We had a wonderful stay here, our rooms were ready and were already warm when we arrived which we appreciated. The suites are unique, old traditional buildings complete with private courtyards.They are very comfortable with a huge low bed and living area upstairs and bathroom and dressing area downstairs.There is emergency lighting too for the not infrequent power cuts that occur.
The views over the river and valley were endlessly fascinating, so quiet, only the sound of dzo bells and sheep. Always something to see. it was good to sit out in the rocking chair in the sunshine. As it was cold at night, we appreciated the warm local style coat provided to go to meals in.Turn down was always unobtrusively done while we were at dinner, we came back to lovely warm heated beds each night.
The restaurant was very good, Bob who is in charge speaks excellent English, and runs a tight ship there. He was happy to explain each dish, even alter portion sizes, and advise on how hot a dish would be for Western palates! He remembered our preferences each evening.
The whole hotel is obviously well managed and it shows.No easy task in an isolated high altitude valley.
The access road is not in good condition and this can be a bit of a problem. Patience is required going in and out of the village, but progress is being made.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay, we were really sorry to leave after 3 nights ,would have loved another day just to enjoy the hotel and surrounding countryside. A very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most secluded hideaways in the world, Shangrila is a remote paradise hidden in a Tibetan valley. Surrounded by snow capped mountains, Banyan Tree Ringha is nestled within this fabled valley, offering awe-inspiring views and experiences within a tranquil retreat. Leave the modern world behind and step into a land of great beauty and peacefulness. At the Banyan Tree Ringha, the feeling of exotic isolation converges with all the comforts of a pampering resort stay. Discover all that Ringha has to offer with the "Spirit of Shangrila" program. Designed as an all-inclusive package, the program covers the best tours and treks in the area. With transport, meals and accommodation taken care of, as well as a local guide to show you around, all you have to do is to relax, enjoy, and take in the beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banyan Tree Ringha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Ringha Hotel Shangri-La County
- Banyan Tree Ringha Shangri-La County, China - Yunnan