“Unfriendly staff”

Hotel & Residence Marina degli Aregai
Moscow, Russia
“Unfriendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

The rooms are really huge, with separated kitchen and nice balcony. From my point of view this is the only one good thing in this place. Hotel employees are extremely unfriendly. During our stay in the hotel we've faced many situations where they was not helpful at all. Just one example: for some reason electricity in our room was not working for 2 hours, we've asked reception many times, they came and said that they just can't help, because there are no experts in such questions. Finally after few negotiations owner(!!!) of the hotel cane to our room and fix the problem.
Definetely wouldn't recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed August 2011
6 Thank OlgaSergey62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Broadbeach, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

Room was clean and large, 3split level with loft bedroom, very bright with private large balcony and extremely helpful staff. Breakfast is fresh and ok.

This is where good things end. Hotel is unfinished, outside area is under construction. When we were there sand was being moved around the beach and blown over to us. There is not much to do here, overall very expensive for what you got

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dejomel
Zug, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I travel 40-50 times a year staying in hotels from 3 stras to 5 plus. Aregai Marina Hotel does not match the standards of a 4 stars hotel. The standard is definitely lower. We have been keeping waiting 4 hours to allow cleaning but the room was dirty when we got in. We bought the necessary the clean the room ourselves. The rooms have poor sound insulation and you can easily follow conversations of your neighbors (I assume they can do the same with you). The reception is very unfriendly and inefficient. The overall atmosphere is gloomy and it looks like the personnel do not get on. The beach was dirty with debris everywhere and potentially dangerous especially for children

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mintorcia

Travelers are raving about these Santo Stefano al Mare hotels

Yaroslavl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

I have decided to choose a place for traveling to Europe In April, 2009. I’ve leaned towards Italy, as it is the best place for spending a leisure time with a child. I have a highly allergic child. That is why the choice of vacation was really important for me. It was important as well to have an opportunity to cook regular food for my child, such as rice and potato. So the table d’hote is harmful for my child. At the end I have chosen Ligurian coast of Italy. It seemed to me to be the best variant. France, Monaco are situated near that coast, and we would have a chance to visit many places and to see a lot.
Having turned to tourist agency I’ve chosen www.danko.ru as tour operator. I explained in al details to Danko what conditions are necessary for my family’s vacation, and why the kitchenette is so necessary to prepare a special food for the child with an allergy. As a result Danko made an offer on booking us in apart-hotel http://www.aregaimarina.it/ru/. According to Danko’s proposal, this hotel obtained such a kitchenette. It should be noted that there are no photos of the hotel on the official site, so I had to search for those on the whole Internet. However there were no more than 2-3 photos of hotel.
At arrival to hotel in August 2009 my two-year child, having seen hotel, has told “mum, why is it so dirty here?”. I attached photos of that place where my wife and two years old daughter arrived. So you can see how it really looked. It seemed to me that the quantity of cars with the same quantity of a dust, which flies in air, could make a healthy person an allergic without mentioning the child.
During the conversation with employees of the hotel it was found out that the hotel is a certain similarity of a camping. I.e. the hotel is in seascape or miniport for yachts. Though I will not insist that it is miniport as there were about 500-600 floating structures. The hotel, probably, represents a place where it is possible to stay overnight, to get ready for sailing or to have a rest after arrival.
The hotel was new; rooms were nice, so there are no claims on the rooms as such.
But the surrounding was awful!
The hotel is surrounded by roads of federal and local significance all round. The hotel is separated from the road by high fence with a barbed wire, so, roughly speaking, it is located on a roadside in the port. Nearby a huge parking on 200-300 cars is located for those who have arrived by car for sailing.
You can imagine that it is close to impossible to have a rest with the child. The front desk workers were surprised, when my wife has told that they were going to stay for 3 weeks. The door of the room opens straight on the road. Is there any safety for the rest with the two years old child?
The beach is shingle; there are foot-sized cobblestones so it is really easy to break one’s leg. It was not like regular shingle - so it was difficult even for a grown-up to come into the water. As the hotel is new in some places there are still building works, that is why one can name it a building area.

