“Better than your average airport hotel”

AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had confortable large room with separate seating area. Had nice meal in restaurant. Seemed to be a large group in but service was speady & food tasty. Had & quick walk, not much in the area.
I had a few hours to kill the next morning & had intended to go to the pool but sunbathed on the roof terrace instead. Pool looked a bit on the small side also small sauna area etc

Staff friendly & helpful

Only draw back no dedicated bus stop from airport. I had to phone them & was told to meet them at the roundabout! Only a few minutes from the airport but a bit too far to walk

I would recommend even for a short break

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for leaving us a review about your experience at the AirportHotel Verona. I am glad to know that you could appreciate the junior suite room we free upgraded you to, the restaurant and everything our hotel had to offer you.
Since you stayed here in summer, maybe you can come back to visit us in winter, in order to value Verona's Christmas markets, or our New Year's eve special offer.

There are newer reviews for AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax

Reviewed November 20, 2012

very nice hotel with a relaxing pool and Turkish bath, with very friendly personnel, at a low cost! Rooms are clean and big. Free shuttle service from train station and also to airport early in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for spending a few words about us.
I am pleased to read that you could appreciate our rooms, our wellness center and the kindness of the hotel staff: because of that, I hope you will be thinking about coming back to visit us, in case you're in Verona again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just returned from a trip to Italy, Austria and Germany.
We booked this hotel because it was the only one we could seem to find available...now I know why...
We had to catch a 730am flight the next morning so we wanted to stay by the airport.
We were semi greeted and rushed through the check in, even though we were the only people in the lobby.
We were told the restaurant opened at 730 pm...it was about 3.
We were not told about the snack bar, which we found while walking around...but that did not matter because we walked in, sat at a table, read the menu...walked around and the man running it basically ignored us and went in the back.
My daughter asked about the spa, but her reply was "we would have to turn it on if you want to use it" and the voice basically said...seriously you actually expect us to turn it on for you?
The room was nice, but the tv is positioned by the bed so you have to be in bed to watch it.
There were 3 of us, so being able to watch the bed on the sofa in the room would be nice.
It didn't matter because it only had CNN local country news in English.
My daughter and sister did enjoy the restaurant.
My daughter stopped at the snack bar to bring me something to the room because I had caught a cold, and was waived away (yes he actually shoo-ed her away because he was watching tv)
She finally did get someone to help her.
The walls are thin, the ceilings are thin...apparently we had soccer team bouncing around and moving furniture in the room above and their game did not end until around 12-1230 in the morning.
Children were running up and down the stairs outside our room screaming and yelling.
Our room faced the front drive and all night people were screaming and yelling outside our window, which we were trying to keep open because the room was unbearably hot with a temp gauge that did not work. That was also ruined by the smoke coming in the window.
The next morning when we went to check out I approached to counter with my key to check out, the man asked me if I used to mini bar and when I said no he waived me away very rudely.
Basically I was dismissed. He did not even come close enough to take the key from me.
I told him we had reserved the shuttle to the airport and he told me "go out front".
The shuttle driver was waiting for us and was very nice and kind. He must be on contract from another hotel because this hotel must not be trained for any type of human respect or kindness.
Since we paid close to $200 I feel totally ripped off and would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.
The only reasons for one star...the shuttle driver and the free wi-fi.
I would have slept better at the airport and saved a lot of money.
This was our last hotel after 2 weeks traveling, and every hotel we stayed at was amazing until we arrived here.
What a terrible way to end a perfect (almost) vacation!
Stay at the Hotel Expo Verona...we stayed there our arrival night in Verona and it was 5+

Room Tip: Stay in the back or a top floor and away form the elevator and stairs, the walls and ceilings are th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
guest_service_ahvr, Direttore at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Madame,

My name is Stefania Scalas and I am the General Manager of the AirportHotel Verona.

I thank you for the review you wrote, since for us every complaint is an incitement to improve our services even if, I should say, I'm sure that all the problems would have immediately been solved on the spot should you have addressed to the Duty Manager.

