“Ulriksdal Palace and garden”
Review of Ulriksdal Palace

Ulriksdal Palace
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Solna
Sweden
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Ulriksdal Palace and garden”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I would recommend to visit Ulriksdal Palace where (among others) our former king lived with his wife. You walk through rooms decorated in different styles, changed depending on who lived there, in the fashion of that era and what the palace was used for - it has even been used at a veteran hospital at a time. The old kings livingroom is still intact, furnished with pieces - a gift from the Swedish people at their marriage. I seems quite modern even today, a display of many gifted Swedish designers and artists. I almost had a private guided tour, so of course I´m happy with all the information I got. Don´t forget the "Orangeriet" a few steps from the palace. There are some amazing statues there. If you are interested in old Swedish gods, you´ll find Thor there with his hammer - quite impressive I must say. The coffe shop close by is wonderful too. There are plenty of pies to choose from and good coffe. I had to rush to the palace theater "Confidencen" for watching a performance by Circus Cirkör that same afternoon. There are plenty to do at Ulriksdal. I didn´t get to walk in the garden or eat at the restaurang "Ulriksdals värdshus" so there will be another visit as far as I´m concerned.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mia018

• Turkish first
Merritt Island, Florida
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Do not miss!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Definately a Palace to visit. Beautiful rooms - a bit pricey but worth the visit.

Visited June 2012