All reviewshot watermichael palinrooftop terraceprivate roomincredible viewselectric blanketsrooms are basica great place to relaxwestern toilettrekgorgefrankiecourtyard
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Had thought about staying a night but glad I read reviews about how bad it is. At first I was apprehensive and decided to pop by for the view and for lunch but the service was so awful I left without ordering anything. The ladies here were more interested in their chit chat and gaggle and when we arrived, not only did they not bother saying hello, we sat for a good 10 minutes in front of them and nothing happened. So we asked for the menu and they asked us to go to the kitchens to get the menus ourselves. What awful service!So being puzzled we did we tried ordering food but they were more interested chatting with each other. So first we tried ordering a cold drink and although they had drinks in the fridge, they told us it wasn't for us and gave us a bottle of warm coke. We asked for a cold one and they just laughed at us. We didn't get our coke cuz we got so annoyed with their service and we left. Highly avoid this place. Go to Come Inn just next door. People are nicer and friendlier. Views are just as amazing.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 19, 2017

The only reason to stay here is the view. Make sure to get one of the superior rooms with a view, otherwise it's pointless to stay here. The rooms are basic and not well maintained, the beds were kind of dirty. The food and drinks are overpriced but I guess that is due to the difficult location. Overall, it is a good place to stay location wise, but don't expect too much from it.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We had a private room with an excellent view on the mountain. The beds were OK, cleanliness average. Bathroom was bad, with indefinable spots on the floor. They have nice viewing terrace, and the price / quality of the food was fine. I found the son and father nice enough, not helped rudely or whatsoever. The price of the room is too expensive though.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2017

The guy who runs the place seems sick of the whole thing. His surly wife and daughters are totally disinterested. The rooftop and rooms have incredible views and it was generally clean and adequate, however the power is only on for part of the night, I missed out on hot water, and there is no power or wifi during the day.
It feels silly to whinge about such things when you are in the middle of such a stunningly beautiful and remote place but other guesthouses had power and wifi and hot water. It's hard to get around without light.
It's very hard to order food and drink because the staff don't want to serve you, they are more interested in watching TV on their phones, and the order is often wrong. "coffee with milk" was served without milk, and when I asked for some, you'd think I'd spat at them. A jar of powdered milk was slammed on the table.
Food was good, place was amazing but not keen on the staff.

Room Tip: Demand the best room you can get because otherwise they shove you wherever or overcharge you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

We spent a night in Halfway Guesthouse in July 2017.
We paid 150¥ for a double room with private bathroom. The bathroom was not so clean and there was a disgusting smell from the sewer. The water was not so hot.
The owner speaks English, but the staff in general was not friendly.
We had naxi bread and vegetables for dinner (48¥). The vegetables were too oily and I didn't digest my dinner well (it was not good for the second day hike).
Overall, quite expensive for what they offer. We'd recommend checking out other guesthouses nearby, maybe they are better.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends