“The Gascony French Cookery School, Gramont”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gramont
The Gascony French Cookery School
Melbourne, Australia
“The Gascony French Cookery School, Gramont”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I spent a wonderful week at the Gascony Cookery School in August 2013 while on long service leave in France. There were just 6 of us on the course of varying abilities but all were catered for. The course was exceptionally well run – cooking mainly in the mornings (beginning right on 9am!) and then guided visits in the afternoons. I loved visiting the various local villages, markets, wineries etc. I was travelling everywhere by train so this was a great way to see places which otherwise are too difficult to reach without a car. I would thoroughly recommend this course.

Anne Melbourne Australia

Room Tip: All rooms were great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shazza60

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you are looking for a hands-on, intimate and professional cookery course with fantastic chefs in an idyllic location then look no further than The Gascony French Cookery School. The chefs, David and Bernard, deliver expert tuition to small groups of students with a lot of one-to-one guidance. You are taken step by step through many traditional recipes and everyone in the group produces their own dishes. This course is very hands-on and I came away with many new skills and am really enjoying putting them into practice in my own kitchen. Being able to eat the fruits of our labour at the end of the day with my fellow classmates was the perfect end to each day. Vikki & David are wonderful hosts and the accommodation is fantastic, very spacious with all the modern amenities that you could require. With the school being located in the beautiful Gascon countryside there are spectacular views to appreciate with a glass of wine and many wonderful places to visit. A truly fantastic experience, thank you!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth N
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

David and Vicki are the hosts at this lovely cooking school in south west france. The groups are small and everything runs like clock work (thanks David). No matter what skill level you have, there is so much to learn with David and Bernard's patient guidance. The food is great, the company excellent and I would not hesitate to return or recommend to anyone who has an interest in travel, food and wine. Well done and thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 284Cathyreview
Dymock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We don't normally post reviews of our experiences but are times when one has to shout from the rooftops - and this is one of them. We booked in for the weekend course and were unable to find fault. David and Vikki welcome you into their beautiful home as house guests and immediately you feel totally comfortable and at ease. We were encouraged to help ourselves to tea, cofee or wine at any time. David is a superb teacher - patient, knowledgeable and attentive. As a relative novice I returned home with new skills, confidence and ideas. At the end of a full day of tuition the group sat down with our hosts to eat the fruits of our labour on the terrace overlooking the idyllic Gascon countryside. Other parts of the course and meals were undertaken at Bernard's auberge across the street - where else would one have the chance to create foi gras from scratch!
A morning with Vikki sourcing fresh produce from a local market was followed by a delightful lunch at a typical French restaurant.
Although we were only away for 3 days we returned feeling that we had enjoyed a wonderful holiday with delightful hospitality, excellent tuition, fine food and wine all in delightful Gascon countryside.
Many thanks to David and Vikki - we will return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bracebridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Gascony French Cookery School provided us with two brilliant Chefs -David and Bernard, an amazing hostess - Vikki, spacious and charming accommodations, awe-inspiring French dishes and unlimited wine! What more can I say?!
Stunning views, beautiful castles and friendly people.
Merci!. My girlfriends and I had the most amazing vacation.

Anne from Canada

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anne B
Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

3 ladies from Tasmania and another Japanese lady had a fabulous week with David Vicki and Bernard at the Gascony cooking school. It far exceeded our expectations, charming village, delightful hosts and above all, new skills acquired. Joyous laughter, great food, good sightseeing,an overall exceptional experience.
This course should be considered by all candidates going into a life of marital bliss.

Room Tip: View over the hills
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I spent a week with David, Bernard, and Vikki in 2012 and another week in cookery school this summer. Both experiences were fabulous. Although I am not a skilled or accomplished cook, I never felt intimidated or out of my league during these cooking classes because David always provided great instruction and support and is a natural at putting his students at ease. My time with David has improved my skill as well as my confidence in the kitchen, and I have learned so much about Gascony, French cooking, and eating well. Almost as important, I really enjoyed the dinners on David and Vikki's terrace and every aspect of the cookery school experience. I recommend it highly and thank David for his flexibility and willingness to go out of his way to accommodate me and three friends for a second course. If you're thinking of taking a course in French cooking, choose this one!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Gascony French Cookery School? Share your experiences!