“Excellent meal...worth the steep price as an occasional event”
Review of The Three Salmons

The Three Salmons
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Usk
Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've always hated the feeling that I've been ripped off and in the past the Three Salmons has been a bit like that: highly priced food that leaves you disappointed.
But not now! Three of us went as our friend was over from the USA for one night in Usk. We had rump steak and chunky chips while my wife had liver. All of us agreed that it was really well done, not fussy but well seasoned and presented. The restaurant has never really appealed to us though it does look better recently. We ate in the bar and the atmosphere was lively and relaxed. Th staff were chirpy but not over the top. We stuck around for desert too. I had a great review of the treacle sponge pudding from the couple next to us and she was dead right, it was special with whiskey ice cream to die for. My mate had the cheese board which was superior to say the least.
It's not cheap but it is very good so what can you do? I would rather pay bit more and know is going to be good than save a we quid for mediocrity and there were cheaper menu items than steak which I will definitely be sampling in the future.
Good work 3 Salmons. Usk needs quality places and your up there now.

1  Thank Timsuv

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff-pleasant and helpful Olde worlde and traditional yet all mod cons

2  Thank Therese234
Reviewed September 30, 2012

4 of us ate at the Salmons on Saturday evening,were able to book at the last minute and surprised restaurant only had 10 other people in which never helps with atmosphere .

Service was excellent and attentive but not overly, now to the food, I was the only one to have starters, scallops and pork,wow a 10 out of 10.
Main courses varied from bangers and mash to a gorgeous vegetarian dish, they were all excellent.
Deserts included a trio of ice creams , rice pudding and a trio of chocolate puddings all vey good.
Everyone throughly enjoyed the evening and commented on excellent food and service.
Nothing to do with the restaurant but when I went to the bar for one drink, the service was slow and I must say I have experienced this before at the Salmons, however this is about the restaurant and it deserves 5 stars.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We just love this place in the winter and frequently visit to enjoy the bar food and enjoy the atmosphere. The open fire, friendly staff and almost 'olde worldle' style decor of the bar immediately relaxes us the moment we enter.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate twice at three salmons during our 2 night stay in usk. The food was absolutely stunning and the staff very welcoming.