restaurant than pub grub. I am Coeliac and Dairy Intolerant but they always ensure they have Soya milk and gluten free bread in and they can always offer me a range of suitable dishes from the menu. I do always let them know when I book just so they know.

This was our fourth visit and I can't wait to go back again so a big thank you to Sue and all the staff at the White Bear for making this weekend so special for us all.

Room Tip: A tour of the Theakstons Brewery is a must whilst you are in Masham, followed by a leisurely tasting...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cirencester, Gloucestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were booked in as part of a wedding group, and frankly I had fairly low expectations - but how so pleasantly surprised I was! This is essentially a well-meaning Theakston's pub with really high standard 4 star accommodation attached. Great welcome, good accommodation, fab brekkie and fantastic surrounding countryside. Oh yes, and the Black Sheep Brewery attached. What's not to like!?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

To be honest there is not a lot I can add to the numerous positive reviews posted here already. I's just add that they are keeping their standards very high. Our rooms were spotless and superbly decorated and very nicely finished, the food was superb, the beer was fantastic and the staff couldn't have been more friendly or professional. Overall it was a lovely weekend, Many Thanks to Sue and her staff we'll definitely be back

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms I think are bigger than the 1st floor, but I could be wrong. Certainly our fr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is beautifuly decorated and a very calm atmosphere I was really enjoying my evening here until a member of staff made a very rude, personal remark. Never be going back here again due to the staff.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank _08nat
Harlech, North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had Sunday lunch here with the family on a weekend away in Masham and loved it! The pub is lovely with the old lab lying in the sunshine, helpful staff and local beers. The menu was fab, lots of local produce and specials. 8 of us ate and we were all so very happy with our food. We spent more than treble the night before in another restaurant in tons and it wasn't half as good as this. Will definitely be returning as soon as we return to Masham, thanks guys :) x

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hangunn
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have stayed at the White Bear many times over the last few years and thoroughly enjoy our visits.
The hotel rooms are of a very high standard, all en-suite, and individually styled.
We thoroughly recommend eating at the pub. The food is first class with several special dishes on offer.
Many thanks to Sue and the gang for another excellent stay.

Room Tip: No recommendation needed. We have stayed in a number of different rooms over the years and they have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

As a real ale fan and a fan of Yorkshire I decided to book a night at the White Bear in Masham to celebrate my 50th Birthday with my wife. I have visited the White Bear several times in the last twenty six years but this is the first time i have spent a night there. The room was excellent and things like proper filter coffee were a bonus. We had a evening meal there which was nice but could have had a little more for the price but that was the only gripe, nice tasting and well presented. Of course must mention the beer which had a good range of Theakstons.
Breakfast the next morning was one of the best.
I would recommend this place and we will return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masham
Swinton Park
The Black Swan Inn
The Black Swan Inn
#1 of 1 in Fearby
Millgate Bed & Breakfast

Been to The White Bear Country Inn? Share your experiences!