“Magnificent”

Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Panarea
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Taken back a little by the price of the menu compared to other restaurants on the island. BUT, food quality and size of meal offer was exceptional. So all in all represented good value for quality and quantity. Could not fault any of the dishes we shared. Intense flavours and freshness of product showed. My Spaghetti was made with fresh tomatoes and was a welcomed change from the mainstream. Well done, and we will be back.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I must say I am quite surprised by the bad reviews written below. It is as if they talked about a completely different restaurant. We had lunch there with my wife and two children and everybody was excited by it. The tuna cake, orata, steak, gamberi pasta, salad, grilled vegetables, desserts, wine. Everything was simply amazing. Service was good, but could be quicker. My only complaint is the price. 231 Euros for a normal family lunch with one bottle of wine is too much. If you don't mind and want to have a top dining experience, go for it!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My 10 year old son made a specific request to return to Da Pina for lunch once again this year while we were on Panarea, not that we had to be persuaded. This is one of our favourite restaurants on island, particularly due to the staff, many of which returns year after year. Probably the best pasta a la norma and caponata that we had during our entire stay in Sicily---and these are popular dishes. Everything deliciously fresh. Lovely wine list--particularly crisp whites that are perfect for those very hot days you get on island. Do not miss Da Pina!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Premise: I am Italian, I love food and I am used to spend a lot of money on it. This restaurant mirrors all the bad things I can imagine about a food experience. Starting from the menu.. it does not reflect the italian food variety, appetizers, pasta dishes and mains have all the same price, no matters if we are talking about lobster or grilled mozzarella. Second, the service. In a small island you expect to find local people giving you good suggestion about local food. Forget about it, waiters are not italian. Third and most important the food... terrible. And as if that wasn't enough, it is bloody expensive!

3  Thank Roberta D
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I could have eaten at Da Pina every night. I had the tuna which was in season and actually created an explosion of flavor. The staff was terrific. The owner visited our table and our server was friendly and knowledgeable. The setting lovely, too. Worth every penny.