Anyway, after reading your letter I spoke with all the colleagues involved in the matter and what I can deduce is that the girl at the reception who checked you in quickly only had the impression that you arrived very tired from your travel and she simply did not want to make you wait in the lobby for a long time. Her aim was to give you the room key as soon as possible (most of our customers appreciate it very much) to let you enter and have a rest. I will anyway explain her to try to understand in advance the requirements of the single client, since, that's true, every client is a single world.

About the wellness center, the door was locked for safety reasons since we are hosting many families who lost their homes in the terrible earthquake which, last may, destroyed several cities in Emilia Romagna. There are therefore many children in the Hotel and, in the beginning, they were left free from their parents to walk all around the Hotel without any parental control. I had some meetings with the parents also to solve this problem, and now things are going better.

Honestly I don't understand the problem with CNN since as far as I know it does not exist a CNN Africa but only a CNN World News.

At last I've obviously spoken also with the night auditor ; he was only very worried the driver to arrive in time and pick you up not to cause you problems with the flight timetable.

On the other hand the behavior of the bar staff is not excusable and I will work to awaken all of them and avoid unpleasant situations in the future.

I hope that this will help to clear the matter and I also hope to welcome you soon back in Verona.

My best regards

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on Nov. 10th - our last night of a very special vacation. It was a horrible stay. First, the good things - clean, large room, decent food at restaurant (when you can get it) free wifi, airport shuttle on time. Everything else, especially the service, was bad.

We arrived at 3pm - told that no food was available until 730pm. Quickly given key (no one else was checking in), not told about services, not given info about Verona, nothing. We had been on a train all day and were starving, and after we unpacked, went to the bar. The server saw us, ignored us, and cleaned behind the counter and turned off the kitchen light. So we assumed it was closed or they did not want to help us. We went for a short walk, and then asked if we could get a shuttle into Verona. There was not one available for 4 hours, and they said all we could do was call a taxi. We had wanted to see the horse show in town, but thought that maybe it was over for the day. The next morning we saw on the front desk that the hotel had shuttles available to the horse show in the afternoon, but they never mentioned this to us.

I then asked about the pool and wellness center, which is heavily advertised on the website. I was told that the turkish bath and sauna was not turned on, and that if I wanted to use them,. they would have to turn them on just for me. The staff did not seem happy about that, so I just went upstairs. We checked email and packed luggage, since there was nothing else to do, and we were still starving. There was only one English channel on TV (CNN west Africa??!!) and we gave up on that. At 730 we ran downstairs to get food - the restaurant was ok, but not great. Service there was good - the shuttle drivers and restaurant waiters were the only people who were even a little nice to us.

After my aunt and I ate, we checked the bar to see if we could get some food for my mom, who was not feeling well and stayed upstairs. All I wanted was a sandwich. There was a soccer game on, and the waiters (and apparently some of their friends) were using the bar area to watch it. That's totally fine, more power to them. But, when I asked for help, the waiter actually waved me away and made a face and kept watching the soccer game! I went to the counter and another waiter finally came out from the kitchen after several minutes to help me. He didn't speak English, so I eventually got out enough Italian to say that I wanted to take a sandwich upstairs. They made my sandwich while running out several times to the tv to watch the game. Another waiter rang me up and handed me the plate while not even taking his eyes off the screen. He didnt even acknowledge me when I said thank you.

We went upstairs and gave my mom her sandwich, and finished packing and went to bed. The walls are really thin and we could hear several people running around and yelling upstairs and outside. We could not get to sleep until nearly midnight.

The next morning, we took showers (decent water pressure, but what nice hotel uses a cheap soap dispenser for combination shampoo and body wash?) got ready, and went downstairs to check out. We handed our key to a new person at the front desk, and again there was not a crowd. He pointed at our shuttle, and didnt even acknowledge us, ask how the stay was, or even say goodbye. We couldnt wait to get out of there. The shuttle driver was at least nice.

Compare this to the other 3 places I stayed on this trip - Hotel Expo (also in Verona) had a closed kitchen when we arrived at 11pm. We mentioned we were hungry and they still made us some sandwiches, cookies, and beer and wine and their bartender talked to us for an hour when we got in.

