“Great Day at Pez Quadro Beach Club” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pez Quadro Beach Club

Jackson, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Day at Pez Quadro Beach Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Our NCL ship stopped in Costa Maya on April 3, 2012. Our family had a wonderful day at Pez Quadro Beach Club. I booked on line through the website, had to put a small deposit down to reserve our spots for the day and paid the balance upon arrival. The deposit was so small I did not mind making it over the web. The reservation paperwork said to go outside of the port and get a cab. We were hesitant to do that and opted to take the shuttle that was in the port. That was a mistake, we should have followed the directions and taken a cab. The shuttle was fine but it dropped us off several blocks from where we needed to be. The driver claimed he could not go any further due to a closed road I do not think that was true but whatever. So we got off the shuttle and walked down the beach did a little shopping along the way until we saw the Pez Quadro signs. Upon walking up to the hotel we were greeted by Francisco by name. He got us settled into our chairs and brought us a drink. Otto also came over and greeted us. Our family enjoyed the beautiful beach all day. My sister and niece rented a wave runner for 1/2 an hour and had alot of fun on that. The only draw back was that the wave runner was not located right at the Pez Quadro Beach Club. They had to walk back down the beach to get the wave runner but once on it had a lot of fun. All day Francisco took very good care of us and gave us excellent service all day. Our tickets included a plate of nachos for lunch for each person which Francisco got for us whenever we were ready. The hotel also had a full menu that you could order from if you choose to.
Overall it was one of the best excursions we did on our cruise. I will be recommending Costa Maya Tours to anyone that will be going to Costa Maya and I look forward to returning to Pez Quadro Beach Club on my next visit to Costa Maya.
Thank you Francisco and Otto for a great day in Costa Maya!
Tina- Jackson, MI

5 Thank Tina H

Regina, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Perfect day in Costa Maya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We booked a day Pez Quadro Beach Club during a recent cruise stop in Costa Maya. We booked through the website and received confirmation back the next day from Francisco. We did not have to put any money down.

The cab ride cost was $3 / person from the cruise ship. (Take the 5 minute walk OUTSIDE of the gates of the cruise terminal instead of the shuttles through the ticket booth in the terminal. The independant cabs are much quicker and take you right to the door.) Once at the beach club, we met Francisco. We had asked for a shaded spot when we reserved as we had two small kids in our group. He had our spot waiting for us.

The service provided by Francisco and his team was perfect. We never waited long for a drink but they were not constantly on us either. The beach was perfect! It was very sandy, calm and shallow allowing for our kids to play in the water without worry. The waves are broken by a reef a few hundred yards out. The water was very warm and completely clear. Fish could be spotted. You could walk out 70 meters or so and only be to your waste.

I would recommend this as the perfect beach day to anyone stopping in Costa Maya. Do not book this through the ship, rather contact Francisco directly. You will not be dissapointed.

1 Thank mac2476
Columbus, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Port Adventure-- Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Enjoyed this outing with family-- including a six year old and a sixteen year old! The recipes for salsa were great and the ingredients were organized and prepared in advance. The salsa dancing was just the basics... but very worth the money. My daughter loved the pinata and my son loved the beaches. Nice way to spend the day.

1 Thank Sherri M
New Hartford, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“GREAT OPTION FOR A RELAXING DAY AT A BEACH WITH KIDS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

This was just what we needed. We booked through their online site for the day pass with drinks all day along with a snorkeling session. Booking online was awesome as it came with a discount. $150 or so gave me and my wife facilities access including the beach, all the drinks we wanted, drinks for my girls (9 & 5), and the beach was beautiful with water that was shallow the first 30 yards out or so........Just a great option for relaxation! Nancy was available for cheap and good massages on the beach ($15 for 1/2 hour) and the restaurant was there for lunch with good Mexican food at good prices! The snorkeling was great as the guide actually pulled my girls on a float around to the different spots so they did not have to swim the whole way - they could just look down at the fish!! FRANCISCO - You are the man! Keep up the great work for your guests!

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Dana H
Davenport, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Salsa and Salsa in Costa Maya”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

I visited Pez Quadro on a Salsa and Salsa shore excursion with Disney Cruise Lines. The beach was very clean and pleasant and our Salsa & Salsa instructors were very nice. They offered $10 massages which for the money wasn't bad but in hindsight I would probably skip. Also I had 4 blue margaritas and wasn't even a little tipsy, I definitely wouldn't have paid full price for them! Although maybe the fact that they were included was why there was NO tequila in them! I would definitely visit again, if only because there isn't too much to do in Costa Maya but Pez Quadro is a solid choice!

Visited March 2012