“The Gables at Falfield”

Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falfield
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just had another visit to the Gables at Falfield, to celebrate our Annual Back Badge Day Reunion. A very good evening was had by all, Good food & entertainment.
The room I stayed in was really warm, which compared to some hotels was good, I had to turn it down a bit. Good sized rooms, all the usual facilities you would expect from a good hotel.

Room Tip: No particular tips, as I found all rooms I have stayed in, have suited me, however if entertainment...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for providing such positive feedback following your stay with us last weekend. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the reunion and we certainly enjoyed looking after you all and are looking forward to next years event.
Many thnaks again for taking the time to feedback to us.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel

Reviewed March 9, 2013

As with my previous review of Premier Inn Rayleigh/Basildon, I can only comment on the restaurant, in particular the Sunday Carvery, rather than the hotel itself. The hotel is north of Bristol on the M5 towards Birmingham, and roughly halfway between where I live and where my mother lives. This time a friend of my mum who lives near Bristol joined us.

After a 2.5 hour nonstop drive from Manchester (Sunday morning so fairly empty roads) the location was hard to fault. Simply turn off at M5 J14, then from the southbound turning, turn right (direction Thornbury) at the lights, then right again onto the A38 direction Gloucester (old Cornwall to Midlands road before the advent of motorways!) The hotel is about a mile further on the right.

Parking looked a little exposed to motorists on the A38 but I was only there for a few hours of a summer's day so this wasn't a problem. If you stay a few nights here there may be more secure parking behind the buildings, however.

We quickly got ourselves seated and served ourselves to meat & veg. The portions were well-cooked and as large as you wanted (the beauty of a Carvery!) The man serving was very friendly even if his West Country accent was somewhat incomprehensible at times! (I lived most of my life in Plymouth and still don't speak a word of that!) One criticism I often have of roast dinners at eateries is hard veg - I like mine very soft and chewy. This was perfected here, not something I can say for a great deal of eateries!

It is likely I shall be eating here again sometime this spring or summer when meeting my Mum halfway between Plymouth and Manchester so I hope the restaurant maintains the service and quality it did last summer! It is unlikely I will ever need to stay in the hotel itself, knowing quite a few people in the Bristol area who would put me up should I ever need overnight accommodation, but I can wholeheartedly recommend the Sunday Carvery at Best Western The Gables, Just off the M5 J14, Somewhere in South Gloucestershire!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

What a lovely review of the Gables and thank you for taking the time to send us such positive feedback. We always try very hard to meet our customers needs and when we get such encouraging feedback it makes it all the more worthwhile.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here overnight while travelling from Cornwall back to the Midlands. Hotel is in easy location alongside A38 and just off M5.
First impression was good, I always think that you can judge a hotel in two minutes by the way you are received - receptionist was polite, welcoming and efficient. Rooms are a little bit dated, but reasonably comfortable and clean. Ate in the restaurant, food was quite good and once again service was excellent, This is quite clearly a well run hotel - and I will stay here again when in the area - good value for money !.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank richardi

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at The Gables. We pride ourselves here at the hotel on high levels of customer care and I was so pleased that you had such positive experiences in all areas during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Thanks again

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife & I with several other family members have just spent 2 nights in the Gables, it was the venue for our eldest daughters wedding. I have to say we were very impressed with all aspects of the hotel. From a warm welcome & very efficient check in right through to our departure we were constantly aware of how hard the staff worked to make our stay memorable.

The deputy manager Jason; went above & beyond the call of duty. He excelled in his organisational skills, making everything run smoothly for my daughters big day.Nothing was too much trouble, he managed our expectations commendably & made sure everything happened exactly as it should. He is a credit to Best Western...

Our room was very clean, welll appointed & we had a lovely super king size bed, with everything else we needed to make our stay comfortable. The food was excellent as was the service, the bars were well stocked & all of the staff worked hard to make sure everybody got served in a timely & friendly fashion.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a friendly pit stop or a location for an important function. The hotel is just a few minutes away from Juntion 14 on the M5 & 10 minutes from our eldest daughters home. I feel certain that we will visit this hotel again & again.

Room Tip: The rooms with 4 poster beds are particularly nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J_LWigan
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of The Gables and the kind comments and tribute to Jason in particular. We always place high importance on customer care here at the hotel and this is reflected in the glowing praise you have been kind enough to post for us regarding the food, service and bedroom amenities.
We very much look forward to looking after you and your family on future visits when you are visiting your daughter and the recent addition to the family.

Thanks again

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Popped in by chance for sunday lunch.
The carvery was delicious. Great food and and plenty of it.
The staff were all young and were welcoming friendly and attentive. I was really impressed by the service we recieved.
I just felt I needed to tell others what a wonderful meal we had at this hotel.
Thank you The Gables. I,ll be back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for posting such a positive review regarding your recent visit to The Gables. I am very proud of the Team I have here and the standard of food and ambience we provide to all our customers.
I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you again soon and perhaps you can take advantage of our regular special offers and take the opportunity to stay overnight. We hold regular functions aswell such as Retro nights and Murder Mystery dinners that you may wish to attend and even bring some friends along.
Many thanks again for the review.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very good hotel, wit reasonable rates (we took advantage of a winter weekend break offer). Handy for M5, we needed to visit Cheltenham and Bristol that weekend, so this was in the ideal location. Food in restaurant was very good and again reasonably priced. All the staff were very attentive and professional. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for posting such a kind and positive review following your stay with us at The Gables hotel. We always try our best to go the extra mile for all our guests and reviews such as yours make it all the more worthwhile. You are right to point out the convenient location of the hotel, just half a mile off junction 14 of the M5. We are indeed ideal, not only for the areas you visited, but also Gloucester, Slimbridge and also of course the Cotswolds.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Gables, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was there for a conference overnight. It's a Best Western so you know what to expect, however, I was really impressed with the high standards of food and accommodation the service was efficient and unobtrusive. The rooms were comfortable and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: I think they're probably all of the same high standard certainly there were no complaints from o...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Andrew I, Manager at Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding the Gables and for such positive feedback. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falfield
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Wotton-under-Edge
Travelodge Stonehouse
Travelodge Stonehouse
#2 of 2 in Stonehouse

Been to Best Western Bristol North The Gables Hotel? Share your experiences!