“Very good hotel close to airport”

AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Very good hotel close to airport”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed for one night in the hotel and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was flexible, nice and polite. The room was big and nice with a balcony. The breakfast was good choice and great espresso when you order it. I managed to use the swimming pool and I was the only user at that time so I enjoyed it. The equipment in the gym needs renovation and modernization. The staff was so nice to extend my check-out till the afternoon when was my flight, which was very nice considering the heavy rain outside so no chance of going around. The wifi was free and well functioning. I also used the free shuttle to the airport. Overall, very good hotel.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms have nice balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review you wrote.
Reading that our customers really appreciate our hotel and the services we provide is always a pleasure for us. Everybody here knows how annoying it is to have to wait for a flight with nothing to do or nowhere to go, and that's why, when it's possible, we always offer a free late check out to our guests.

I hope that you can come back to visit us soon.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked directly on the hotel's own website and received a good pre-pay bed & breakfast rate for our one night stay en-route to Lake Garda. Their own minibus was a little difficult to find outside the arrivals area but after a short while we were on our way. 5 minutes later and having had a chat with the very personable driver we arrived at the hotel itself. The building is modern in appearance and that feeling is continued once in the lobby area. The welcome from the male member of staff at reception was warm and friendly and we were soon in the lift on our way to the room. The impression was pretty good overall but the room felt very stuffy and initially the temperature was far too high. While everything else worked fine and the standard of the fixtures and fittings was pretty good we never did manage to get the temperature to our liking and this was not helped by a seemingly inoperative a/c control unit. Opening the window worked wonders but also allowed the noise of the nearby airport to be heard quite clearly. We had a drink in the small bar and thought that the cost seemed quite reasonable. We also noticed that they offered a bar menu with a wide range of snacks and light meals which would be ideal if you didn't want the full restaurant menu. Breakfast next morning was more than adequate and featured both hot and cold items along with juices pastries and hot drinks. The minibus took us back to the airport to collect our hire car (if you are considering renting in Italy then based on our experience avoid the Thrifty/Auto-Europa/Sicily by Car franchise at all costs) but they also offer free transfers to and from Verona itself making a stay at this hotel an option if you have more time and want to sample this delightful city. Although the hotel is lacking a little bit in the way of positive atmosphere we nonetheless enjoyed our brief visit and would certainly stay again and also recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such a complete review about AirportHotel Verona.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here, it is very important for us to have continuous feedbacks from our guest about the service we offer in order to improve it all the time. About the problem you reported, if you had call the reception asking information about the a/c, they would have explained you that the control unit in the room allows our guest to modify the temperature only of two degrees above or below with respect to a fixed setpoint that can be changed only from the main system, so they would have changed it for you.
I hope that this little stain will not affect in a negative way the memory of your holiday in Verona :-)
We hope to have you back as our guest very soon.

Nahariya, Israel
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Airport Hotel Verona is a hotel which Nmtzr of 1.5-2 km away from the international airport of Verona.
Like other hotels located in airports around the world, the hotel is designed for business travelers, conferences, and passengers in transit. The hotel itself also designate vacationers.
It offers free Wi-Fi to all guests.
When staying in a hotel, I was offered a free shuttle service to the airport.
Rooms are equipped with coffee, minibar, safe, air-conditioning and satellite TV.
The bathroom had plenty of towels, varied amenities and hair dryer
Level of cleanliness and maintenance were reasonable, although there were signs of light mold at the bottom of the shower wall.
Hardwood floor in the room was a little worn.
Isolation of the windows was excellent, fairly important detail in hotels that are near airports.
Because of my short visit I was not at breakfast and I can not express an opinion on it.
Hotel reception staff welcoming, patient and happy to advise on entertainment options in the area, as well as information on the city nearby, Verona.
In summary, excellent location, professional reception staff and affordable lead me to recommend the hotel. However, it is recommended to check the breakfast issue to not be disappointed

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing such nice review about your stay at AirportHotel Verona.
I am pleased to read that you had a good experience here with us, and I hope you can come back to visit us in the future, so maybe you can try our breakfast and write about it too!

