“Perfect holiday with amazing service!”

Civitel Creta Beach
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Amoudara
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was my first trip to Greece with my siter and cousin, all first timers here and it was one of the best holidays I've been on. That is saying a lot as I've stayed in some amazing hotels and normally prefer travelling to far off destinations!

the hospitality was amazing, the staffw ere so friendly and both my sister and I are vegetarian and we always had plenty to eat and everyone was so accomodating!

The location was perfect, right on the sandy beach, always enough deck chairs, even though the hotel was fully booked (actually bungalows!). Never felt overcworded and never queued at meal times either.

The bungalows were beautiful and unique, the only thing that needs to be upgraded are the showers, very good power showers but a bit dated. Nothing major though!

The food was sooo tasty and so fresh, the views were to die for, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

The bus and taxi stands are right outside, as well as lovely Greek restaurants and bars. Heraklionis only 15 mins drive away and any tours can be easily booked though the hotel reception.

The staff here are genuinely nice, the guests are cultured and the atmosphere is wonderful.

You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All bungalows have a beautiful garden or sea view...you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PreetiBaid

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Creta Beach hotel was one of the most amazing hotel's I have stayed in. It's location was excellent due to its close proximity to the beach (literally steps away), airport (15 minutes away) & city centre (15 minutes away), and a boat ride (2 hours) away from key attractions like Santorini. Not only was the location an excellent fit, but the amount of attractions at the hotel itself made it a great place for anyone regardless of age. Kids, teenagers, adults, parents, and even older aged individuals all had things to do at all times of the day. In the three days I was there, I had easy access to afternoon horseback riding, an excursion to santorini, a trip to city centre, etc. The food at the hotel was 5 star...travelling with two vegetarians was no issue as the hotel had over 20 (sometimes 30) different vegetarian options at each meal! For non-veges, there was SO much variety at each meal, and I had some of the best turkey I have ever eaten. The rooms were steps away from the beach, were spacious, and of good quality...very unique.

More than anything though, the service that I received at this hotel was more than 5 star. To go on holiday somewhere and actually feel valued as a customer is something rare these days. However, at Creta Beach hotel, the manager, assistant manager, chef, desk attendant, and many other people at the hotel knew exactly who I was, what I was doing each day, and were constantly engaging with me and my travel partners to make sure we were getting the most out of our experience. I really felt as if they cared about us, as each day they asked us if there was anything further they could do as a staff to make sure we were enjoying our stay at the hotel.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend this hotel as a prize place to stay in Creta.
You will see some amazing things, meet an amazing staff, and have some amazing food.

The people in Creta are some of the most good hearted, honest, and easy going people that I have ever met. Visit them and you will surely want to go back and visit again.

Room Tip: Even if you don't get one near the beach side, you will still have a great time and you will sti...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank hennapithia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I know that our opinions are subjective and the things that bothered me about this resort would be pluses for other people. I'm a seasoned traveler from the US who has lived abroad for the last 13 years in both Europe and the Middle East. I am most fond of boutique hotels or places that learn who you are and are willing to cater to any special needs. This hotel was the complete opposite. It is a large confusing jungle of concrete bungalows ala 1960's Palm Springs. It caters to busloads of primarily French Tourists that arrive by the busload. The rooms are functional and simple and utiltarian. I'm not a fan of half or full board options but that is what we had. We tended to get to the buffets late while they were rather picked over. So, I wasn't thrilled with our dining options. When we asked about restaurants outside of the hotel we were directed to a traditional Greek restaurant down the road. While the food was fine, it was also Chuck E. Cheese in Greek costume. There were oodles of kids, bouncing around in a fenced off area where they would sing and dance loudly with some girls dressed up in costume. Not where I would send hotel guests unless they were traveling with young children!

I needed to send a packet home and this was the first time that they had ever had such a request. It eventually got taken care of but I felt like a huge special needs guest where usually requests like this are just a matter of course in the hotels that I have frequented.

