“Good restaurant, let down by Marcello Crini!”

Osteria di Passignano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Good restaurant, let down by Marcello Crini!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The location was fantastic, wine excellent, food and staff amazingly good. Let down by an extremely POOR manager, Marcello Crini. This was his email to me when I said, please hold on until I confirm with my credit card (verbatim):

"Sorry we dont confirm any reservation without card.
No problem for me if you dont find any other space also on friday the 5th
The wine tour with the group start at 6,15
For the moment I dont consider any reservation".

Also when I finally, confirmed it and asked for a birthday cake for my mother's birthday, he said yes and promised this to me. But did NOT bring out a cake on the night itself!!! His staff told me, he 'forgot'.
Terribly rude, poor service from Marcello. Which is a shame because the place is lovely, chef fantastic, terrific tour guide and great people all around! Find another manager PLEASE!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Koolkatkim2476

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Service and Food However----$$$$$”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Wonderful location, food and outstanding extremely service but also very, very expensive. It is also a little stuffy. Not sure if you are on a budget you should go there.

Visited September 2012
Austin, Texas
“Entertaining & knowledgable”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a great tour and discussion on wine, wines in California and wine trends. A really smart tour person in the winery, then some great olive oil tasting and wine. A light lunch then some gift purchases and we really enjoyed the landscape. It reminded me of N. California!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ReenTS
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great family lunch.”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were staying in Florence (see my Villa Cora review) and I wanted to go down to the Antinori wine shop to buy some wine.

We were looking for a restaurant and learned that there was a restaurant in the wine shop (so to speak), so the concierge arranged for a reservation.

And btw, travelling with 3 small kids here... We expected a different restaurant, a local quiet restaurant, but when opening the door realized it was a little bit more upscale.

My wife and I looked at each other but we were hungry and hoped that the kids (6, 3 and 0 yrs) would behave.

It turned out to be a fantastic!

Kids behaved very well and the restaurant had no issues in accommodating a family like us, very impressive. They made 'kids pasta' and kept on bringing bread sticks etc while the adults enjoyed various courses.

Food wise, I really really liked it. I am a major foodie and have been to quite some places spread over the world. This was a very nice meal, accompanied by some great Antinori wines.

The sommelier treated me with samplings of a lot of wines. Was perfect since I could taste all of this with my food and then go out in the shop and buy.

If I come back to Tuscany (well, I should probably say when I come back...), I will definitely go back to Osteria di Passignano.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank birddogilainen
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“One magnificent meal!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

On the advice of a friend from the states we spent a beautiful July afternoon at Osteria di Passignano. We were told that it was the best meal they had ever had and they had traveled all over the world! That is quite a recomendation and our expectations were very high.The drive to the Osteria was stunning, a 30 minute drive from Florence Italy.We arrived to the picture perfect Osteria and felt welcomed immediately. Our waiter helped use navigate the menu and was so kind,two women and two young teenage girls,and so many incredible choices.The Osteria is small enough to make it a very memorable and intimate experience.As each course arrived the food was so beautiful that we had to take pictures,which was totally acceptable and encouraged.Although it is 5 star everything we felt like we were part of their family.The unique food pairings were nothing short of the most amazing food we had ever tasted. So yes it did live up to it's reputation of being the best meal that we too had ever had.I was pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived as it was worth every Euro and them some.Very rarely does one get to have a true dining "experience" this will exceed all expectations. Thankyou Osteria di Passignano for one spectacular afternoon!

• Visited July 2012