“Perfect choice!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Perfect choice!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in charge of excurions for 3 families on their first curise and was hesitant to go independent instead of through the curise line. I am so glad I did!

We started off a little rocky becuse I didn't pay attention to Francisco and gave our reservations to the first taxi service we saw. They dropped us off about 4 blocks away so we had to walk past all of the other resorts trying to get you to stay. Heed his words and take the local taxi service.

Once we arrived, Francisco was there to greet us. The service, facilites, and beach are wonderful. We were never without a drink or nacho's. We enjoyed a 10 minute massage for $5 and the people selling items were polite and not bothersome at all. There was also snorkling equiptment to use.

When we had to tear ourselves away, Francisco hailed us cabs to return to the ship.

Remeber that when you book excursions independently you are helping the local economy. The service is increadable and there is nothing to do but enjoy.

Thank you for a wonderful day. We will be back.

Visited January 2013

lakeville, mn
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Loved this place.....”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This beach was simply beautiful. One of the prettiest, most untouched places we've been. There were not many people there, so it was quiet and relaxing. Wonderful nachos, and always someone there to refill your margarita! We got the unlimited drink package and was very worth it, and the drinks were not weak!! People were extremely friendly, and although some people complained on tripadvisor of people selling goods along the beach we found they were very nice items and not bothersome at all!!! Massages were $20 for 60 minutes and SO SO SO relaxing!!!! The only thing was I left my cell phone in the taxi on the way back to the cruise but that has nothing to do with the resort, just my stupidity for losing it!!! The Costa Maya tour company has even been helping me find it by contacting the taxi company, etc. Definitely come here if you're in Costa Maya, you will not be disappointed!!!

Visited November 2012
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“So Relaxing”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I loved it here. I came here on a Carnival Cruise, and this place has such a variety of things to purchase, eat, and places to relax. I love the public facilities, and I especially love the hammocks that are available right near the ocean. The wind comes on your body, and it's such an amazing and RELAXING place to be. If you can make Costa Maya a stop on your journey, it is worth it. I will remember it fondly.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank rikerwt
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great place to hang out on the beach!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Went here for a few hrs during our recent cruise on Carnival Dream. It was cloudy so many people stayed on the ship. This worked out great for us because the place was almost empty. The hotel/restaurant is very tranquil and pretty. We got a late start that morning so we only had about 90 minutes. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly staff member who brought us to the beach. We did not pay a fee to use the beach and did not book ahead. This may have worked out for us due to the weather.

I highly recommend this place. The water at the beach is calm and shallow. My girls (6 and 2) had a blast. I would not hesitate to go back.

Only gripe was the price of the cab. To go, it was fair, maybe $5-6 can't remember. But we were charged about $2-3 more on the way back. We were warned that this may happen but we were in a rush to catch the ship so we let it go.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank klf28
Leland, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“2 visits and i tell all my cruise friends”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

me and my family, two young girls under 10 and my parents have visited pez quadro. we have booked online through tours companies. the workers told us next time just come straight to the beach club, no need to book ahead of time. you have to get a taxi or a bus to get here, you purchase the taxi in the port area near the shops. we love swinging on the bar swings, laying on the beach in the beds too. we walk the concrete boardwalk area and have bought pottery, t-shirts and jewelry. we have taken back pictures to the employees from recent visits and they loved seeing them. my husband even gave the bartender his ball cap. we have only gotten chips and salsa from the restaurant. when we cruise again we'll be back. fabulous.

Visited September 2011