“Better than expected”

and 1 more site!
Club Meridmar Apart
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Armutalan
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We arrived at the hotel at about 11pm and were greeted by Joseph who took our bags up to our rooms and explained if we wanted air con etc the charges which we already knew in advance. He was a very shy guy and I think this is where people who review him as grumpy etc get it wrong...the guy basically works 24/7 for 7 months and near the end of the holiday he was much warmer and friendlier and organised our private transfers to the airport.

Upon our first day at the pool we were greeted by most of the bar staff individually and they were all genuine guys as far as I am concerned. People who say they are only after your money are a bit off the mark they are no different than a waiter at a normal restaurant they give you good service and they rely on the tips to make a wage I always make a point of tipping as in my line of work I also rely on this.

We did have a few small problems such as not many children and a few groups that were clearly only in Marmaris to get to Bar Street at night which was disappointing when we were there with a 7 and 9 year old however any issues that did arise I just had a word with the manager Oral and felt better that my concerns were being listened to.

As for the pool itself it is good but quite deep as I am 6 foot tall it was not an issue but there were too many middle aged people in the pool reading books etc and then moaning if they got splashed which was a bit of a joke if you don't want to get splashed STAY AWAY from the pool???? What I really liked about the pool was if you wanted an ice cream or crisps you could buy them from the hotel shop which was very reasonably priced for most things even in contrast to the other local shops. The man in the shop is a real gem he worked in a shop near the hotel we were in last year and remembered us and the 2 boys loved him a real gentlemen who again works very very long hours but always has a smile on his face.

Last year we stayed at Club Alpina which was more expensive however we did not once eat in the restaurant there as they were rather forceful trying to get you to eat there. We did eat a few meal in the Merdiyen and although there did not appear to be the special offers that you get in the restaurants nearby the atmosphere was always pleasant and the prices were not too different.

My son who is 7 really enjoyed the dancing which started at about half 10 to half 11 depending on how busy the bar was and Tash ( one of the staff) became a hero of my boy as he was showing him dance moves etc which in turn made my son ask us to get him a Besiktas football top as Tash supports them lol.

The apartments themselves could be doing with a bit of internal upgrading and décor but really for about £10 per night it is a joke to complain about anything, we always had hot water and the
towels and sheets were changed regularly and the bins emptied every day.

Overall we really enjoyed out stay and would definitely return but we like to try different things and places so who knows.

If the décor was more modern and the rooms had been done up we would have probably given it 5 out of 5 stars

Room Tip: We had a pool room and it was room 207 not as noisy as some people make out as the music stops at ha...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank janetandpeterb2013

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Just back from a week stay at the Meridyen Apartments. We arrived late and was greeted by a friendly Oz and the rest of the bar staff. We were told on arrival that the studio room we booked was not ready so they would be putting us into an apartment and we would have to move in a couple of days. I was a little annoyed about this as no one wants to unpack just to have to move again however nothing was mentioned again and we stayed in this room for the duration of our stay. Tip: The air con in in the main room in the apartments so it's not as cool in the bedroom as it would have been in a studio but not a big issue.

The hotel itself is quite basic, could probably do with being done up a little but this doesn't really bother me as for me the room is only for sleeping. The shower cubicle is fine, I had seen some reviews saying you have to be stick thin to fit in it but thin I am not and trust me it's a normal shower. The room wasn't cleaned as often as I would have liked, there was a stain on the kitchen surface that remaind. You do have to buy your own toilet roll which I find a little odd and haven't experienced before and there was no soap or washing up liquid provided either.

I cannot fault the bar staff though, all very friendly and helpful. They work very long hours and it must be exhausting but it doesn't show. The prices at the bar are very reasonable, I can't comment on the staff ignoring you if you didn't eat/drink there because we did but I certainly didn't see any of this going on. As for the reviews that say the bar staff try to chat up the girls yes we did see this happening on a few occasions but they are young lads and you will get that everywhere, even your own country. There certainly wasn't any girls being hassled.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk or you can get the number 3 bus to the beach front where there are a lot of bars/restaurants but you will get a lot of hassle from the locals trying to get you to go in.

