Gran Hotel Pelayo
La Trapa Palace(Cangas de Onis)
$47
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel El Repelao(Covadonga)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Penalba(Cangas de Onis)
Entremontes(Cangas de Onis)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Rural Sucuevas(Llano de Con)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Hotel La Balsa(Cangas de Onis)
TripAdvisor
El Bricial(Cangas de Onis)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstar hotelpicos de europabeds were very comfortablelovely hotelreligious sitescathedralcavelakes
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We enjoyed excellent service and very reasonable rates during a quiet time, the only way to appreciate this faboulous location. It reminded me of a film I once seen..

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2009

I should have known better. Staying in a hotel that is closed except for weekends out of season is a bad idea. Turning up on Friday evening to find the receptionist is also the bar tender, concierge etc....etc.... Not her fault. Dinner was a disaster. My starter was cold. Their microwave cured that BIG TIME. Now, having served a cold starter and having to serve a main course of fillet steak to the same person; would you send it out cold? You got it - they did! They got it back but I don't feel steak is very tasty when nuked in a microwave so I declined to eat it. Guess what? They tried to charge me for the dinner the next morning. I was due to stay two nights but checked out after one.
Now - there are some good points.
The setting is amazing. The rooms are excellent (if chilly). I am sure 'in season' this place might be pretty good.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I think I bagged a bargain on Lastminute for £48 per night. Great location (once the tourist hordes go) and rather a grand hotel, but not stuffy. I was given a large room with a very spacious bathroom and cannot fault the hotel in any way. In the morning I walked around the deserted cathedral precinct........deserted that is until 09:30 precisely when a convoy of tourist coaches arrived. So get your sight-seeing in early.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Service, rooms, food and location were excellent. This is an ideal location for hill walking, sight seeing and the sea is nearby.
The staff in this Hotel were the most helpful and the friendliest we have ever encountered. I couldn't find one fault with the whole experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tobylewis
Reviewed April 30, 2008

For once I disagree with other reviewers.
The room we had was very very small. Same size as the bathroom in fact. In daytime the place is very busy with Spanish retiree busses. Deserted after 5PM. There are 3 restaurants and that's it. Breakfast was O.K. but we had a cold coffee thermos and an invisible waiter. I think there must have been about three other rooms occupied.
There is NO internet acess at all anywhere.
One inviting aspect of the area is the climb up to the lakes : spectacular. If we ever travel this area again, we'll choose the splendid Parador at Cangas de Oniz which we visited : more expensive and worth it plus : near a bustling city.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kikaan1943