“Stayed for many months whilst assigned on a project.”

Aparthotel Atenea Valles
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Granollers
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Stayed for many months whilst assigned on a project.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Based on a 100% excellent rating on Trip Advisor I recommended this restaurant to my Brother-in-Law to celebrate his 60th Birthday with his family, including my wife, daughter and I. No one was disappointed except for the fact that the credit card machine was not working and it was a bit quiet in the restaurant (cannot think why as it is good and this was a Saturday night). We all had a starter and a main course. You have to bring your own alcoholic drinks as Imli is not licensed. A few had soft drinks which you can purchase. There were 9 of us and the bill was just under £100, which was pretty good. Everyone enjoyed their food and some dishes were well presented, which you do not often see Indian restaurants go to such trouble to do so. Obviously a traditional curry and rice dish you cannot do much on the presentation. Thanks to the management & staff for making this special occasion memorable for my Brother-in-Law and family.

After such a long stay I know how consistent the Quality of this hotel is. In the early days they got a few small things wrong, but eventually they were almost 100% right all of the time.

They management took on board some constructive criticism (e.g. they introduced a muesli cereal), but sadly not my suggestion to change the cereal dispensers to the type that keep the contents fresh, which I know they have this type in one of their other hotels in Barcelona. The type fed by gravity and dispense when you turn a knob.

Obviously I got to know the staff and they were all friendly and willing to help when things did go wrong. The rooms are a nice size and they have different styles/sizes of apartments. I always had the same type with a separate small kitchen, equipped with a kettle (by special request), fridge, microwave, 2 ring hob and all the utensils you require.

There is a gym and spa, but I never used these. The hotel has a restaurant used for breakfast and dinner in the evening. The breakfast has a good selection of continental breakfast items, including fresh fruit and some hot food in heated trays (bacon, sausage, egg). The dinner menu is a bit limited and repetitive, but can be good quality and is open earlier than a lot of restaurants in the town, which is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Beware when special events like the Grand Prix are on, because they get fully booked well in advance.

Thanks to the Management and staff for looking after me for such a long time. My longest ever stay in one hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank caroline0199sky
ATENEAVALLES, Gerente at Aparthotel Atenea Valles, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guests,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing and trusting Aparthotel Atena Vallès for your stay in Granollers (Barcelona).

We trully appreciate your honesty sharing both sides of your opinion about our hotel and service.

Obsviously we love and thank you for all the nice comments with our good points and also thank you so much for sharing with us the points that were under your expections so we can have them in consideration and keep on improving day by day.

We hope to see you back in Aparthotel Atenea Vallès soon!!!

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
South UK
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Having read other reviews I was slightly disapointed with my stay at this hotel. On the plus side the staff at reception were helpful and the rooms were very clean, although the room was very small (just big enough for a double bed), during the evening there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke and the surrounding area around the hotel wasn't great, although the town itself was very nice. My main gripe was on our first night we arrived late and decided to eat at the hotel. We went to the restaurant that was about half full but were told we couldn't eat there as we hadn't booked. Also, the car park was full!

3 Thank Jdp2584
ATENEAVALLES, Gerente at Aparthotel Atenea Valles, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Customer,

First of all we want to thank you for choosing Aparthotel Atenea to stay in Granollers.
Furthermore, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, your feedback is of great help to us in our effort to improve and ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.
Regarding the size of the room I inform you that you booked a room without a kitchen or basic (as is shown in some of the portals), this room is more economical for that matter, ideal for one or two nights and have no intention of cooking. Our dinner service is from19:45 to 22:45 with a gastronomic menu weekly and daily suggestions, also a bar open from 19:00 to 00:00 h.
We recommend for your next visit better reserve parking place.

Hoping to see you soon again we send a greeting.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived at this hotel on the 26/09 and left on the 28/09 so only two days. The holiday was a surprise for my birthday by my partner and when i learned it was out of town was concerned. We arrived before the check in time because are plane landed early. ( please note there is no transfers to this hotel) So we got are car and drove to the hotel the roads are great and as we got closer there are signs for this hotel which was very convenient and helpful. We pulled up outside the hotel and they checked us in early for no extra cost and gave us are room key. We got in the lift and went to the third floor are room was spacious and very clean ( i am a clean freak and i was impressed) there is a little safe and shampoo and conditioner and even washing up liquid the hair dryer is not that strong but does the job. There is a shop round the corner if you want some snacks and it is very well priced. They do have parking at 4 Euro a day but it is safe and protected. The staff are friendly and helpful. Only advice is that you are VERY out of Barcelona. When going into Barcelona go the the Rambles its ace and then go to the aquarium so much better than any we have been to it is a MUST!

