I decided to stay at Creta Beach hotel for a few days at the end of a bicycle tour around Crete. The hotel was the perfect place to soak up some sun and absorb a little bit of comfort before returning home to the UK. I stayed in the basic 'standard room'. The room was very clean and modern with a large private balcony overlooking peaceful palm fringed gardens, powerful shower, a/c and a mini fridge. The downside was that their was no WIFI or full sized mirror available in the room. The food was on the whole very good (although i pretty much eat anything!). There was a lot of choice and i particularly enjoyed their different salads. The hot food was less inspiring, but breakfast was delicious (lots of pastries and pancakes) although no fresh juice. Alcohol was on tap throughout the day, the lager tastes good, the wine not the best you would expect, and the spirits are also pretty good. The resort backs on to an excellent private beach which is within very easy access to all the accommodation. If anything i think that they could improve the ambience of the restaurant and bar areas, perhaps by dimming the lights a little and giving the place a more traditional cretan feel. On the whole this is what you would expect for a 4 star resort and i would recommend the place to a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to CRETA BEACH HOTEL & BUNGALOWS. Our hotel complex is located in one of Crete's most attractive locations, the coastal area of Ammoudara, just 5 kilometers from the city of Heraklion. In an environment of exquisite natural beauty, our hotel's 150 renovated and refurbished rooms and stone built bungalows will become the ideal base for your adventurous days around the island, the ideal refuge for rest and relaxation after a day full of activities and fun. The family atmosphere, the traditional Cretan hospitality, the unlimited possibilities for fun, the athletic activities, the sea sports, the high standards, but at the same time friendly and personalized service from our experienced staff, will offer you a unique vacation experience. CRETA BEACH is located in an environment of unique natural beauty, surrounded by blossoming gardens and sky rocketing palm trees, in the 9 kilometer sandy beach of Ammoudara. Ammoudara is located 5 kilometers west of the city of Heraklion and 12 kilometers from the international airport "Nikos Kazantzakis," The greater area is throbbing with life, full of shops, restaurants, taverns, cafeterias and bars, offering endless possibilities for shopping and fun. There are regular bus schedules to and from the city of Heraklion and there is a bus stop right in font of CRETA BEACH. The stone built bungalows, surrounded by colorful gardens and proudly rising palm trees, architecturally designed to merge harmoniously into the natural environment, exude a sense of calm and serenity. Some of the bungalows have a view to the gardens and some others a view towards the sea. The bungalows have: bathroom, WC, refrigerator, safe and veranda. Our hotel's rooms, with either one or two spaces, are ideal for families and can accommodate up to 4 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Creta Beach Hotel & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Beach Hotel And Bungalows
- Creta Beach Hotel & Bungalows Crete/Amoudara