“Poor place.”
Review of Blue Park Hotel

Blue Park Hotel
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in Armutalan
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed 1 week there, all inclusive.
Making long story short:
Staff - young boys, more interested in making fun for themselves rather than serving guests; playing stupid loud techno music most days and nights, so you can't relax on the pool side or have a meal without bum-bum-bum-bang-bang-bang over your ears.
Food - very fresh and tasty, but limited. Actually acceptable for a budget hotel.
Drinks - so so, nothing special ( cola,fanta,sprite - these are not branded, therefore not so tasty)
Room - was ok, I stayed in november, no need for use of air con.
Sleep quality - very poor. You hear every step or door opening on your level, additionally a chicken from opposite the road' house crow from 1am till the morning! EAR PLUGS is a must !!!
Overall - I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mihhamed

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I must admit I was a little dubious when I heard I was to stay here - my travel agent changed my hotel at the last minute due to end of season closures. Previous reviews ranged from atrocious to amazing - so I just held my breath and hoped for the best! I was quite pleasantly surprised - the rooms were tidy and clean (there were a few problems with the showers, but nothing that a couple of towels on the floor didn't solve), and the views were lovely! The walls were paper thin, so you could hear everything going on in your neighbours rooms - but I took my earplugs!
Food was always hot, and there was always plenty of it - as long as you like chicken!! If you fancied eating out, there are loads of places just down the road at reasonable prices - so it's entirely up to you...
The swimming pool was a good size, and the surrounding areas clean and tidy - and there are plenty of sunbeds for those that want them.
Altogether a very good holiday!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Morganlefey111
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I booked a 2 week holiday here from the 17th sept 2012 and me and my fiancé loved it, although we had chicken every night apart from two, it was a lovely atmosphere all the time. The bar staff we friendly and funny, we now are good friends with them all and speak regularly. We met great people there that go there every year. We started off with a few problems, the shower not working but they fixed it just a few hours later after we arrived. Everyone is friendly and the beach is about a 45 minute walk away and 15 minutes by bus. There are bars and shops just a 2 minute walk away. I read all the bad reviews before I went and regretting booking it but after actually going there I am willing to try places in which people have put bad reviews after seeing how amazing a holiday could be with the right people around you.

Room Tip: When you say double/twin and it asks for requirements make sure you put double if that is what your...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chloe G
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Me and my girlfriend had originally booked up to stay at Club Dorado but got moved to Blue Park Hotel just up the road due to overbooking. These things happen and we were too tired to complain and this wouldn't of made any difference if we did so just went along with it. I have to say this could of been a blessing in disguise as from the word go we were impressed with how helpful and polite the receptionist was, his name was Alex. We were greeted with a smile and he was very helpful. We had been travelling all day and finally got there at aprox 2am so were hungry and were unsure where we could get food from as we have never been to this part of Turkey before. Alex was very helpful and offered to order us a pizza. He actually brought them up to our room aswell which was much appreciated. A very nice guy and nothing was too much for him to do.Our room was basic but clean and we have no complaints with this. The following morning we went down for breakfast which is served 8am - 10am in the restaurant. Most days you have an option of boiled eggs, bread, cereals, jams and spreads and there is a coffee machine for self serve. The Chef who doesn't speak any English so didn't get his name but was a very cheerful guy would cook omelettes or pancakes on alternate days and these were really nice so we were more than happy with this selection. It was at breakfast we met a few more staff by the names of Atilla and Emre (excuse the spelling guys) .Atilla is a really nice guy and speaks very good English so we spoke with him quite a lot during our stay, once again nothing was too much for Atilla, very attentive and polite and very good at service when meal times came along. He always made sure you had everything you needed for your meal and if something was not right he would put it right. When he was working on the bar he would make conversation and always had a smile on his face. I can not praise him enough. Emre too was really nice, he didn't speak much English but did his best and always helped you if you needed something.There were a few other staff but we didn't have much interaction with them due to the language barrier and didn't get their names but again they were helpful when needed. For Lunch there was always a selection of salads, cous cous, chips, pasta and was of a good standard and the same for dinner there was a hot option like chicken stew or chicken wings (they were amazing) and one night we had roast pork in gravy which was very nice too. Again a selection of salads and pasta at dinner. The drinks were ok and the local beer was fine. A few nights in to our stay we met the owner/manager called Barris or Barras (excuse the spelling) and he was a really nice guy also. He spoke to us every night since meeting him. We met his wife and 2 daughters who sometimes have meals in the restaurant, oh and Goldie the dog. The Hotel was quiet when we stayed due to the time of year so can only advise on this time of year and our experience but all in all this was great value for money. This was a cheap weeks get away and we weren't expecting much at all but what we got i can not fault. I've read some reviews and some are not good but i can only assume these people were expecting 5 star accommodation. I always treat people how id like to be treat and am always polite, if you are polite and respectful you get it back at this hotel and for me that's the same wherever you go. In conclusion we had a great holiday and was just what we needed and can honestly say I can not fault this hotel for the money. Well done to everyone at Blue Park. :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mickbo80
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff was very friendly, they did more than they had too! The guests were a nice mixture of all countries, young, old, with or without children, in general the atmosphere was good! The food was okay and the environment beautiful, we were surrounded by green mountains, very peaceful! The city is not that far and every night a free bus went to the center. Another bus goes to the plage, on daily basis. The rooms were clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to you all!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank peterptral
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Bad Points - Smoking allowed where eating, Smoking allowed where sun-bathing, cats and dogs roam around the food, top floor rooms are made for dwarfs (the roof is very low), the staff at the reception can hardly speak English (whereas all the other staff not on the reception can), pool closes early, no life guard on duty, no shallow end in the pool, only one drink allowed from behind the bar after 9pm, all inclusive stops at 10pm, the cups for the drinks are only 300ml, very small, no vegetarian options at the dinner service, if you are vegetarian, be prepared to live on salad and chips all week, they don't do fish.

Good Points - Staff, apart from the reception staff, are very nice, (the staff changes every six months), you can have a Turkish bath in the hotel, the rooms where cleaned every single day, there is air-con in every single room, there are TV's in all rooms with at least 5 English TV channels, free Wi-Fi in the hotel reception,

Room Tip: Don't go to the hotel if you are vegetarian. Do not get a room on the top floor unless you are...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Dean B
Reviewed October 25, 2012

we had a good week holiday at Blue Park hotel. Was a bit worried after reading some of the other reviews on this and other sites but i can honestly say you have nothing to worry about if you have booked this hotel. From the moment we arrived the treatment we received was fine.The rooms were very big with an air con, tv and hairdryer. The pool area cleaned every night. The food was not great but it was fine . The staff could not do enough for you and they work especially hard. All in all we enjoyed our holiday very much, I had been a bit worried about visiting Turkey as I've heard so much bad reviews but the Turkish people are nice and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012