3 Thank Laura19957
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us to spend those nights at Aparthotel Atenea Valles. We are pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable.
We will be happy to greet back in your future visits to Granollers (Barcelona)

Yours sincerely
Brighton
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Modern , clean , efficient and well managed venue with subtly accommodating and professional Staff. Stayed 13-17 September , room was to rear of Hotel on the 7th floor. It was basically immaculate, quiet and entirely suitable for a few nights stay. Spotless en-suite Bathroom (even had a Bidet for a giggle because I've never worked out what they're about !) , free WiFi , usual syle keypad Security Box , Plenty of drawers / Wardrobe space , Flat TV (only a couple English channels but not an issue at all) , very comfortable 2m wide bed with high thread count cotton linen , air-con or open window option ... daily Maid "clean & tidy" ...all good for sure. It's in a "decent suburb" about 30-40 minutes by Rail from Barcelona Centre , mainly Residential and small Businesses ... several local bars nearby mainly serving local residents with basic menu's at reasonable prices (very little English Language spoken however) ...there is a comprehensive Supermarket (MERCADONA) about 300 metres from the Hotel....I would assess the area as "basically safe" and populated with a broad range of Social and Ethnic groups so to say..... The free Gym in the Hotel is bright , clean , spacious and air-conditioned some of the cardio equipment required minor maintenance and the resistance machines and weights are absolutely fine (a nice touch was the free bottled water and towels in there).... The Spa (7 Euros per person) was worth the money too for at least an hours respite (Jacuzzi , power showers , heated relaxation recliner's etc along with separate Male/Female "Turkish Bath/Sauna in the pre-shower/changing rooms).... "right sized" Robes and Slippers were delivered promptly to the room upon booking was a pleasant surprise showing care and attention to detail by the Staff (without realizing this we left the room wearing each others intended robes , laughed , and swapped over quickly in the lift on the way down to the Spa ! ) ...... We dined one evening at the Hotel Restaurant , it was the best choice with respect to the local bars , the food was superb and the staff were once again on the ball representing great value for money.... Hotel has a 4 Star rating (this means different things in different places to different people)..... I've stayed in hundreds of Hotels over many Continents over many years and have my "own simple system" : This place is in "my top 20" so to say and I hope it continues to please others like it did for myself. City Tax (Tasa Turistica) was just 0.99 Euros per person per night here although I suspect this may vary. ......Summary regarding Hotel = it's easy to find minor faults and be negative anywhere , yes there were some VERY VERY MINOR FAULTS but nothing to give less than full score on here...... now to the intent of "tripadvisor" which is as I see it to advise fellow Traveler's towards an informed choice. Biggest tip is : If arriving at Barcelona Airport , take the RENFE Railway Train to the Hotel , NOT a Taxi ! ..... We took a Taxi and wasted 80 Euro's .... We arrived at T1 and stupidly grabbed a Cab... a simpler lower cost option is to get the free transfer bus to T2 and head for the RENFE Railway Station .... buy a 10 journey Pass (c.22 Euros and can be used by a Couple by passing the Card back to one another) .... It's an excellent service and really easy to use / figure out .... from Airport head for the kinda 50-60 minute journey to "Granollers Centre" which is 350 metres from the Hotel..... settle in and enjoy ..... remaining credits on the RENFE (T10) ticket get you in and out of Barcelona Centre (stations Gracia[shops etc] or Sants[Central Station]) is 30-40 minutes each way.... Trains are clean , safe , modern and run precisely on time about every 30 minutes from Granollers / City.... just take a little studying and getting used to (highly recommended low cost transport option)..... Now back to the Hotel : It's excellent value for money, highly recommend and would use again without hesitation. I hope you found this useful and I'm happy to answer questions / clarify further.

13 Thank subtlebeenabout
ATENEAVALLES, Gerente at Aparthotel Atenea Valles, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Aparthotel Atenea Vallès on Tripadvisor. We are most grateful for your feedback and we were delighted to read that you are very happy with our hotel.
Thank you also for your comments on our location, our staff and restauarnt, we really aprreciated your sincere words.
We truly hope that we will have another chance to welcoming you back in the near future!

Best regards,

Leeds
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I thought I would add a review of the Atenea Valles Hotel in Granollers, Spain due to the mixed reviews below.

We stayed as a couple here for 3 nights in September 2013. We stayed in a twin room apartment on the 5th floor.