Kind regards,
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Have an early flight to catch? Don't want to risk to be late at the airport? Then the Verona Airport hotel is your choice... Don't expect more than that. Rooms are clean, but modest. The noise of the ventilation makes you think you fly in a old Jet Airliner. Breakfast? Look at the picture... Help yourself is the moto.

• Stayed September 2012
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at the AirportHotel Verona.
I feel sorry because I see that you could not fully appreciate what our hotel could offer you. Of course we are pleased of being very close to the airport, but our location isn't the only reason why our guests choose us: good restaurant, relaxing wellness center, free shuttle rides and so on. Beside that, though the american breakfast starts at 6 a.m., we are proud to offer a very early breakfast buffet starting 2 a.m., which is totally self serviced as you could see.
Finally, I would like to give you a tip: no matter which hotel you are, but if you feel uncomfortable about something you can always ask help at the reception, because in the 90% of the cases your problems can be solved. For example, if you told us about the air conditioning noise in the first place, we could fix it immediately.

Hoping to have you back soon in our hotel, yours faithfully
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days and used it as a base to see Verona, Lago Di Garda, Venice, and some wineries. Hotel is new clean and modern. It however does not have a welcome home feel. It feels very institutionalized, cold and lacks decor. the restaurant serves great food but once again feel like you are in a institutional cafeteria.

we upgraded our room to a larger one with couch and separate living room was large enough. however I would set the A/C as cold as I could and for the first 2 nights was woken up at 2:30am sweating profusely. When I called down to complain that the A/C was not working I was told that they manually over ride the settings in the room and that my room was set to 24C!! the turned it down to 20C for me but took an hour to cool the room down.

The same thing happened on night #2 but when I phoned the front desk several times no answer. So I went down to the desk in my underwear and asked what was going on I was told the same thing. I asked to set my room at 20C and leave it and to put a note on my room. I never had this problem again.

Pool was nice and roof top garden was great spent one night up there until 4am drinking wine and enjoying Italy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oilworker
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your stay at the AirportHotel Verona.
I am very sorry about what happened with the air conditioning during your first two nights here: you see, we have an automatic system that sets the set point depending on the outside temperature, and looks like that it has been decided by some technician much more sensible to cold than you!
Considering that we already heard from other guest complains about the feeling of institutionalization that some areas of our hotel transmit, I can assure you that we are constantly working for making everything warmer: for what I can read I see that you could already appreciate the wellness center that we renovated just a few months ago.
By the way, from now on I will get your idea and personally suggest to our guest to go to the roof garden to drink wine and enjoy Italy!
Bena,VA
Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you need a place to stay while waiting for an early morning flight, this is as good as any. Although Verona airport is one of the most user-friendly airports in Italy, it is located near the very small, kind of sad, town of Villafranca di Verona. At the far end of a mostly deserted business complex, Airport Hotel Verona needs your business. It is acceptedly clean and reasonably well furnished. An airport shuttle makes this the hotel of choice for us when traveling through Verona.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel have agricultural views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a comment about your stay here with us.
I'm glad to read that you had a nice experience in our hotel, and I hope that it can be possible for you to come back to visit us in the future!

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very good choice for a hotel close to Verona airport. We only stayed one night having to catch an early morning flight so we did not get to use the hotel amenities .. The rooms were clean, modern and very reasonably priced and the staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
FrancescoMorgante, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for writing about your experience in our hotel. I am glad to read that everything was fine with your stay, and I really hope that you can come back to visit us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Villafranca di Verona
#1 of 1 in Caselle di Sommacampagna
Postumia Hotel
Postumia Hotel
#2 of 4 in Dossobuono

Been to AirportHotel Verona Congress & Relax? Share your experiences!