All reviews self catering mum and dad quiet relaxing place bus stop is just outside waitress service george runs tom cruise place is spotlessly clean sun beds and parasols breakfast is served every other day air con local tavernas small pool family run hotel ideal location within walking distance
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our flight was delayed which meant a later arrival time of around 11pm but George was there to welcome us with refreshments and a kind smile. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and we opted for breakfast and I am glad we did because it was delicious and well catered for. The newly installed pool is clean with plenty of sunbeds and there are sunbeds on the beach too where one of the beautiful young ladies comes and takes orders for food and drink. We were waited upon constantly and nothing was too much trouble. I would book again. It's quiet and chilled and I am sad to be going home tomorrow. Thank you George and family for making our holiday a lovely one.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have just come back from 2 weeks holiday staying at the EMI Apartments. This hotel is a small and friendly hotel, we found it was like staying with family, George, his papa and mum are so lovely.
From the moment we arrived they could not do enough for us.
Our room number 25, was lovely, I’ve read where people have said the bed is hard but I found the bed to be very comfortable and the pillows are lovely plump pillows. We had a small kitchenette with two rings for cooking, I took 2 small sharp knifes as this is something that is not provided, also I took 2 tea towels as well , but this is not an issue. Our bathroom was more than adequate the shower worked well yes it had a shower curtain but so what if you kept the curtain within the shower area no issue with water in the bathroom floor.
Our balcony was large with a table and 2 chairs and we had a side view of the beach and sea. We also had a table and 2 chairs inside. We had plenty of coat hangers( we took our own as well). The air con we paid for and safe was in wardrobe.
There is an elevator which services the floor.
We used the bar area on an evening for 1 drink prior to bed and often had many chats with George who I have to say is the best bar man!
The pool outside is a new addition and it’s great, kept very clean, big steps to get in one side and smaller ones the other, it’s not a giant pool but you could swim short lengths in it. The decking around the pool is great and really comfortable sun beds. They also have a small part of the beach with sun beds and umbrellas you do not have to leave your subbed as there is waitress service to your sun bed!
For me how I felt was that this is a true family run hotel, who welcome you as family.
Would I go back oh yes no problems. Would I recommend it yes definitely.
Whilst we were there it was our anniversary I asked George if he could recommend a special restaurant for us, he said leave it with him he would sort, he booked the restaurant ordered the taxis for us and wow we had the most amazing romantic meal, so thank you George!
Near by there are plenty of tavernas to choose from. There are plenty of shops to look around.
Bus stop is just outside at the other side of the road to go Heraklion.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Best thing about EMI apartments are the people they are very friendly. I stayed for 9 days, towels and bedding changed regularly. I like to cook when on holiday as the veg and meat in Crete is excellent. You only get a 2 ring hob which meant I could not do the potatoes the Crete way but luckily my friend lives here so she did some for me. Anyway back to apartments yes a little work could be done but that’s the Greek way they are very clean which is all you need. The food at lunch time was very good, did not do breakfast as preferred to cook. The beer whilst lovely is a bit expensive for the area at 4€ looks like a pint mug but it’s not but it kept the beer cold which is very good. Overall a pleasant stay just don’t like the area but if coming because you are wanting to do the tourist thing it will be great for you

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

An amazing week with lovely hosts. If you’re looking for clean, comfortable surroundings then this is the place for you. George and his family are just great and will make you feel so very welcome. The locality, right by a lovely sandy beach with its own private area with sun loungers and umbrellas. The bar area is just lovely with again great views over the sea front. A shout out to the two young ladies who worked hard taking orders and drinks to the guests, always with lovely smiles. George runs a great establishment and we look forward to returning next year

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2019

Just arrived beck from Emi apartments, nice and clean and tidy, good restaurants near by nice to hop onto the local noddy train, only here for self catering for a week, made to feel very welcome on our arrival, lots of comments from other holiday makers about different niggles about the owners, it became very obvious you would be a very good customer the more money you spent at the bar, as my partner is a none drinker and I like more of a drink in the evening we did not feel very welcome at this point, George make it easy by charging a daily rate for the sun beds where customers can feel relaxed to enjoy their holiday without any hassle, safe was free add on a charge and make a little more money that way, no comment about the air con we do not use it where ever we travel to.
A big thank you goes to the rep for suggesting the moan night out worth 53 euros of any body's money.
Will not rush back.