Let me start with the positives. This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The grounds are stunning and the views are spectacular. The rooms and common areas are all very well appointed. Very comfortable beds. The property itself has so much character and beauty. We were upgraded to a better room and that was most appreciated.
The location is excellent. While there is not much to do in Tavernelle itself, the close proximity to Siena, Chianti, Montalcino, San Giamiano, puts you exactly where you want to be. However, there is not much in walking distance and a car is required.
For the most part, the staff was excellent. We received excellent recommendations for restaurants and drivers.
Here's what needs to be improved to make it a truly 5 star experience. First, the pay per view movies did not work. When we asked someone to fix it, we were told, "we don't know when it will be fixed." The movies did not work the entire time we were there. The internet connection was very weak, cutting in and out. The safe broke twice and was quickly fixed each time, but that was a bit unexpected. There were barking dogs that were heard during the night from a nearby property. Finally, while the majority of service was excellent, there was a slightly snooty attitude from some of the staff.
Overall, I would certainly return to Castello del Nero for the beautiful hotel, scenery and location. But I would hope upon my return that these minor issues are resolved so that this can be a truly 5 star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CASTELLO DEL NERO HOTEL & SPA - Tuscany, Chianti Castello del Nero a XII century castle, now a 5 star luxury hotel member of the Leading Hotels of the World, is located in the heart of Tuscany. 20 minutes from Florence, Siena and San Gimignano, the hotel is in the perfect spot to start exploring the Chianti Wine Region. Original frescoes, vaulted ceilings and fireplaces are located in common areas and guest rooms alike, exuding the charm and history of the noble estate it was. The 50 rooms and suites are unique and painstakingly restored, furbished with elegance and completed with state of the art technology. The hotel main restaurant La Torre (1 Michelin Star) offers a unique gourmet experience where guests are pampered by attentive and discreet service while savouring the signature dishes of our Executive Chef Giovanni Luca Di Pirro. At La Taverna restaurant guests can enjoy typical Tuscan flavours and during summer lunches by the Pool. The Bar located inside the castle is a cosy venue where guests may sip on one of our many reserve cognacs, grappa and whiskies. The unique wine cellar is housed in the castle's oldest part and it is the perfect location for wine tastings. The SPA branded ESPA is over 1000 square metres and offers personalised treatments, heat experience, vitality pool, relaxation area and the Fitness Suite with the most modern and sophisticated equipment. The outdoor heated Swimming pool boasts a magnificent view of the valley and lakes below. Two Tennis courts, illuminated for night play, are available. Complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the centre of Florence or Siena at scheduled times are available all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa
- Castello Del Nero Hotel & Spa Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa, Italy - Tuscany