“Fantastic food and wine at The Huntsman”

The Huntsman Country Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Falfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run Inn & restaurant who pride ourselves on providing great service and food at a great cost. Look forward to seeing you in the Inn!!
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stopped at The Huntsman one Friday with a good friend and had a very enjoyable evening,
My friend visiting from Spain was looking to experience a traditional but high quality country establishment. The Huntsman fits the bill.

We both enjoyed two courses of excellent locally sourced food and an lovely bottle of wine.

The welcome was very warm in this family run establishment and I will certainly return again

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went to the Huntsman last night with the in laws, the meals we had was fantastic. Husband and I opted for rump steak, done medium and to perfection, father in law opted for the steak pie, it was full of meat and had a lovely selection of veg. Mother in law had the gammon and she said it was lovely. The staff are so polite and caring and take the time to see that everything is to your satisfaction. Have been before several times, but have to say this is fast becoming one of my favourite places for food!

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Staying in area on business. This place is very welcoming, friendly staff, log fire etc. I didn't feel like a spare part just because I was on my own.

I had garlic mushrooms to start and they were excellent, the best I have tasted. For my main meal I had ribeye steak, it arrived freshly cooked, straight off the pan and cooked medium just as I had ordered (on a warm plate too). This is about the best meal I have had in this area. I would award 6/5 if I could. It was well worth the walk (about a mile from my hotel).

I shall definitely return.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Lovely country pub with atmosphere and great home cooked food and good service. Only a short drive away.

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Good food, friendly staff. Plenty of tables and very clean. Have eaten there 3 times recently and not disappointed. Worth a visit if you want tasty food without the frills