“Great way to experience Corfu”

S-Bikes Cycle Corfu
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Acharavi
More attraction details
Owner description: Cycle Corfu along with our physical store "S-Bikes, specializes in high-end road bike and mountain bike rentals, expertly guided cycling tours, luxury cycling holidays and corporate events. Not only are we Corfu’s official Specialized dealer but we also carry the largest selection of high-end bikes on the island. Let Corfu’s unmatched natural beauty and our passion for cycling guide you on an adventure of a lifetime.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent our whole day off the cruise ship in Corfu and enjoyed every second. We booked through the S-bikes website and had easy communications with Stematis. He picked us up at the port and drove us across the island to his shop where we were set up with very high quality bikes in excellent condition. My wife isn't much of a bike rider but was really happy with the double suspension bike provided and the fact that most of the tour was a down hill coast.
Stematis and Jorges were very concerned about safety and our group of 5 was always being warned of approaching traffic on the roads.
We started at the very top peak of the island, having been driven there with our bikes on a trailer behind the vehicle. We rode down paved switchbacks past the rocky upper reaches of the island and then through a gorgeous town perched on the edge of the mountain. Then it was onto a rollercoaster of dirt roads through olive groves and down to the sea where we had a fantastic local meal on the beachfront.
Well organized, safe and lots of fun with Stematis and Jorges - two really great personalities that are excited to teach you about their beautiful island. This was probably THE highlight of our entire Mediterranean cruise.

2  Thank GandRWink

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stamatis was very nice. The easy tour was fun for my family and myself, and I'm an intermediate MTB person. His whole family was warm and our safety was minded such as having a trailing rider watching the rear of the group. I got a gyro at the stop place and it was very good. We did this tour while on a cruise and it felt like we we locals ( sort of) for a few hours.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Was a thoroughly enjoyable and adventurous day, drive up to the highest mountain peak in Corfu passing some beautiful viewpoints and mountain bike back down to the bottom. Suitable for all levels of riders, tour guides go at a speed that you feel comfortable with and was one of the highlights of my trip to Corfu.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I am not much of a rider but my husbant is so when he learnt about that night excursion 2 years ago, to listen to jazz, watch the full moon and then ride back he thought it was a great idea and signed us up. I don't think I have to mention the fantastic capuccino that Stamatis offered us before the excursion , it's a must try for all the coffee - holics! The jazz concert was excellent and the organization of the event was excellent.
After the end of the concert the night ride began. At first I have to admit I was a little scared but Stamatis or the second head of the group were always around us to make sure that we were ok. I loved so much the whole experience that when we reached again the shop I wanted more!!

I highly recommend you to organize a tour even if you aren't an experienced rider! Yo'u'll see Corfu from another perspective

1  Thank Myrto K
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been to S-Bikes mountain tours quite a few times. It's the friendly environment and the cappuccino before or after the ride that makes me come back for more. But there are two rides that I remember the most. The first one was at the last days of August 2011. The owner Stamatis organized a night ride at Valanio, where there was a jazz band (whose leading saxophonist was also a cyclist) performing in the garden of an old house in the center of the village. Stamatis had invited me and my wife to an amazing night with jazz, beer, bikes and cycling under the stars ( lights and bikes provided by s-bikes).
The second one is just a few days ago , early December. I was going for a weekend to Corfu so I call Stamatis a couple of days in advance and ask for a winter ride. He said, ok let's do it. So we arrange it for Saturday morning. I arrive at the cafe 9:00 in the morning and it is purring rain. I never thought of canceling it , so I just ask for a hot cappuccino . And after 10 minutes off we go! We start from Episkepsi (a village up in the mountain) we ride up higher to Agia Triada (monastery on a mountaintop) 4-5klm to Nymfes (another village in the mountains) we have already enjoyed views from up high with fog, cloud formations, rain. From Nymfes we start descend to another old monastery at an area full of legends and a beautiful forest. From there we stop down by a river swollen by the rain (it almost dries completely in the summer) for a few photos. Then we keep descending to Platonas through a fast, muddy and wet trail , attacking the puddles ,having fun and laughing. From there another 5klm of wet and muddy ride we arrive at the beach, the rain had almost stopped and the sea was calm like it was a lake (weird). We finish the ride back at S-Bikes completely wet and pleased .

1  Thank Spiros R