“Staff and location make this hotel”
Review of Hotel Ravesi

Hotel Ravesi
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Malfa
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Hotel Ravesi and could easily have stayed a week. Carla, Nadia and Giuliana were the perfect hosts; friendly, thoughtful and efficient.
The breakfast served outside overlooking the infinity pool and gorgeous sea, was not only a wonderful star to the day, but also felt like a 5 star retreat. We definitely hope to return.
Grazie a tutti.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ravesi

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first trip to Salina (or anywhere in Sicily).

I agree with the other reviews. While the hotel is lovely, it's the staff that makes it special.

Nadia, Giuliana, and Signora Carla were so helpful and friendly. I had asked about a scooter tour of the island. These types of tours are very popular in Rome, not so much in Salina. However, the next day my tour was confirmed and was a highlight of my trip.

Another highlight were the nightly aperitivi. Very fun and relaxing, and Fabio the barman makes a killer Cosmo. (Yes, I know they're kind of a girly drink. I don't care. They are delicious)

I was the only solo traveler staying at the hotel but never felt lonely. On the other hand, nobody crowded my "space." It was the perfect balance.

My room was immaculate (very important to me) with incredible sea views. The only downside was that the shower stall was a little tiny.

I ate dinner at their sister hotel, the 4 star Signum, during my last night. It was outstanding.

I didn't rent a car. Once Nadia and Giuliana explained the bus schedule to me, it was easy to get around to the other villages on the island.

The bus stops running pretty early, so if you eat dinner at a restaurant elsewhere on the island, you will need to take a taxi back. It's seems that taxis cost 20 euros no matter where you were going.

I loved my stay at the Ravesi. It was the perfect place to relax. There isn't much to do on the island so it forced my Type-A self to slow down.

I will return next summer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank caribbeanragazza
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is fantastic and I highly recommend it! We booked three nights and as soon as we arrived, after meeting the staff and seeing the room, the garden and the swimming pool, we immediately asked to stay one extra night. We travelled around the Eolie Island quite a bit in the last few years, but Hotel Ravesi stays the perfect location (in the whole archipelagos) to enjoy the beauty of this fantastic part of the world. The breakfast and aperitif are abundant and genuine. Everything is home made! The staff is gentle and professional, helpful and friendly. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you can book the room with sea view - go for it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alftravel
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 lovely days at this hotel and loved every minute. The hotel is small but there are lots of quiet spots to relax in the gardens or by the most remarkable infinity pool looking down hill to the sea. Our room was spacious and had a gorgeous sea view. The hotel serve lovely snacks around 6 in the evening and it was a lovely time to sit and relax with a glass of wine, we had dinner in Signum next door one night and it was def worth the trip. Would highly recommend this hotel I think it is one of the nicest places ive been too.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank annemarie1212
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Salina for 3 nights, staff were simply as beautiful as the setting, helpful, friendly everything I expected of this beautiful island and more... The Signam next door not worth the visit pretentious and uncomfortable. We definitely picked the best place.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ANix1
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Ravesi is a little Gem-

Enjoyed 4 nights late June/ early July 2012. If you wish for laid-back you find it here. Spacious simple impeccably clean rooms but you won't want to spend too much time in them. You will be drawn to Infinity pool and surrounding gardens where you can enjoy beautifully simple lunches with cocktails between naps and reading.

Complimentary Early Evening snacks will nearly be enough for occasional evening meals.

Staff attentive and helpful- we appreciated advice on local potter between port and Hotel- caused us to have to book another bag on way home but worth it - an admiring unique salina caper-berry motif plates as I write.

Highlights of stay was visit to Pollara with Sunset meal at Locanda del Postino- also trip around island with rustic lunch on board stopping for frequent swims.

Can't wait to return-

Thanks again to Vagabonda for recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank fridaynightfever
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a beautiful treat of a place. Carla and Nadia were so friendly and incredibly helpful that in attitude this felt much more like a boutique B&B than a hotel. My husband and I were absolutely delighted with our room which was very comfortable, with a great big shower and a lovely sea view. The infinity pool is such a peaceful place to relax. Breakfast is yummy and served until late, which seems a small thing, but we actually really appreciated having the opportunity to lie in if we wanted. We stayed for 8 nights (yes, ages!), and we're the last guests before they closed up for the winter! The town and island are sleepy but we found plenty to do, including visiting the beach nearby, going on one of the many hiking routes on the island, taking a boat trip to nice swimming spots around Salina, and visiting Panarea and Stromboli. One thing we found a little awkward was the fact that the buses don't run past 6pmish, so if you haven't rented a car then you have a very limited choice for dinner (at least out of peak season). There's one (very good) pizzeria right next door, which is only open sat and sun, then the restaurant at Hotel Signum, which is really more of a special occasion place than an every-nighter, and finally another restaurant, called A'Lumeredda, a short walk away, which we ended up at most nights. It has a great big menu and is very good, so it wasn't a huge problem, but worth mentioning the restaurant situation anyway! All-in-all though we had a brilliant time here, and would love to go back one day.

Room Tip: Get a sea view!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SuyinLondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malfa
Therasia Resort
#5 of 33 in Lipari
Hotel Mari del Sud Resort
Hotel Mari del Sud Resort
#3 of 12 in Isola Vulcano

Been to Hotel Ravesi? Share your experiences!