All I can say is this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. I'm usually nervous about rooms and food!!! when we arrived it was pouring with rain and as a result the rooms for cold. For this time of year it was quite unusual for the region and they explained they could not increase the hear as everything is controlled from one place. So they offered a a heater which I kept for
our stay. Service is really up there with the best hotels. Everyone is friendly and knowledgable!! They recommended only the best restaurants and villages to visit. The restaurant is just up there
with a Michelin star. We are at a 5star Michelin in paris and we must conclude that in comparison the restaurant at CN was rating 8/10 for almost eveything compared to the 6/10 we were giving the paris resto. This was a good choice for our first night! The breakfast was out of this world! quality ingredients and a good variety!!! Sitting on the Terrance for breakfast felt like being in a romantic movie. The pool area is just fantastic and a must when staying here. Service there is also excellent! overall I would give this place 10/10 for service!!! we were given attention all the time. We did an olive oil tasting in the cellar and the gentleman Fabio was just charming and passionate about his job. we enjoyed it so much that it was all worth it even the price of the olive oil. The whole experience was so much fun for a couple...I'm inlove with olive oil...more so than ever before! an unforgettable experience!!! Close to many villages we needed to visit! Close to Florence! took us 3hrs to Rome. Close to restaurants! Easy location.
Romantic place!!! In conclusion this is the only place to stay in Tuscany for us!! Will be back hundred times if they keep up the standards. Thank you Castelo Del Nero for making our stay in Tuscany as comfortable and relaxed as we expected! I would recommend it to honeymooners ;) even though we were not on our honeymoon it sure felt that's way for a couple who's been together forever!!! ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CASTELLO DEL NERO HOTEL & SPA - Tuscany, Chianti Castello del Nero a XII century castle, now a 5 star luxury hotel member of the Leading Hotels of the World, is located in the heart of Tuscany. 20 minutes from Florence, Siena and San Gimignano, the hotel is in the perfect spot to start exploring the Chianti Wine Region. Original frescoes, vaulted ceilings and fireplaces are located in common areas and guest rooms alike, exuding the charm and history of the noble estate it was. The 50 rooms and suites are unique and painstakingly restored, furbished with elegance and completed with state of the art technology. The hotel main restaurant La Torre (1 Michelin Star) offers a unique gourmet experience where guests are pampered by attentive and discreet service while savouring the signature dishes of our Executive Chef Giovanni Luca Di Pirro. At La Taverna restaurant guests can enjoy typical Tuscan flavours and during summer lunches by the Pool. The Bar located inside the castle is a cosy venue where guests may sip on one of our many reserve cognacs, grappa and whiskies. The unique wine cellar is housed in the castle's oldest part and it is the perfect location for wine tastings. The SPA branded ESPA is over 1000 square metres and offers personalised treatments, heat experience, vitality pool, relaxation area and the Fitness Suite with the most modern and sophisticated equipment. The outdoor heated Swimming pool boasts a magnificent view of the valley and lakes below. Two Tennis courts, illuminated for night play, are available. Complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the centre of Florence or Siena at scheduled times are available all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Castello Del Nero Hotel & Spa Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa, Italy - Tuscany