“Fine restaurant”

La Bottiglieria
Ranked #24 of 221 Restaurants in Carpi
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Disponendo di due sale puo essere utilizzato per cene di lavoro ma anche per occasioni meno formali, durante la bella stagione e poi possibile cenare nell'incantevole cornice del giardino estivo nel quale trascorrere una serata romantica e rilassante avvolti dal profumo dei gelsomini.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Was staying at the hotel where restaurant is located and had several meals there. Service was at a high level and the food was tasty and thoughtfully presented.The wine selection is extensive. Was with a lerge group and we were all well taken care of,.

There are newer reviews for La Bottiglieria

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My hosts ordered my entire meal the first night - every course was delectable. They told me the next day the seafood pasta I enjoyed wasn't even on the menu! Wine selection lived up to the namesake. Service was very attentive, personal and professional. The next night I went there they fully accommodated my request to stray from the typical courses of an Italian meal and prepared a salad(excellent) that I enjoyed prior to my risotto(very good). The first night was a Thursday and it wasn't too crowded or loud. Friday night was a lot more crowded but I was still able to get a table at 9:45. It was loud but I enjoyed the lively atmosphere. Although this place is attached to Hotel Touring, most of the people in there Friday were locals, in parties of 6-8 people. If rain were to prevent you from ever venturing out to Piazza dei Martiri during your entire stay at Hotel Touring, you would still be completely satisfied eating here every night.

2  Thank John E
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I actually have visited the place twice before taking the time to write this review. Both times I have been staying at the Hotel Touring, where the restaurant conveniently is located in the ground level. It used to be in an other address in Carpi, but according to locals, the change in address has not done any harm to the kitchen, quite the contrary.
The service is quick and attentive and willing to both improvise and be helpful.
At my first visit, the red wine I had chosen was out of stock, but I was offered a slightly more expensive Brolo (no, not Barolo) for the same prize. Nice touch. A Sauvignon Blanc from Trentino was a perfect choice for the fish.
The first time I had pasta with zucchini and yellowfin tuna - this was so good I tried to memorize the recipe and redo it at home - much to the delight of my family. The duck masked in orange was also excellent.
Second time I had an very inspired variation of the sugo Bolognese with home made pasta and afterwards veal jaws (the correct translation has completely escaped me) with polenta. This is an extremely tender piece of meat, which prepared the right way (for example braised in dark ale or red wine) creates the most wonderful sauce.
This coupled with a helpful and attentive service (knowledgable in English) made it memorable. Absolutely worth a visit (or two).

1  Thank LarsDane
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

New location very elegant. We had tortino di broccoli with cream of parmesan and seppioline with piselli both very good. Then tagliata di tonno in sesamo and beef tagliata with lard, both very good, we thought the dessert'zuppa inglese' was nothing special. Good service. Only problem: when the restaurant was full it was so noisy we couldn't stay anymore and we couldn't wait for the bill to come and leave!!! Please note we are not an old couple, we are young but it was really too much!!!!!

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Finally a nice restaurant where people speaks english! how wonderful is to have someone explaining what to order and also what to drink!
The Tuna Tartare is what you might expect in some fancy sushi restaurant. perfect.
The lingua salmistrata (beef tongue) is a local dish that i often make it, yet, this one was really good. the green sauce (salsa verde, also a local delicacy) one of the best i had...
We water everything down with a Champagne Larmandier Blanc de Blancs, a wonderful wine I must say.
Honestly priced, this restaurant is a culinary pearl not too far from Modena, worth the trip!

1  Thank Robbe C