This is countryside retreat, it is not Florence: the hotel is 21 km away from Florence ring road, almost half way to Siena. We used rental car; a free bus to Florence is, apparently, also avaiable. The good side: beautiful scenery, quiet, excellent setting for walking in the Tuscan countryside. Chianti region is nearby, with all its attractions. Two Michelin restaurants within reach, good own restaurant. Very helful staff, friendly service.
Rooms quite basic given how expensive the place is. No wifi, and a EUR20/day charge for internet surprising. Palestra building is more like a country house, be prepared to swat an occasional centipede.
Spa area is nice, but limited capacity. Again, facilities are fairly basic for the price.
In summary, very pleasant, but expensive. By Florence standards value for money is average, but would probably disappoint most international travellers. Still, a very good choice for a short trip to the Tuscan countryside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CASTELLO DEL NERO HOTEL & SPA - Tuscany, Chianti Castello del Nero a XII century castle, now a 5 star luxury hotel member of the Leading Hotels of the World, is located in the heart of Tuscany. 20 minutes from Florence, Siena and San Gimignano, the hotel is in the perfect spot to start exploring the Chianti Wine Region. Original frescoes, vaulted ceilings and fireplaces are located in common areas and guest rooms alike, exuding the charm and history of the noble estate it was. The 50 rooms and suites are unique and painstakingly restored, furbished with elegance and completed with state of the art technology. The hotel main restaurant La Torre (1 Michelin Star) offers a unique gourmet experience where guests are pampered by attentive and discreet service while savouring the signature dishes of our Executive Chef Giovanni Luca Di Pirro. At La Taverna restaurant guests can enjoy typical Tuscan flavours and during summer lunches by the Pool. The Bar located inside the castle is a cosy venue where guests may sip on one of our many reserve cognacs, grappa and whiskies. The unique wine cellar is housed in the castle's oldest part and it is the perfect location for wine tastings. The SPA branded ESPA is over 1000 square metres and offers personalised treatments, heat experience, vitality pool, relaxation area and the Fitness Suite with the most modern and sophisticated equipment. The outdoor heated Swimming pool boasts a magnificent view of the valley and lakes below. Two Tennis courts, illuminated for night play, are available. Complimentary shuttle bus service to and from the centre of Florence or Siena at scheduled times are available all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Castello Del Nero Boutique Hotel Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa
- Castello Del Nero Hotel & Spa Tavarnelle Val Di Pesa, Italy - Tuscany