Room Tip: The air con in in the main room in the apartments so it's not as cool in the bedroom as it would...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Laura H
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here a few times now,always made to feel welcome lovely food cold beer and the boys behind the bar work tirelessly, Always eager to start the dancing/karaoke off ;) many return customers we were there in a May this year and have just booked for September;) all set in a lovely area 10 mins from beach
Xx

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
2  Thank Mandy M
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

First time in Turkey and loved it. The staff here were fantastic, so friendly and good fun. They work super long hours and yet are always so pleasant.

Previous reviews had made me a bit worried but I don't know what they were on about. Fair enough the room wasn't the best but all you need it for is to sleep and shower. We were hardly in our room!

The food is fab, friendly staff and the pool is great.

Would definately go back and recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nikki B
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here may 2013 not a bad hotel for the price staff where very friendly great laugh very nice pool would go back again the kebab shop across the road is very nice to lovely food at the hotel to not far from the beach about 15 mins walk where there is lots off bars and restaurants

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Helen B
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this hotel. I booked this accommodation based on the reviews from trip advisor, however I was a little nervous after reading some on the not so pleasant reviews!
On arrival (in the early hours of the morning) all the staff greeted us and whisked away our bags, the following morning they all introduced themselves and were really friendly for the full duration.
I have just read some comments that the staff are only interested if you are a slim female, this could not be further from the truth, my boyfriend had great banter with them, and I am certainly not slim but they all spoke to me and the staff made an effort to make everyone feel welcome, regardless of age or gender.
A safety deposit box is available in the room for (I think ) £15 a week.
The towels are changed every other day and the maid laid them out in the shape of a butterfly. However they did come in most days to change bins etc. The decor does look tired, but you are not paying for a 5 star hotel, the rooms were clean and were more than comfortable for our stay.
we were located at the front on the hotel which I must admit is a bit noisy, but this was nothing to do with the hotel, more to do with the music from a nearby mosque and a bloody noisy cockerel!
The food is really good considering what you pay, we ate there most of the time, you can't beat a full English for7tl (£2) and a draught beer for the same amount.
I did notice lots of people from nearby all inclusive resorts coming to the bar most nights, so that alone speaks volumes!
The pool side has a pool table, which is free of charge.
I have never returned to a holiday destination before, however next year may be an exception!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sarahtisso
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just got back from the Club Meridyen , or as it is now named Club Meridmar, this was our third time , But not our last . From the moment you get off the bus Oral and the boys treat you as family and not guests , they cannot do enough for you , If you want something and they have not got it ,they will get it .the room was nice enough with air conditioning and over looking the fantastic pool and bar/restaurant ,The boys tender to your every need , We have become friends over the years and often play pool ,Although some of them need more practice lol .the food is fantastic , breakfast , lunch , dinner or just a snack all delicious .The boys put on a show every night , i was lucky the world cup was on ( unlucky my wife would say ).Big giant screen and flat screens everywhere , also when the rugby was on i asked could i watch it and within seconds it was on.The receptionist Joseph was very helpful also the shop was just as cheap as the local supermarkets and Mammood will get anything you want , the boys Ali , Oz , Smile ,Tom, Jonny and Task were brilliant , they make this and the manager Oral what more can i say apart from cannot wait to go back next year ,so Oral if you read this you and the boys THANK YOU and see you soon .

Room Tip: we stayed in room 203 , fantastic pool view .
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank peter c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armutalan
Musti's Royal Hotel Plaza
#2 of 27 in Armutalan
Club Atrium Apartments
Club Atrium Apartments
#1 of 27 in Armutalan

Been to Club Meridmar Apart? Share your experiences!