“excellent”

Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Armutalan
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Just got back from a week at atrium and the only thing wrong was the fact we only booked up for a week : ( .
This was my 3rd year in marmaris and 2nd year staying at club atrium and we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

I stayed in the self catering side on b&b in a one bedroom apartment. I stayed with my partner and 2 15 year olds. The room was cleaned everyday and beds made.Although I did try and help by leaving rubbish and towels near the door to make the cleaners life a bit easier. I personally cannot fault the rooms as they have everthing you need and are clean. We had a pool view and was quite close to Cuba . The entertainment finished at 12 and although Cuba stays open late I didnt find the noise coming from there 2 bad . I know people who had small children did move for the noise but I would take this as a good thing and not bad the fact that the customer care will do there best to keep their guests happy.

The only problem we had was that when we arrived we were not down as b&b so we had pay for or first breakfast which cost 20 tl for 4 of us which is about £7 . This was soon sorted out by customer care and we were credited back the 20tl . Breakfast was served from 8 till 10 and had a choice of toast cereals etc but you can upgrade to a full English for 3.5 tl about £1.30 and well worth it.

We had all our meals in havanah restaurant and didn't have one bad meal the food is lovely and I think the chefs deserve a thank you as they get forgotten about. The most expensive meal we had was 21tl / £7.30 and again well worth it. They have 2 night where you can pay £10 for barbecue night and Turkish night where you can eat as much as you like but if you are staying half board this is included. Snacks around the pool are nice and service around the pool is also spot on. The lads taking orders speak good English but the lads who bring the food out and clean up don't .So don't be offended or think they are being ignorant.

Entertainment in my opinion is brilliant they have pool games and poolside games in and around one of the pools and the other you can just chill in. They also keep the children occupied with various activites , although I didn't take my younger children this year as august is too hot they enjoyed it in may last year when temp is just right.

There was a problem with people reserving loungers but I think you will probs find that in most hotels, they did post a note under my door stating that towels will be removed if they have been vacant for half an hour and when the staff did take the towels off it was the customers who complained when they came back .I personally witnessed people getting up at 7am putting towels on loungers and then going back to bed . I guess you can't keep everyone happy and the staff did do their best.

Evening entertaint started with songs and dances for the kids then the various shows which I found very amusing and entertaining and the staff dances each night are good .

The exchange rate is better when you get there, you can change your money in the hotel and there are 2 shops near by that offer good rates also .

The staff are brilliant and was not made to feel uncomfortable in the slightest , i just think people are not used to peple being so friendly ( buts that's just my personal opinion) We met some really nice people yet again and I have noticed that when you do have children with you they look out for them.

I dont think the holiday brochure tells you but there is a charge for the bouncy castle and trampolines which I think is about 2.50tl less than a quid but the park is free and my children loved it last year and I only saw them when they came back for a drink, there is only one way into the park so we sat next to the park and and could watch them .

I would like to thank Eric, Ozzy,Ali G, Ibo and all the other staff who looked after us and entertained us and not forgetting the chefs for feeding us ! see you all next year.

Room Tip: hotel is good for couples or people with a small child , but the apartments are good as they have a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2012

booked this hotel as we were taking our 4 year old grandaughter with us we were told this was a family hotel thats a joke. it has a night club in the middle of it with music bursting out till 4 am.if you like to stay aroud the pool be prepared to be up before 6am as all the beds have towels on them by this time told the manager about this said he cant do anything about it even though the pool doesnt open till 8am if you do get a bed you will be squeeded in like battery hens.cleaner came every day but only really cleaned once a week. spoke to people who had stayed there before and said they wouldnt be back.3 people asked to be moved to other rooms while i was there because of noise and dirty rooms. also they are always trying to get you to spend your money in there hotel guy who runs shop will ask you why you dont buy his stuff if he sees you with a bag from other shop this was my 4th time in mamaris and it has put me of sorry to say