It is important that in my contract was written that we have booked a room with cot for a child and sea view from a window. We didn’t get the cot for a child and the hotel workers showed their surprise when we said that have booked a room with a cot. As for the sea view….you can find it on the attached pictures, it is rusty wall with a barbed wire…
So my wife and daughter could stay there just for three nights. I had to find another hotel and transfer them at my own expense. As I have done everything by myself you can imagine how long it took me, plus all the expenses for taxies and transfer. In the Marina Aregai Hotel we asked to look into the possibility of money refund, but they have explained that they have taken money from the travel agency, so we should appeal there. I have addressed to my travel agency. As a result I have found out that I will have to spend a lot of money for calls and letter writing as the chain of go-between agents is huge and it is close to impossible to get a confirmation of money refund from all of them. But I have decided to go the whole log and found out the whole chain and had appealed to all of them, but they just pin-ponged me from one to another. Every one said that it’s not their fault and I should address to others.
And the last thing, we didn’t check out from the hotel. So I had a plan to come at he middle of their vacation. So I had arrived and had an idea to leave a child with grandmothers in the new hotel, and to stay in the Marina Aregai Hotel as we have already paid for it. We had a key, but it didn’t work, so we asked the worker’s of the front desk how to get to the room, they answered that it is sold out. Than I asked again to get my money back, but they said that according to our contract there is no any money refunds.
I hadn’t written any kind of refusals of the room or something like that, so I just don’t understand what was the reason of my kicking out of the hotel. If I spend all the money? So I had to stay with a two-year-old child on the street?
That is why I am not compromise DANKO and the hotel; I just want to give a warning to everybody of the injudicious choice.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank Mikhail_1976
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

spent a few days here as part of a bus tour. modern, well- appointed rooms. Ours was more like self - catering with a modern kitchen and cooking facilities. Nice balcony .. only the beach between us and the sea.. very relaxing. Staff very helpful and friendly. food was excellent. The hotel is situated in a private marina which has a restaurant / cafe and a few small shops - therefore you really need a car (or boat !!) to get into the town, about 1 mile away.A good base to explore this part of italy, but car essential.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank euromanLondon
Northampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2008

Hotel nice but very confusing for a start with different levels. Room very large with bathroom, lounge and kitchentte and balcony. The bed was made daily, and the bins empted occ. but the room was never cleaned. Serious lack of staff, Lovlely first floor lounge with bar but no one to staff it. I poor waiter to serve the 50 of our coach party plus other guests, again lack of staff. It was a long walk to the nearest village, which was very nice also the marina, beach, In time it will be a nice place to visit. but own transport will be needed.

• Liked — Room space, fixtures and fittings, food.
  • Disliked — Locality, Lack of staff.
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Springpark55
The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

We stayed for 1 week in the Aregai Marina residences. We have some mixed feelings about our stay.

Plus: Santo Stefano al Mare is a nice and cosy little place to visit. Almost every nigth there was some kind of entertaintment in town. Just nice to have an icecream, have a little walk and listen to the music. The beach in front of the hotel was not that nice so we went to the beaches around Andora and Alassio instead.
Another plus is the fact that the hotel is almost brandnew. Breakfast was fine.

Negative: I am affraid the appartment will soon loose their new look because only once a week they are cleaned. Though our room was new there was much dust in the bathroom and living room. So poor housekeeping is an issue. Furthermore only once a week you get NEW towels. Our towels were that new, they weren't even ever being washed because they kept on flocking and didn't absorbe any water.

If you make reservations for a seaview appartment make sure you ask for a room closest to the beach because otherwise you will be given a room on the 3rd floor at the street side.

• Liked — quite new
  • Disliked — no swimming pool, housekeeping
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santo Stefano al Mare
#24 of 45 in Sanremo
Royal Hotel Sanremo
Royal Hotel Sanremo
#2 of 45 in Sanremo

Been to Hotel & Residence Marina degli Aregai? Share your experiences!