“Delicious, greek food served with grace and the little extra”
Review of Theritas

Theritas
Ranked #25 of 49 Restaurants in Acharavi
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Oslo, Norway
“Delicious, greek food served with grace and the little extra”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Cosy, outdoor setting. Great personalized service with all service provided with grace and the little extra in terms of makign clients happy, satisfied and teasign their taste buds. Absolutely fabolous. You leave with a smile on your face.

Visited June 2012

Scotland
“Be brave and go with the flow”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We passed this taverna whilst walking from Harry's Bar back to the main strip where most of the touristy restaurants are to be found. We decided to stop to look at the menu. There were locals sitting at around 6 tables and maybe a further 3 where English voices could be heard.
We decided to give it a go as it seemed to be something a bit different.
We were ushered in by the patron and, we presumed, his son. We were sat at a table under the vine clad awning, just outside the front of the building from where we could see an older lady cooking, busily assisted by younger people - it did look as if it was a family concern with everyone having a role.
We were brought a menu which didn't really relate to the "tourist" board at the door, it was full of dishes described only in Greek, some such as stifado, garides and sofrito we recognised but other we didnt but all were well priced.
We had a shared mezze selection for starters which included one of the creamiest tsatzikis I've ever had. The aubergine dip and baked feta were also very good.
For mains my wife opted for the stifado and I asked what the a couple of things were, one being I think, gouvatsi. I was informed that it was very very good and he pointed to the woman cooking - I decided, what the heck, go for it and I'm glad I did. It turned out to be a meat casserole with a lovely thick herby sauce, the meat could have been either goat or mutton but it was very tasty.

All in all we and the other diners were made to feel at home and the wine flowed well, there was no rush to get you to vacate your table and a long pleasant evening was rounded off with coffees and metaxa.

The lesson learnt is to go with the flow and I'll be a bit braver in future and avoid the tourist traps more often.

• Visited December 2010