7 Thank ianjones65
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have just stayed for two weeks at the Club Atrium, and we had a fab holiday. We were half board and stayed in the Hotel side of the complex. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the food was good. For half board guests breakfast and evening meals were served in the Havana, breakfast was bread, toast, bolied eggs and cereals. There were also cold meats, cheese and melon aswell as tea, coffee, water and orange juice. There was plenty of variety on the evening menu my partner had steak most evenings, and there specialtiy evenings, sunday roast, BBQ night and Turkish night are included in the half board price. Also available to half board customers is the Chinese restauant, where you can have a buffet meal. We really enjoyed our stay although there were a few issues, such as when we recieved our bill one evening there were too many drinks added to the bill, so I asked about it and it was corrected, as we then went to leave the waiter accused me of accusing him of stealing! It left me really upset as he was shouting and would not listen. There are so many staff in within the Atrium and they are really nice and friendly and work very hard so it is a shame when a few let the hotel down. Such as the ice cream man, he can't seem to keep his hands to himself, and there are others who are the same. I was sunbathing next to my partner when a memeber of staff walked passed me and slid his hand into my bikini top! After this we did not sunbathe at the hotel for the rest of the holiday. One day we watched the photographer lfit a womans bikini bottom up and stick the camera down and take pictures of her bottom whilst she was asleep. A guest that we were talking too told us that the same photographer was taking pictures of her baby's nappy area even after she kept telling him to stop. As i said its a shame these people let the hotel down. The customer care team within the hotel are fabulous and really helped me out on the last day of our holiday. There is a lot of entertainment in the hotel but i feel it is not suitable for children, althought there is a mini disco and a kids club area throught the day. If it gets too much at the hotel there is the Irish Bar next to the hotel which is fab! The staff are helpful and friendly and know how to have a laugh without being too much. There is a swimming pool at the bar and a sunbathing area too, be warned tho the pool is a wee bit cold! but very refreshing when you get in. Overall we had a great holiday and will return to Turkey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Just come back from our second visit to the Atrium, another great Holiday. Only critisim is that althrough the entertainment is good, the shows were very similiar to that of last year. Ali GG at bit overbearing at times. Ibo very funny, especially the Bingo (This is not to be missed). Great place for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms over looking the 'Cuba' Night Club.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Second time staying at club atrium it was amazing. All the staff were fri9endly making bsure you were having a good time. The maids were in everyday cleaning the rooms and changing towels. The markets that are in the hotel are good and very cheap, good pools and lots of activities through the day.

gateshead
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Went on holiday with my mum had a greaty time there, room was basic big enough and nice, had a small bathroom with a shower. The Balcony was big enough on the 2nd floor but had loads of trees for a view. The Maids came in every day and aways said hello with a smile , there was always someone at the reception who always helped you. We had a young lad called george who helped with are luggage and we seen him at the cuba bar one night. We only had one meal at the Havana was disappointed didnt stay any more as it was more for family with kids. Tryed to get a sunbed a few times couldnt get even 1, there were lots with towels on which there was a sign saying if no1 using them the staff would take them off which they didnt,we had 2 go up stairs as there was a couple of sunbeds but had to keep going back down for a dip in pool to cool off so we went to the beach for the rest of are hols.The beach is about 15mins away which was ok the sea a bit dirty but plenty of sunbeds which you had to buy somethink to stay which we didnt mind, plenty of pubs along the beach which sell food. Ive never seen many shops liks it when you go into town. Its a lovely walk along the habour but the night life is more for the younger ones. There are lots of pubs not far from the hotel area who have great entertainment for the older people, would definitely go back when its a bit cooler.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was my 3rd time to turkey, first to this hotel and i wouldnt want to go anywhere else now!! The staff were AMAZING!!!! IBO, ALI GG, Musty, Eric, JJ, Bruce, Lollylolly-ice cream man, simon the photo guy thats just naming a few. The shows every night were wkd and very funny, the food was great too. Cheap Strong drinks and plenty to do for all ages!!! We found our self not needing to leave the hotel grounds everything we wanted was right there. Ibo is fantastic sooo talented, can entertain all the children and the adults. Dont take note of any bad reviews, yes the rooms are basic but for the price we paid we werent expecting 5*. Still clean and tidy, cleaned regular. Thank you to all the guys at Club Atrium who made our holiday the best it could have been!!! We hope you all stick around as we will see you next season!!!! :)
Charlene and David!! xx

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cheekyb23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armutalan
Club Aida
#4 of 27 in Armutalan
Kervansaray Marmaris
Kervansaray Marmaris
#5 of 27 in Armutalan

Been to Club Atrium Apartments? Share your experiences!