I'd like to say that I found Delfina, the girl at the front desk that I talked to the most, to be very sweet and willing to figure out how to do things like mail the packet etc...I thought she was very kind and sympathetic. But the fact remains, is that this is a hotel best suited to budget travelers who don't mind the one size fits all attitude. I saw lots of happy faces there...they just weren't ours. Speaking french is a great help at this location because the entertainment each night is in French.

I guess for us, having just been in Hania and exploring the unique beaches on that side of the island and the charming town itself, it was a thud down to earth. The Creta Beach Hotel and Bungalows were not a bad place...they just weren't a good fit for us. So, my advice to fellow travelers is to know what you expect in a hotel so that you won't be surprised by this one. It presents a bit of functionary French Beach Club in it's aspect and that is something that you will want to keep in mind.

Room Tip: We had a triple bungalow. I was traveling with my niece and her friend who had just graduated High S...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Janet D
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is the second time we stay at Creta Beach and once again we spent a wonderful time. The hotel is actually a set of bungalows which are well isolated from one another, giving a great feeling of tranquility. You hardly see anyone as you walk back to your bungalow. They are all set in a parc which is very well kept-up, lots of trees and flowers despite the very dry climate. We were staying in a newly refurbished room and it was really beautiful.

We were there on the first week of july, so I'm not sure how full the hotel was but we never had a problem finding beds on the beach or by the pool. The beach has fine sand which is rare enough in Crete where most beaches have pebbles or rocks.

The food is really good and varied. lots of salads, fresh vegetables, different fish every day. They now organize dinner once a week around the swimming pool, they didn't do that last year and we found it a great idea. You can however have lunch at the swimming pool everyday.

All the staff are superb and always eager to help. Overall, this hotel is excellent value for money, we will certainly come back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Fred196495
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Overall slightly above average resort. I've been to some much better 4 stars, so this is what I'm comparing it to. The food was good, beach was amazing and great pool. The bed in our room was like sleeping on piece of plywood! The room was very clean. The wifi went down twice for the lions share of a day in a 6 day stay. They also need to have someone who speaks english at the reception in the evening/early morning. I went there early morning and he was sleeping in the back! Overall it was a great place to relax. The staff were courteous and the service was good. I would recommend the hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clancey E
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I decided to stay at Creta Beach hotel for a few days at the end of a bicycle tour around Crete. The hotel was the perfect place to soak up some sun and absorb a little bit of comfort before returning home to the UK. I stayed in the basic 'standard room'. The room was very clean and modern with a large private balcony overlooking peaceful palm fringed gardens, powerful shower, a/c and a mini fridge. The downside was that their was no WIFI or full sized mirror available in the room. The food was on the whole very good (although i pretty much eat anything!). There was a lot of choice and i particularly enjoyed their different salads. The hot food was less inspiring, but breakfast was delicious (lots of pastries and pancakes) although no fresh juice. Alcohol was on tap throughout the day, the lager tastes good, the wine not the best you would expect, and the spirits are also pretty good. The resort backs on to an excellent private beach which is within very easy access to all the accommodation. If anything i think that they could improve the ambience of the restaurant and bar areas, perhaps by dimming the lights a little and giving the place a more traditional cretan feel. On the whole this is what you would expect for a 4 star resort and i would recommend the place to a friend.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Ryan K
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The hotel looks old. The bathroom was so small! The breakfast was good, with a beautiful view. Private beach. Big pool. If needed, you can walk to buy anything you want on the street in front of the hotel. 24h markets. Staff was just ok. Lots of big groups from Germany, France. Good location if you have a car.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank costalmeida
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amoudara
Agapi Beach Hotel
#7 of 173 in Hersonissos
Hotel Akti Corali
Hotel Akti Corali
#6 of 32 in Amoudara

Been to Civitel Creta Beach? Share your experiences!