RV Hotel Ametlla Mar
Camping Ametlla(L'Ametlla de Mar)
  • Pool
Hotel del Port(L'Ametlla de Mar)
TripAdvisor
Hotel l'Alguer(L'Ametlla de Mar)
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa Teva(L'Ametlla de Mar)
TripAdvisor
Masia la Candelera(L'Ametlla de Mar)
1,728 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 7, 2010

A large, elegant hotel, splendid garden and direct access to small beach. Excellent bar facilities. All rooms have sea view. Noise well under control. Does look at first as it deserves its 4 star status.
You should however be aware of two bad experiences we (and others we spoke to) had:
- food lukewarm at best, never hot.
- an nauseating (sewers) smell in some (bath)rooms that they didn't seem to be able to cope with.
Not something to go back to.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
12  Thank roverist
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I would like to write about my experience with Hotel Amettla Mar located in Urb. Roques Daurades Cala Bon Capó 43860 L’Ametlla de Mar.
I was there in June, 10th-19th, 2009, with my son of 9 years and a group of friends (families) with their children, in total, 25 people out of which 12 where children with ages between 5 to 16 years.
The hotel is shown as 4*, but it is far away from this quality, at least in regards to the amenities they provide.
This is a hotel for old people, mainly retired, or for families with very small children (1-2 year).
Although the manager was listening to our complaints and she promised to do her best to solve some of them, she was, unfortunately not so empowered to do so.
The swimming pool should have had a bar opened, the sun beds were without umbrellas, we couldn't play too much in the swimming pool, not to disturb the old ladies sitting around.Also, no music was on and although she promised to start it, someone was keep shutting down the installation.
The beach was not very clean and with small rocks, same in the water. Ok, she said that the beach was not owned by the hotel, but the village City Hall was responsible for cleaning it. In my view, I don't care who is responsible to clean, just to have clean places and enjoy my vacation, not to go away from the hotel, just to find better ways of spending my time which should have been one for resting and enjoying the time with my son and my friends. I would've hated this hotel if was alone there, only with my son and husband.
The rooms were not very large, but the view was great. Also, the cleanliness was not very good and the TV had only few programs in Spanish, CNN and Eurosport being hardly to be watched.
We also requested to have some table arranged for our group for evening, but the restaurant Chef refused.
There are lot of other not so nice things to be mentioned, but simply said, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to people that want to have fun and good bath in the see. You also need a car to go there.
The city is kind of village and I don't have much to say.
They have some small shops, but don't have variety of products in there.

5  Thank CrisabRomania
Reviewed June 15, 2009

First the bad points-Hotel in the middle of nowhere. We walked an hour before finding any shops, and then there wasnt much. Hotel shop rarely open. Rooms not as described. No iron or ironing board, very basic with no tea/coffe making facilites. Beds large but very hard like sleeping on a pile of bricks. There was nowhere in the hotel that you could get a drink until breakfast opened and you were not allowed to take drinks from the restaurant out, so if you wanted tea/coffee after breakfast on the patio you couldnt. Hotel staff would serve Spanish before us and we were the only Brits in the whole place. One time with just two people waiting to be served before us it took 20 mins for us to be served our drinks as they served the Spanish as they came up to the bar. No snack bar, even if we wanted to pay and lots of things not included, in fact is was more like fullboard and not allinclusive. Beach looked dirty and the rules were very strict in the pool, so if you have children who like to take the large rubber rings or lilos in the pool be warned they are not allowed.
Now for the good points-the hotel caters for the Spanish and at night you can hear a pin drop as it is very quiet. We were quite amused to see all the OAPs rushing for the lifts at 10.30 with only a handfull of guests left to enjoy the Spanish version of line dancing. Only Spanish music played. Plenty of sunbeds and we didnt have to rush to put our towels out on the beds. Plenty of choice in the restaurant, but food all completly Spanish and sometimes difficult to know what you were eating, and wasnt very hot. Hotel very clean and rooms spotless, sheets changed daily. If you are looking for a peaceful holiday (although they do talk loudly around the pool) typically Spanish in the middle of nowhere then this is the place for you. If you have a young family, or teenagers or want to party, then choose somewhere else. It suited us as we were a group of 4 40ish mums celebrating Jackies 40th birthday and wanted a complete rest doing nothing, I wouldnt go back to this area as I found the Catalans quite agressive and there wasnt anything close to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank sharonagate
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Stayed here with the teenage children aged 14 and 12 .
The hotel was basically in the middle of no where.The beach was not sand it was nasty gravel.The pool was freezing .The food was cold ,it had to be microwaved at every meal time .
The reception staff spoke no English and were quite rude and unhelpful.The rooms were very basic ,not the star rating it shows I did not think .Entertainment was poor no english speaking entertainment whatsoever.We had to drive daily to Salou for a beach and an atmosphere.I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with children or looking for a nice beach.There was no where to walk to either.Will not be returning .

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank BillySitch
Reviewed September 20, 2007

Stayed for 4 nights during April 2007. Rooms and amenities were excellent. Geared more towards Spanish guests, which was a bonus as no drunks etc. Offer various packages B+B, half/full board and all inclusive. Lovely balcony overlooking beautiful bay, which is lit at night.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank janefield