The Manor House at Celtic Manor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$163
$104
$84
$128
$93
$90
Travelocity
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel(Pontypool)(Great Value!)
$66
Llansantffraed Court(Llanvihangel Gobion)
$185
New Inn Hotel(Newport)
$67
All reviewsthe main hotelcellar barmini barmerlin barshuttle busforum spagolf breakbuffet dinnerservice chargeslow servicefour poster bedweekend breakwhole experiencecouldn't faultspa facilitiestreeclubhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went down for a work get together, from the moment we arrived all the staff were fantastic, getting us transport to and from the car park, the reception desk were polite and courteous, the concierge and door staff were only to happy to stop and have a chat, such lovely people. There was a celebrity golf tour during our stay and the celebrities mingled with the guests, no one was treated any differently. The high wires were great although there really should be staff available if you get stuck as you can be up there for 2 hours with no one around to offer help or advice. The spa was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were lovely and so much choice. The hotel in itself is beautiful and the surrounding area is lush and green and looked after to such a high standard. They even found us an area so our group could sit and talk into the wee hours and they provided us with tea at 1am. Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Have a look at the lodges, they are stunning.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharn M
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed on a one night mid week deal for £99 which included full breakfast and buffet dinner in a superior room with balcony!
This was an amazing price for a 5 star hotel
The reception and service was excellent and the food was very good
We had a lovely big room with free wifi
OK ,we ended up paying and extra £50 for drinks, wine and garage parking but it was amazingly good value and we will certainly stay there again

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just spent 2 hours on the high wires. It was one of the most scary things I have half done. The problem is you are very high and as it is very physical, if something happens and you need to get down there is no way to get down. Once you have started your only option is to finish the course. A route of about 2 hours. My problem was one of my party started to feel sick, faint and dizzy. I was stuck, I didn't want to leave to get help (which would have taken me an hour) and there is no one around to provide help. I shouted over through the trees. Scared, desperate. I was heard and help came. I was so glad to see him. Once someone arrived things improved. I was very impressed by his professionalism and helpfulness. Nothing was too much trouble. So thank you so very much Kirk. He brought chocolate and a drink which helped my party member to feel better, enough to move on. He waited to see if we could continue the course or wanted to be lowered and was extremely patient. Could not have asked for more. My problem is once on the course you cannot get off. If there is a problem, there is no one around to ask for help. It is very physical and until you are there you have no idea. Can there be stations where you can opt out? Summon help? Otherwise for fit, brave, energetic people, really good value for money.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Noelle B
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. My company had emailed me the confirmation of the room booking from Celtic Manor which clearly stated 'twin room'. Upon arrival, we were given a double, and told we were wrong in thinking it was a twin room. Apparently, despite the fact that it said it in black and white in the booking email, this still was not the case. Luckily, the housekeepers were available and it was all sorted within a matter of minutes and there were no further problems. All the staff were very friendly and apologetic when they forgot to bring us our coffee (oops). The facilities were lovely and the location was beautiful.Breakfast was fantastic. I would stay there again - but only if it was going to be paid for me. I checked the prices and there is no way I would pay that much for what we got.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Just spent two days with 40 other on a golfing weekend at Celtic Manor Resort staying on the Manor House. The were no problems with the rooms they are comfortable and the staff very helpful both in the hotel and particuarly on the Golf Course with nothing too much trouble. Dined in the Patio restaurant and found the meal very good if a little pricey. Also the Bar prices can bring a tear to your eye. The courses are very good but be prepared for a long round and hiring a Buggy is a good move particularly on ther Montgomerie course. Only concern on the courses some of the bunkers are devoid of sand. But overall an enjoyable week end

Room Tip: Hire a Buggy when golfing it is worth it
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends