“Wow! Amazing. Has prompted me to write my first review ever....”

Restia Suites Exclusive Resort
UK
“Wow! Amazing. Has prompted me to write my first review ever....”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I never write reviews but have got to a out Restia Suites in Corfu. I also never usually go to the same place twice but have now changed my mind and definately will come back here again. Where do I start? A superb private suite with garden, private pool, modern furnishings, steam room, fantastic service, situated on the beach, excellent food, a private hannaman in the garden, maid service twice a day and the garden done once a week as well. Spoilt!! This is a fantastic 7 day holiday for adults only. The only thing that I would change next time is to hire a car to see the island as the site is quite remote and that is what makes it fab. Also although the food is excellent (and I am really fussy) you will have tried everything in 7 days. However I always believe that a restricted menu is better in order that the food is great and it is! There are a couple of themed nights (mezze and Greek nights but there is an extra charge for those). There is a barbecue night which is included on a Thursday which is included. The breakfasts have an amazing.choice of food and a special menu for egg dishes! The staff are all very polite all round the hotel and the little touches go miles (eg the manager greeting you off your bus with his dog and offering you champagne etc)! The sun loungers all have tasteful padded cushions, the bedding is changed daily, there are spa treatments, a gym, a reception library with Internet and a library, a shop selling limited vital supplies (there is a small supermarket about 10 minutes walk away) and you can ask for a wifi router when you arrive but they are subject to availability. Even if you don't want the private pool there was always space round the main pool. I wondered what the evenings would be like with no entertainment but having dinner at 8pm by 9 to 9.15 we were completely relaxing by the bar on sofas by candlelight overlooking the main beautifully lit pool and often didn't realise where the time went! There are only 30 suites which is great and the bar is at the other end of the site (1 minute from our room).
Some people booked taxis from the airport for 60 euros(one way) which I still do not understand? Our air conditioned bus took an hour and we saw the island? Mad!!
So hopefully I have done Restia Suites justice in my first ever review but am scared to say any more in case everyone wants to go there!! What a relaxing 7 days! Don't want to go home now which is unusual for me after 7 days but needs must and we will be seeing this place again!
Definately happy to answer the questions. Oh and by the way to the negative responder who didn't have nuts and crisps with their drinks... buy some if that is all you had to worry about!! Mad!! Don't listen just look at the over 199 excellent reviews which we did and which convinced us to go thank goodness. Enjoy!!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank dazhum

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Prior to booking we had concerns that as it was in July we would struggle to find a kids free location, as we wished to get away from it all, with quality and first class service. Restia Suites provided exactly what we were looking for, if you want the same, then this is the place to go.

The Suites are very spacious , excellent quality with all you would expect, big screen TV, Wifi, mini bar and coffee facilities. You have a whirlpool / jaccuzzi bath and the shower is also a steam shower room.

The food is of good quality, relatively small portions, more a la carte, but ample. Some have commented on the lack of choice from the menu, however there is a second restaurant that you can use with a different menu, along with theme nights ( Chargeable), so you can have plenty of choice in our view , even if you were there for 2 weeks.

The staff from the reception and the 2 ladies who meet you, special mention to Viv ( Apologies for got the other name) to the maids who are always pleasant and the bar / service staff ( Special mention to Wendy) , they are a small team but all are willing to do what they can for you so your stay is enjoyable and the service is second to none.

We used the spa facilities and I have to say the massages are reasonably priced and the service is excellent.

Although on this occasion we did not visit Acharavi, it can be reached in a taxi that will probably take 3-4 minutes or about 20-25 min walk, many shops , bars and Taverners .

I would come again for quality restful break.

Room Tip: If you wish a sea view then you need to be on the first floor, ground floor have view across the wel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

we stayed here for our third time late june. no surprise to find many returning guests from the previous year. having stayed in hotels around the world we can honestly say that the rooms and staff are the best we have found anywhere.
As in the past we stayed in a room with private pool. These rooms are totally private and enjoy some of the largest private pools found anywhere although to be fair all rooms are of the same standard.
I had noticed that in some previous reviews a few narrow minded people have given the resort a less than excellent report. If having no bbc news or not being worshipped because its your honeymoon means a poor review than the suggestion would be get a life.
This hotel is all about the very best in luxury rooms and 5 star service from the cleaners up to the owners themselves.
zafiris the owner likes to meet everyone personally and almost always is there to say goodbye on your final day. This year we missed him on departure so would like to thank him and wish him and Joanna all the best with their child which was due around the 10th July.
As for the other members of staff, most of which have been there for the last 3 years or more we can once again say thank you for a perfect 2 week break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Charlotte as always is on hand with a friendly smile and works tirelessly to keep everyone happy. For some reason over the past couple of years she is always nervous at our leaving as she knows we will do a review within a few days of returning. Charlotte, you will never have any need to panic as restia will always get an excellent review from ourselves unless you intend to leave.
On the subject of Charlotte I would just like to add that her other half. ie nikkos had seemed different this year. Although he was still efficient around the bar and restaurant there was a strange change in his attitude. Rumour had circulated that he was now asking his friends and family to call him NICK ALMIGHTY. We also chatted to his friend stefanos who works in roxannes restaurant on roda seafront about this who could only add that as he works far harder than nikkos during the summer months has rarely seen him since may but he also had heard the rumours.
Wendy, who not only runs breakfast to perfection but is also mother to nikkos could only conclude that if the God complex was to continue then he could put his new powers to use by doing his own washing,ironing,cooking etc.
Having taken advantage of the 1p per night upgrade to half board this year would like to say how good the menu and quality of food was this year. I should add that due to the fact we like to eat out most nights we only ate 3 full meals in the restaurant although on the other evenings we made it back to the hotel in time for dessert.
Should you wish to eat out and have no transport can thoroughly recommend Georges. Go out the beach entrance turn right,walk for about ten minutes and you will find George and his restaurant overlooking the beach. The food is always fresh and his starter of fried cheese is without doubt the best on corfu.
If you have transport, then try the idyllic harbour of kassiopi or the seafront at roda or the many tavernas on the beach or in the town at acharavi.
Finally, I would just like to say for anyone coming to the restia for the first time one impotant tip.
A taxi to the hotel takes around 40 minutes. We hired a car from the airport and took a leisurely drive which took 45 minutes. The BUS will take anything up to 3 hours. Also, when you depart thomsons will always tell you to wait in lines outside the airport and wait in turn to check in. IGNORE THIS. If you enter the terminal by yourself within 2 hours of take off you can walk straight up to the check ins that will then be open and check in within minutes.
Once again, thanks to everyone at the restia for a perfect holiday.
ps....please do not feed the dog as she still needs to diet.

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms.
6 Thank nigel s
Dalgety Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our first time at the Restia Suites and I can honestly say that I hope it wont be our last!

From the moment we arrived (via 3 coaches) we were treated like Marc Anthony and Cleopatra. We were greeted by the owner with a chilled glass of champagne and a cool towel to cool us down. To be honest as soon as we entered me and my wife were already as chilled as a polar bears paws. The ambiance is amazing and the setting absolutely wonderful.

We had the joy of having room 201, which had it's own pool within the garden area which was surrounded by a 6 ft wall for privacy. The room itself was exquisitely furnished and I especially liked the whirlpool Jacuzzi bath to fit 2 people.

The food was absolutely amazing but I must warn don't overdo lunch before one of the Greek, Corfu or Barbecue nights. The food and wine they provide on a set menu never stops coming. the breakfasts are lovely and you are encouraged by the owner to try some of the traditional greek foods which are especially good. Since I got back I miss my Croque Monsieur for breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all. If you're looking for bliss - you've found it.

Word of warning though. Take some mosquito repellent. We didn't and I ended up with 50 bites in the one night, my partner 26! Of course repellent was duly purchased from the local shop and we gladly received no more nibbles from Mr Mozzie!

PS Look out for Spike the Hedgehog who frequented our garden most nights. Unfortunately Spike decided to go for a swim during the night. We found him at 8am the next day swimming for his life. He was immediately pulled from the pool and CPR commenced. Spike - you owe us one bud!

2 Thank NancyEdinburgh
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked our holiday after reading the glowing reviews on tripadvisor & I can honestly say that our stay at Restia Suites exceeded our expectations.

The whole experience makes you relax & enjoy your holiday, starting with being greeted by the owner (who was in attendance every day chatting to guests & overseeing the smooth running of things) , he welcomed us , told us to forget about our luggage & guided us to reception where we sat & enjoyed a cold towel & glass of champagne while we checked in.

We were then led by a member of the excellent staff (all of whom are quietly efficient & friendly) to our sea view room (all the pool rooms were booked up as we left it late to book our holiday).
The room itself was fantastic with a magnificent view of the sea & pool area from our large balcony.
The room was large , airy & very comfortable. It had a very large bed , shower/sauna room , large jacuzzi bath , sofa , TV (which we didn't use) , tea & coffee facilities. Pretty much everything you need.

One thing I suggest you do , if you are a twitter addict like me , is ask at reception for a Wi-Fi router (which is FREE unlike in most luxury hotels) which they will fit in your room & allow you to tweet / email to your hearts content.

The pool area is always quiet & the sunbeds are NEVER all taken , you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to stick towel on ! This is because a lot of people have their own private pools so there isn't such a massive demand & there are also beds down by the very quiet beach area . It is just a small thing but it's another thing you don't have to worry about.

Food-

We were half board & I'm glad we chose this option as the food is excellent (& to be honest there aren't that many tavernas in a 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel, most are about 20 mins away in Acharavi).

The main restaurant has a large selection & a daily special plus if you are half board you can use the upstairs Greek restaurant as part of your package. You have to book but this is only because there is a limit to how many people they can fit upstairs, and saying that we booked several times & always got a table for the same day or day that we requested.

Also worth booking for are the Greek Night & Seafood Night at the upstairs restaurant , you do have to pay a supplement but you get lots of different things on a taster menu PLUS unlimited drinks with the meal. (Think Ouzo , Retsina , Raki, Local wines, dessert wines & Greek coffee).

Thursday night is barbecue night downstairs & everyone can eat outdoors. We also ate lunches there & once again there is a large choice of meals and not just burgers & chips like you get at a lot of other hotels.

The service we received from all the staff in the bar & restaurants was excellent, special mention has to go to the very efficient Wendy who supervised the fantastic breakfast service & Charlotte who worked in the evenings & seemed a firm favourite with the large number of returning guests.

I could go on about the hotel but I won't, I'll simply say that it is the most relaxing hotel we have have ever stayed at (and we've stayed at a few) and the fact that during our first week 19 of the 30 rooms in the hotel were occupied by returning guests says a lot about the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view room was fantastic , but probably if you have the means (& one is available) book a poo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bongbrummie
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

my review is probably going to go against what everyone else thinks about this resort, but I think there are a few little touches that need to be acknowledged. I have stayed in many 5 star resort hotels and know what should be expected. Let me say first of all the arrival was brilliant, glass of champagne and a cold towel,perfect, (if you have taken the taxi option) otherwise you will still be travelling for the next few hours. On arrival you have to fill out a standard form, which includes diet, I have coeliac disease, which means I can not eat anything which contains flour, The lady on reception who is English understood this and said she would pass information on to the chef. I fully understood that this would be difficult for the first night, however I was told what I could eat for evening meal, This is where the communication stopped.The food on offer, is the same every night and as we were there for a fortnight, can become rather boring,There is a restaurant upstairs which people on half board can eat. However you have to book for this. PLEASE get in early otherwise you are going to be disappointed. The food in the upstairs restaurant is slightly better but dont get too excited, On a couple of occasions I asked the waitress( Charlotte who is amazing) whether or not the dish contained flour, and she was told by the chef I AM FAR TO BUSY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS> excuse me I am the customer and paying rather a lot to stay at this hotel. Let me say, we hired a car and went into Acharavi, for a meal, and within 5 minutes of being there and my order taken, the chef came out to speak to me personally, something the chef at the hotel forgot to do and never acknowledged me at all. Please if you can take the opportunity to do there are some amazing restaurants in Acharavi,
Next point.
I have always been given crisps or nuts with our drinks (none on offer here)
I asked for a bottle of strongbow cider, (small bottle)
This was given to me in a pint glass !!!!!!!!!!!!! I am female, and dont expect pint glasses

Beach

the sunbeds on the beach are situated on a bit of scrubland grass over the road, They are not on the beach, this might not matter to some people but when you are sunbathing, you are facing the road. Maybe its me being to picky, Its only a matter of a few feet to the beach, but 5 star, hmmm think this could be better

location,

The hotel is lovely, and the suites are spacious, we had a suite without a pool and it was absolutely fine, however, if you are wanting to visit any tavernas around there are only 2 within walking distance, so you are mainly hotel based

To sum this resort up

If you are wanting a week away without leaving the hotel and being happy eating the same food every night, this is perfect for you, If you want a bit of atmosphere think again,

Staff
To be fair the staff are amazing here, most of them are English and try their very best to give excellent customer service, Vivienne on reception is fab, and Wendy on breakfast is brilliant, (breakfast is the best meal of the day)

Sorry
My comments are mainly negative but despite all this we did have a very nice holiday, however we hired a car for a lot of the 2 weeks we were there and seen a fair bit of corfu,I would recommend this to most people, we found some amazing beaches, and you see the best of corfu. I am more then happy to answer any questions to any future visitors to this resort,

Room Tip: we had room 403 without a pool however it was a perfect location, for breakfast, lunch, pool and bea...
1 Thank lesleyherbertson
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week for our honeymoon and I have to say it was the most amazing holiday we have ever had. We stayed in one of the VIP suites with private pool and we could not fault it at all. The facilities were brilliant, definitely deserving of the 5 star rating in my opinion

From being greeted at arrival with cold towels and champagne to the moment the owner waved us off to the airport everything was perfect. The staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble for them. We had a few treatments in the spa, all of which were fantastic. The honeymoon packages offered were also great - having dinner served in our garden was certainly a highlight and a real treat!

We booked half board and were really impressed with the quality of the food. Usually when we go half board each meal is buffet style, but not here. With 2 restaurants to choose from and numerous themed nights we were spoilt for choice and the food was gorgeous.

The hotel is a little way from the main resort, however, this was not an issue for us at all as all we wanted to do was relax and make the most of the private pool etc that we had.

If you are looking for a place where you can completely relax and get away from it all then this is the place!

2 Thank Libee84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acharavi
Coral Hotel
#1 of 5 in Agios Ioannis Peristeron
Mareblue Beach Resort
Mareblue Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Agios Spyridonas

Been to Restia Suites Exclusive Resort? Share your experiences!