The Olway Inn and Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Llansantffraed Court(Llanvihangel Gobion)
View Hotel
All reviewsjar of sweetsbottled watersunday lunchpieribsthe pubmixed meatfire escapebeeffriendly atmospheretea coffeehome madehome cooked foodgenerous portionsbiscuitsroom was clean and comfortablewarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

dinner was great we both enjoyed it very much. staff very welcoming and helpful, nothing to much trouble. real ale in the bar. room spotless and with great view. breakfast so big it was scary. had a great time and will certainly go again.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Recently had a big family gathering at the Olway Inn, we had the family room, just lovely, very pretty, four poster double, bunks for the kids, crisp white linen, spotless bathroom, all as you could wish for. The food was great, my steak with sweet potato chips was quite possibly the best steak I've ever eaten! Breakfast was enormous and perfectly cooked and presented. All staff very helpful and friendly. Would happily recommend for anyone who likes excellent food!

Room Tip: Family room a gem
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last night, the rooms are adequate and they provided a sewing kit, body lotion, shower gel, shampoo, cotton bud, cleansing pads, tea, coffe, biscuits, sweets and even a couple of bottles of water the room was exceptionally clean. The only thing I could say about the room is that the toilet was very close to the bath but might not be the same in all rooms.

FOOD
For a starter I had mushrooms which is the only starter I ever have but these were the best ones ever. For my main I had chicken and I didn't realise chicken could melt In your mouth but this did, my husband had steak pie with large chunks of steak which were so tender. All the food is homemade and I can't imagin anyone ever being able to finish it all.

For breakfast there is cereals, fruit, juice, full English, toast and jam and of course tea and coffee.

Mat, Nicky and of course Alfie the dog could not be any more welcoming and are happy to suggest places to see we spent today at St Fagen Welsh outdoor museum also well worth a visit.

We will defiantly be back

1  Thank Dianne W
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The location of this hotel is great, the staff seemed friendly and keen to please and the breakfast was quite good, but other less pleasant aspects marred our our overall opinion. Firstly, our room wasn't really en-suite, as the bathroom which went with the room was outside in a kind of corridor. The bathroom was the real problem during our stay, as it sometimes smelt of sewage and had no window or ventilation. The room and immediate area around it had various bits of painted hardboard covering up areas fullof junk which was rather off-putting. However, the bed was comfortable and everything was very clean and we slept quite well. At breakfast time we were given no menu and just told we 'could have anything'. The result was an overfull plate with far too much food on it, including white toast and white fried bread for which we had been given no choice and therefore had to leave. I noticed that there was quite a lot of waste food on other diners' plates, too. Nevertheless, the breakfast items were well-cooked, just not presented very well.

Room Tip: Check that the room is really en-suite and that the bathroom has ventilation.
1  Thank Welshwhinberry
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Visited the Olway in on July 7th and was greeted very warmly. The food was amazing and the service was first class, although it was quite busy we were given fantastic service nothing was ever too much trouble. I would like to thank the staff for a very enjoyable night, and I will definatly be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012