All reviews evening shows all inclusive program beach bar animation team main building swimming pool ouzo renovation corridor disco sea
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2018

Stayed in this hotel 1st week of Dec 2018. The entrance , lobby, reception and bar area are quite modern and very accommodating. The surrounding grounds to the rear of the hotel lead to the beach and are very well kept and of a high standard. Breakfast and dinner, which were included in our stay as a group, were well provided for and there was no scarcity of food to be had. Though the variety was varied I cannot comment on 'a la carte' meals or set dinners as this option was not available to us. There is a fine swimming pool right beside the bar area.
What lets the hotel down, in my view, is the very basis standard of the rooms. They are quite spartan. Beds are low and the individual single beds when pulled together to create 'a double bed' have a 200mm (8in) gap between them. This is due to the construction of the bed frames. The walls allow for any noises to travel between rooms. Any noise in corridors travels throughout the floor. Our room had a small desk seat but no chair. A number of the guests in our group had difficulty with the quality of the A/C; heating unit.
The location is suited for anyone wanting to be located close to the beach. There are shops and restaurants located within a 100metres of the hotel and are very accommodating and very reasonably priced. A bus that brings you to the city centre of Herkalion can be had in this area and the bus ticket can be purchased at the supermarket/grocery store opposite the hotel entrance. Alternatively the ticket can be purchased on the bus. It is cheaper in the store; roughly about 2Euro.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2018

By the Neckerman the hotel has got 4 stars .i would say it is one too much. Our room was small and however was clean but made the impression of untidy. The toilet was small.
Service very friendly and helpfull No internet in the room, Food was tasty, especially the sweets.
Excellent swimming pool with warm and clean water and beach close to hotel.No problem to get places by pool or on the beach.
Terrabile laud animation in french,. In our room by closed windows the sounds of disco weren't acceptable

Room tip: Far from the beach because of the animation lasting to midnight
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Thank Marek Aleksande... K
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I'm still at the hotel at the time of this review.
Pros:
Great service, staff is working really hard. Any concerns are fixed quickly via reception.
Tasty food with good variety. A bit more on the international side rather than traditional Greek which may be due to mostly French clientele.
Long stretch of sandy beach. No issue to find free sunbeds ar any time of day. Dtto at the swimming pool.
Clean rooms. Daily cleaning. Clean grounds. Green and well maintained gardens. Puts a lot of effort in sustainability programs.
In the center of Amoudara, everything at walking distance.
Animation team. If you are French than you'll be entertained all day long. You can even lay off your kids for a whole day, including meals;-)
Very good beach bar with enough food selection in the all inclusive program.
We'll maintained rest rooms in the hotel and on the beach.

Cons:
Rooms. They must have been very nicely furbished some 10 years ago but they are worn out now and cry for renovation. Refurbishing them would catapult the hotel in the finest league. I'm discussing bungalows here as apparently some rooms in the main building have been renovated already.
If you are not a French then you're excluded from animation activities and evening shows. Which I do not mind;-)
Bottled water not available. You can have plastic cups refilled everywhere but this means a lot of water-travelling.
Martin

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2018

I came to this hotel expecting to have a all-inclusive 4 days paradise-escape.

Due to delayed flight, I arrived in the hotel late at night. I was shocked by shabby room I got, with a windows to the sea, but also - to the pool and bar, which caused extreme noise. But OK, I second day, when the sun went up, I got used to it and at the end of my stay it even become cozy in some way.

The most poorest thing in this hotel is drinks and food. Instead of enjoying exotic cocktails, I was drinking all the days only water and tea, because all the cocktails (maybe except Ouzo) were simply undrinkable. I was surprised, that they call "juice" the powder orange or apple drinks. Same with wines - all of them were the worst I ever tried. The good thing - they also suggest to buy (for an extra cost, of course) the normal bottle. But since I was alone, I couldn't have a bottle for myself only every dinner.

The food was not impressive, slightly saying. But since there were lots of them, it was possible to find something to eat. I missed more Greek cuisine.

But to end in a nice note, they have amazingly pleasant, polite and friendly staff. The camera-woman Camy was super nice, as well as people in the canteen and reception.

Also why it is worth to go there - location. It's literally on the shore of the sea. Also they have very beautiful gardens.

I was not using, but noticed that they also have active children care.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 111aist_a
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Santa marina hotel in Gazi,
Directly on the beach that’s great the best thing they’ve got. Needs improvement in the management team that don’t really care for there clients.
Staff of the hotel are very nice, but there stock with a management team the wants every penny out of the customer and would make up any extra to get it from you.

To start with the rooms, beds are not confortable (you can feel the springs) and the front desk manager doesn’t really care for our confort (she said i don’t sleep on them) and that there orthopaedic (that kind the you feel the springs)

Only reason I’m giving a 3 out of 5 is because one nice guy at front desk was kind enough after trying to sell us a suite he put us in a updated room with new mattress.

If you need a beach towel you need to pay.
There’s a animation team but haven’t seen them do any animation.
Spa team is great.

We took a plan of breakfast and diner that we bought with the room.
Because we didn’t take the all inclusive (that we didn’t see necessary cause we are visiting during the lunch) we couldn’t drink the tap water the have in their machine, how silly we can order hot water but if we want cold water we have to pay extra. Poor quality of food, always the same (mostly all contains pork) 5 days eating same food.
The manager of the kitchen offered us 1 glass of house wine when we complained but he said that we still have to pay for the tap water, that’s how they can make money. Charge as much as they can for anything that they can make extra.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple