An outstanding property in all respects. Our room was spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was at least 500 square feet and beautifully decorated with a large claw foot tub and gorgeous walk in shower. The grounds are immaculate and the views incredible. The pool is lovely and heated, and thus not very refreshing in the heat of summer. The pool service was first rate. Unfortunately, our room was quite hot despite being air conditioned but this hardly diminished the charm of the property.
Breakfast was very average but adequate and served on a lovely terrace with views that are beyond description. We were with Backroads on a bike trip of Tuscany and had a group of 23. Dinner was slow but again perfectly adequate. The staff was very professional and eager to please.
If you are planning a stay in this region, this property has to be at or very near the top of the list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CASTELLO DEL NERO HOTEL & SPA - Tuscany, Chianti Castello del Nero a XII century castle, now a 5 star luxury hotel member of the Leading Hotels of the World, is located in the heart of Tuscany. 20 minutes from Florence, Siena and San Gimignano, the hotel is in the perfect spot to start exploring the Chianti Wine Region. Original frescoes, vaulted ceilings and fireplaces are located in common areas and guest rooms alike, exuding the charm and history of the noble estate it was. The 50 rooms and suites are unique and painstakingly restored, furbished with elegance and completed with state of the art technology. The hotel main restaurant La Torre (1 Michelin Star) offers a unique gourmet experience where guests are pampered by attentive and discreet service while savouring the signature dishes of our Executive Chef Giovanni Luca Di Pirro. At La Taverna restaurant guests can enjoy typical Tuscan flavours and during summer lunches by the Pool. The Bar located inside the castle is a cosy venue where guests may sip on one of our many reserve cognacs, grappa and whiskies. The unique wine cellar is housed in the castle's oldest part and it is the perfect location for wine tastings. The SPA branded ESPA is over 1000 square metres and offers personalised treatments, heat experience, vitality pool, relaxation area and the Fitness Suite with the most modern and sophisticated equipment. The outdoor heated Swimming pool boasts a magnificent view of the valley and lakes below. Two Tennis courts, illuminated for night play, are available. Complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the centre of Florence or Siena at scheduled times are available all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa
- Castello Del Nero Hotel & Spa Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa, Italy - Tuscany