“Excellent buoyancy training in beautiful clear water”
Review of Sardinia Divers

Sardinia Divers
Ranked #3 of 7 Tours in Orosei
More attraction details
Owner description: Sardinia Divers is located in the country between the tourist settlement of Cala Liberotto and the town of Orosei, a few hundred Meters/Yards away from the coastal main road SS125 directly on the crossroad on kilometer 231. Chris came to Orosei and Sardinia in 1982 and lives there from 1996 on, so he knows "his" Island very well. After 12 years of experience working as boat captain, dive and fishing guide and instructor in this mediterranean setting - and in Costa Rica - he has and his team gained the knowledge and professionalism to give you an unforgettable experience while diving in Sardinia.Sardinia Divers offers the most exciting dives in the Gulf of Orosei and the best dive sites on this mediterranean island.We have in the Gulf of Orosei 3 WWII Wreck 30 meter deep, various walls, shoals and rocks between 40 and 10 Meters for all level of divers.
Rotterdam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent buoyancy training in beautiful clear water”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

In September 2011 we travelled around Sardinia for about 10 days. For me one of the highlight of this trip was making a few dives in the Mediterranean Sea. I am not a experienced diver (got my 'open water' in 2011) so prior to our holiday I informed by e-mail if Sardinia Divers could take me on a 2-dives trip, taking in consideration my level of experience. The owner of Sardinia Divers, Chris Karrer, soon replied with an enthousiastic 'yes!'. So a few weeks later I was on the Sardinia Divers boat, on my way to the first dive spot of that day. After briefing we got down to about 10-12 meter and there was a beautiful underwater landscape of lava flows. It looks like a maze! You can swim into the maze and over it. There are holes where you can go into. For me it was excellent to train my buoyancy, because one minute I was in the maze, with two walls next to me, and the other minute I was swimming above the maze, looking for another nice spot to swim down to. In the rocky lava bottom there are a lot of holes, so for the crew it wasn't hard to spot the muray eels and stonefish, which they pointed out to us.

After the first dive we relaxed on the boat for some time, enjoying fresh fruits. Then we went into the water for the second dive. This time I spotted some giant mussels, and again the muray eels. Sometimes three next to each other. Beautiful to look at! The crew continuously kept an eye on me, so I felt very save during the dives. During my visit the sea was very calm and the visibility was very good.

This visit really was a highlight!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank PieterDebby

LND
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing diving”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We stayed with Chris in August 2011 for a couple of days to dive in the blue waters of Sardinia. Overall, the stay was very enjoyable - we spend a couple of nights staying at the rooms that Sardinia Divers can rent out which are very clean and quiet - and dived with them for 2 days.
Sardinia divers clearly has the best equipment in the area (all the equipment is top quality and brand new) and the best boat (all the other schools have rubber boats, which are not very comfortable).
Chris, the instructor, is very friendly and eager to explain all aspects of a dive, apart from useful information also very meticulous re safety issues.
The dives in the area are very interesting ranging from German WWII boats like the K42 to amazing cavern dives like "the tunnel" and the "oyster cave".

Overall a perfect stay and highly recommended.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank David S
Eilat, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

אנגליתעבריתערביתI went to Sardinia with no expectations, and there was a pleasant surprise to me, beautiful clarity, diverse dive sites, special fish. I had great fun.
Diving center "Sardinia divers" greeted me with a smile, the club is clean and tidy, the staff cheerful and fluent in English, really enjoyed.
Guest rooms were neat, pleasant a stay and invite me back again.
I really enjoy a wonderful week for "Sardinia divers" Thank you!

Visited September 2011