Hilton Innsbruck was fantastic and surprised us with a free room upgrade and complimentary strawberries and champagne as a birthday gift. Alstadt Hotel Zum Hechten in Fussen, Germany, treated us like family, and asked us any chance they could if we needed anything or how we could have a better trip. We stayed at an apartment in Venice and the owner also asked us several times if she could be helpful.

I have never stayed at a hotel where I have felt unwelcome, much less been physically waved away by several people as if my being there was an annoyance. Would never return here!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Madame,

My best regards

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We just spent a great week-end in Verona, and for sure a big part of that was because of the Hotel. You check-in with a smile, you check out sadly: you'd never leave.
Rooms are big, confortable and clean. Everything is working and beds are really confortable.
Spa gives you the right relax you need.
Service: is excellent. Whatever you need, they'll help you. They're really kind.
Breakfast: was great. Good food, in large quantity.
Then, the hotel owns a bus that (for free!!!!) brings you in the city center of Verona: this will save your driving licence....as in Verona you can get an Aperol Spritz for only 2 €...
I really appreciated everything of this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are smokers, ask for a smokers room (with balcon).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

This is one of the most friendly review I've ever read about our hotel.
My staff and I are very proud to get a guest to be as satisfied as you are about your experience here at the AirportHotel Verona. Since you had such a good time with us, I expect to see you come back very soon, maybe we can welcome you with some Spritz as well!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed for one night in the hotel and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was flexible, nice and polite. The room was big and nice with a balcony. The breakfast was good choice and great espresso when you order it. I managed to use the swimming pool and I was the only user at that time so I enjoyed it. The equipment in the gym needs renovation and modernization. The staff was so nice to extend my check-out till the afternoon when was my flight, which was very nice considering the heavy rain outside so no chance of going around. The wifi was free and well functioning. I also used the free shuttle to the airport. Overall, very good hotel.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms have nice balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review you wrote.
Reading that our customers really appreciate our hotel and the services we provide is always a pleasure for us. Everybody here knows how annoying it is to have to wait for a flight with nothing to do or nowhere to go, and that's why, when it's possible, we always offer a free late check out to our guests.

I hope that you can come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked directly on the hotel's own website and received a good pre-pay bed & breakfast rate for our one night stay en-route to Lake Garda. Their own minibus was a little difficult to find outside the arrivals area but after a short while we were on our way. 5 minutes later and having had a chat with the very personable driver we arrived at the hotel itself. The building is modern in appearance and that feeling is continued once in the lobby area. The welcome from the male member of staff at reception was warm and friendly and we were soon in the lift on our way to the room. The impression was pretty good overall but the room felt very stuffy and initially the temperature was far too high. While everything else worked fine and the standard of the fixtures and fittings was pretty good we never did manage to get the temperature to our liking and this was not helped by a seemingly inoperative a/c control unit. Opening the window worked wonders but also allowed the noise of the nearby airport to be heard quite clearly. We had a drink in the small bar and thought that the cost seemed quite reasonable. We also noticed that they offered a bar menu with a wide range of snacks and light meals which would be ideal if you didn't want the full restaurant menu. Breakfast next morning was more than adequate and featured both hot and cold items along with juices pastries and hot drinks. The minibus took us back to the airport to collect our hire car (if you are considering renting in Italy then based on our experience avoid the Thrifty/Auto-Europa/Sicily by Car franchise at all costs) but they also offer free transfers to and from Verona itself making a stay at this hotel an option if you have more time and want to sample this delightful city. Although the hotel is lacking a little bit in the way of positive atmosphere we nonetheless enjoyed our brief visit and would certainly stay again and also recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a complete review about AirportHotel Verona.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here, it is very important for us to have continuous feedbacks from our guest about the service we offer in order to improve it all the time. About the problem you reported, if you had call the reception asking information about the a/c, they would have explained you that the control unit in the room allows our guest to modify the temperature only of two degrees above or below with respect to a fixed setpoint that can be changed only from the main system, so they would have changed it for you.
I hope that this little stain will not affect in a negative way the memory of your holiday in Verona :-)
We hope to have you back as our guest very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Villafranca di Verona
#4 of 7 in Villafranca di Verona
Postumia Hotel
Postumia Hotel
#2 of 4 in Dossobuono

Been to AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax? Share your experiences!