So the good:
- Spotlessly clean hotel, The maids cleaned our rooms every morning (new sheets, towels etc)
- The reception staff all spoke good English and were very helpful.
- Apartments huge, great cooking area, tv area and bathroom.
- Transport link to Barcelona is great 30 minute train from Granollers Centre to Barcelona Passeig de Gràcia (It's 6 Euro return & T10 Tickets for Barcelona do not work on this route)

The Bad:
- You may not know, Granollers has a rally stadium... Noise for 2 nights running was a tad annoying.

Last note - check out Granollers City centre, Its brilliant and changes your perspective from the residential area of it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thevoiceguy
ATENEAVALLES, Gerente at Aparthotel Atenea Valles, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review on Aparthotel Atenea Vallès.
We're so glad to read that you are very happy with our hotel and also that you enjoyed our situation and our service.
The “ F1 circuit de Barcelona Catalunya” is just 5 minutes by car from the hotel that’s for that reason you listened race car noise.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again in Granollers.

Best regards,

isthisforreal
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just got back from Barcelona last night so everything is fresh in my memory.
The hotel is very nice and the staff make this hotel even better.
The Front desk is quite helpful and go out of their way to make sure your concerns been
answered, special thanks to Mr. Ferran. Also the cleaning staff very friendly & courteous.
Now the location is where you should pay close attention to prior to booking if you are a first time visitor like me to Barcelona. The other reviews did influence my pick as it was mentioned the train ride is 30 minutes, which clearly is more, & the train will make stops at least 6 times before you are close to the BARCELONA city center. The last train departs at midnight from various Barcelona stations, which is not suited to going out to a night club as you find out in Spain party revelers go out after midnight and nothings goes on before that.
There is a bus N73 which departs from Catalunya Square in front of el corte ingles which I never was able to find, but supposedly there is one, So the only other alternative economically is to stay out and enjoy yourself till 5am when the trains resume service but remember the weekend schedule is different.
The hotel is a good 10 minute walk to the Granoller Center Station, Granoller has another station as well so make sure it is Granoller Center as one time I was given wrong directions and ended up walking another 30 minutes at 1am.
So if you are a single traveler or a group looking to party in BARCELONA this is not the place for you. The room I had was on the sixth floor and I enjoyed the most wonderful quiet nights sleeping, and the best shower with excellent water pressure.The 32" Samsung T.V. does have 1 or 2 English channels.
i never had breakfast or any other food so can't comment.
The 7 night rate I got for this hotel was an absolute bargain but I wish I had paid more and stayed closer to the Barcelona City Center,
I did have a very delicious cannelloni at Fonda de Europa restaurant in Granollers, poor service but the food and ambiance was good.
There is a very good supermarket a 5 minute walk which if you feel like cooking has everything
you need,
One last tip if you're staying here and not renting a car get a T10 card at 26 euros which gives you 10 trips to and from Barcelona.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the comments posted about your last stay with us.
I will transmit to Ferran and the housekeeping staff your review in order to congratulate them for the service that they offered you during your stay. Your reviews are vital to maintain and improve our quality standard.

We look forward to welcoming you to Aparthotel Atenea Vallès next time you come back to Granollers ( Barcelona).

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 9 days at the end of August 2013 first impressions of the town were OMG what have we done!, maybe was the way we come in following the sat nav instructions after a couple of days then we discover the town is actually nice and we sort of enjoy the stay but  will not go back. The hotel is situated on a residential area and at times was very noise due the local kids playing in the playground close to the hotel.
We booked a double bedroom without kitchen, but on arrival we were giving a twin room with a kitchen, I asked to move to a double bedroom, was given a double bedroom stray away. I would expect a 4 star hotel the get that bit right, but obviously not.
Also I don't think the hotel is 4 star a 3 star is probably the best rate.
The staff are vey friendly and speak English, the waitress was amazing, really friendly and attentive. Downsides. the bed was really uncomfortable, could not sleep most nights, the safe in the bedroom is really small, the hotel is too far away from centre of Barcelona, you would waste at least 3 hours a day to commute door to door. The train journey isn't 30min as stated in other reviews is around 45 to 55 min. to Barcelona sants station, which is the best place to swap into the tube network.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jose G
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. It is very important for us to know both, the aspects in which we do well and the ones in which we need improvement and thus.
I have taken good note about your opinion of the bed in your room and the size of the safety box.
About the train journey let me inform you from “Granollers centre” (the stop closer to our hotel) to Barcelona Sants is 37 minutes or 34 minutes it depends witch train you take, and from “ Granollers centre” to Passeig de Gracia (Barcelona city center) it takes 32 minutes (you will find there three metro stops L2, L3 and L4) so is better to stop there if you want to visit the city center.