“Small, personable operking me up from hotel in narrow windy backstreets of Oroseiation with great dive sites”
Review of Sardinia Divers

Sardinia Divers
Ranked #3 of 8 Tours in Orosei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sardinia Divers is located in the country between the tourist settlement of Cala Liberotto and the town of Orosei, a few hundred Meters/Yards away from the coastal main road SS125 directly on the crossroad on kilometer 231. Chris came to Orosei and Sardinia in 1982 and lives there from 1996 on, so he knows "his" Island very well. After 12 years of experience working as boat captain, dive and fishing guide and instructor in this mediterranean setting - and in Costa Rica - he has and his team gained the knowledge and professionalism to give you an unforgettable experience while diving in Sardinia.Sardinia Divers offers the most exciting dives in the Gulf of Orosei and the best dive sites on this mediterranean island.We have in the Gulf of Orosei 3 WWII Wreck 30 meter deep, various walls, shoals and rocks between 40 and 10 Meters for all level of divers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just returned from two days (five dives) with Chris Karrer of Sardinia Divers. Can't recommend highly enough. Leaving aside the great dives (two atmospheric WW2 wrecks, the Nasello & KT12 - both victims of British submarine HMS Safari - and two shallow yet impressive caverns), Chris has an easygoing but professional manner (well he is Swiss!) combined with charm, good humour and enthusiasm both for the sea (he has clocked up 16,000 miles as a yachtsman) and diving. This is a small and personable operation, one which suited me as I was on my own and the only Brit. Nothing was too much trouble - picking me up from my hotel located in the narrow backstreets of Orosei, guidance on car rental companies, warnings in advance about sea conditions and how it might impact on what I could do, dives around my schedule. He's fluent in English, German, French and Italian; equipment well maintained and my Nitrox was always exactly 32% (well, he is Swiss!). In the European winter months he has a Costa Rican operation and if you speak German & English, he is looking for an instructor!

2  Thank AndrewC130
There are newer reviews for Sardinia Divers

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We (me and my wife) were travelling around Sardina in July 2012. We spent 5 days in Orosei and I had the opportunity to do two half days of diving (four dives) with Sardinia Divers. It was a pleasure to dive with Chris and Luca in the Gulf of Orosei.

The highlight for me was the two dives on the KT12 wreck. If this wreck had been lying in the Red Sea it would have been crowded. On our dive - it was just four of us from Sardina Divers on the site! An excellent wreck with lots of details.

Diving with Sardinia Divers was easy. I had most of the equipment myself so I met up with Chris and Luca in the harbour. The dive boat is speedy (almost 40 knots) and travelling time to the KT12 wreck is less than 10 minutes from the harbour. I did all my dives with Nitrox since it was available for a 5 EUR supplement per tank.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

we were there in june 2012, Chris is a fantastic instructor, who took my girlfriend under his wing and guided her through an open water diver course with great care and calm professionalism.
same with my advanced owd course. besides the courses, we enjoyed amazing underwater scenery and great company of Chris and Luca, fresh fruit on the boat and lots of jokes and great humor. Perfect equipment, great care, comfortable and fun boat, combined with enthusiastic optimism and plenty of 'wow' on every dive. it was a best week on holiday we could have imagined. we went diving every day, twice a day, and couldn't wait to start the next day..
We highly recommend Sardinia Divers to all of you interested in diving, even if you have never done it! Or maybe especially if you have never done it, since you would be in the care of one of the top instructors on the planet, who will infect you with his love for all things underwater.
thanx Chris, we are coming back soon

1  Thank bartkarski
Reviewed February 19, 2012

In September 2011 we travelled around Sardinia for about 10 days. For me one of the highlight of this trip was making a few dives in the Mediterranean Sea. I am not a experienced diver (got my 'open water' in 2011) so prior to our holiday I informed by e-mail if Sardinia Divers could take me on a 2-dives trip, taking in consideration my level of experience. The owner of Sardinia Divers, Chris Karrer, soon replied with an enthousiastic 'yes!'. So a few weeks later I was on the Sardinia Divers boat, on my way to the first dive spot of that day. After briefing we got down to about 10-12 meter and there was a beautiful underwater landscape of lava flows. It looks like a maze! You can swim into the maze and over it. There are holes where you can go into. For me it was excellent to train my buoyancy, because one minute I was in the maze, with two walls next to me, and the other minute I was swimming above the maze, looking for another nice spot to swim down to. In the rocky lava bottom there are a lot of holes, so for the crew it wasn't hard to spot the muray eels and stonefish, which they pointed out to us.

After the first dive we relaxed on the boat for some time, enjoying fresh fruits. Then we went into the water for the second dive. This time I spotted some giant mussels, and again the muray eels. Sometimes three next to each other. Beautiful to look at! The crew continuously kept an eye on me, so I felt very save during the dives. During my visit the sea was very calm and the visibility was very good.

This visit really was a highlight!

1  Thank PieterDebby
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed with Chris in August 2011 for a couple of days to dive in the blue waters of Sardinia. Overall, the stay was very enjoyable - we spend a couple of nights staying at the rooms that Sardinia Divers can rent out which are very clean and quiet - and dived with them for 2 days.
Sardinia divers clearly has the best equipment in the area (all the equipment is top quality and brand new) and the best boat (all the other schools have rubber boats, which are not very comfortable).
Chris, the instructor, is very friendly and eager to explain all aspects of a dive, apart from useful information also very meticulous re safety issues.
The dives in the area are very interesting ranging from German WWII boats like the K42 to amazing cavern dives like "the tunnel" and the "oyster cave".

Overall a perfect stay and highly recommended.

2  Thank David S