“Delicious, great views, value for money”
Review of Da Adelina

Da Adelina
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Panarea
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened in 1965 by Adelina and Giovanni Tesoriero, the restaurant continues to be run by the Tesoriero family, Giuseppe and his father Giovanni. Here you can enjoy traditional Aeolian food made with the freshest local fish and vegetables from the kitchen garden, accompanied by a choice selection of wines. Romantic candlelit dining on the terrace with a spectacular view of the port and the facing islands. Open from March to the end of October.Reservation is recommended.
Jaipur, India
“Delicious, great views, value for money”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We walked around Panarea and looked at menus before going for Adelina. Turned out to be the best choice. We were the only customers there as it was still the start of the season. We had the caponata and risotto for starters; anchovy spaghetti and seafood risotto for first course, and grilled fish platter for second course (to share). Lovely lovely flavours... the sphaghetti was spiced sublty with pepperochino which added a lovely twist/bite to the pasta.... and the seafood was lovely without being overwhelming. All washed down the a bottle of the locale (white), whilst admiring the view... We saw some flashes of smoke and fire coming from Stomboli in the distance. It's also good value for money compared to the other places on Panarea.

Service wise - we were the only diners there so nothing to complain... It's fairly laidback and we had a good chat with the main chef / co-owner which added to the experience. The pepperonchino in the meal was from his dad's garden. :)

• Visited May 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Great Risotto”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Another great restaurant on Panarea. The seafood on these islands is fantastic. We all had delicious meals and the service was perfect.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank PaulyDee756
“A Tale of two halves Very good food typically extremely poor Panarean service”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

A group of us after Anchoring in the bay took the tender in we're a group of young friends with my father. We asked for a selection of seafood antipasti and they served a fantastic first course of Carpaccio of fish the swordfish with a light dusting of balsamic vinegar and octopus with truffle oil being particularly good, the main was pretty average and the dessert excellent again thyme and ginger and Pistacchio. The standard of food being generally very good, onto the service, it was appalling the owner was arrogant, rude and generally pretentious his way of making you feel welcome was to tell you to go elsewhere, we tried speaking in Italian (normally just general courtesy) still no lightening up, he didn't think any of the rest of us could pay the bill again ridiculous, the service in bars around the island was the same. The island in general is no where near as nice as other Italian hot spots "Porto Fino" and Porto Chievo" where for a similar price they can't do enough for you. The Aeolian Islands for American and English tourists are a no go the locals are far too ignorant and a culture change needs to occur or they need to sit in the restaurants and let foreign staff serve. Would I go back...... not in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I went to Da Adelina for lunch while on a day trip recently. I had an hour and a half so thought that would be plenty of time. Big mistake. They had a set lunch menu - two courses (choice of two dishes) plus water for 14 euro - which seemed good value. The location was good - nice breezy balcony overlooking the port - and the waitress pleasant. Having stopped halfway through my antipasto - I'm not a big eater and anyway the anchovies had too many bones for my liking - they left me sitting there for over half an hour. When finally they took the plate away the pasta did not arrive promptly. In fact I started to get worried about missing my boat, and went to ask them where it was. I have never had to do this in any restaurant anywhere. They assured me it was ready but it didn't appear for at least another 10 minutes. When it did come it turned out not to be worth the wait. It was maccheroni alla norma, a good Sicilian standby, but was just a few pieces of eggplant in tomato sauce (too sharp in flavour) on pasta. You could get better than this from any tavola calda. All in all I was very dissatisfied and disappointed with my visit and wished I had just got a panino at a bar. It didn't seem to be particularly busy so that wasn't the reason for the extremely slow service. Based on my experience I would not recommend this place to anyone though perhaps I just got them on a bad day.

• Visited June 2012
Kiev, Ukraine
“nice restaurant with really funny service”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

the food not as perfect as it could be, instead we've got a perfect service from Andrea, who was very delicate and a little drunk))) anyway, the view from the roof (seconf floor) is nice, the light wind from the sea is sweet. i'd like to come back a few more times

• Visited July 2011