“I left my heart at Uncle George's Taverna!!!”

Uncle George's Taverna
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Amoudara
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: iT IS THE RESTAURANT IN UNCLE GEORGE'S HOTEL.
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I must, must tell of my amazing experience here, We stayed in Amoudara at the Lili Hotel for one week in May, We visited Uncle Georges at least twice a day and the service was beyond recognition. Costas and his wife are the most genuine and caring people you will ever meet, nothing is ever too much and they are always genuinely happy to see you and look after you. The food is delicious especially the meatballs, fresh fish and pasta dishes! I took an instant fondness to the banana milkshakes!! The taverna was always clean, fresh and welcoming. I cannot recommend a restaurant more, If England had restaurants to this standard and owners that were as hard working and heartfelt then takings would definitely be on the up. Costas also told me he has hotel rooms above the taverns, We would be looking to stay here when we return! Can 100% recommend.

Thank you for the memories, fab food and the bottle of raki <3
We will be back in the next year or so!

Chloe & Alex x

1  Thank Beautyisthebeach

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the food !!!
Good prices too!!
This was probably the best restaurant on the Amoudara main road.
Relaxing atmosphere !

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The food here was very nice! Being a vegetarian, Uncle George's had so much to offer. Good food and reasonably priced too!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Located on the main street in Amoudara (Andreas Papandreou) it has a large garden with trees and a fountain with a sculpture- perhaps Uncle George-. I Suppose it is a family run restaurant. The services are excellent. The food is like homemade. Try as starter the wine-leaves filled with rice home made. But there are also many other Greek specialties to taste. And, as in other tavernas in Crete, at the end they bring you raki and fruits or sweets on the house. Try it!

1  Thank balintlum
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place is very welcoming. The owners make you feel appreciated. You want to come back again and again. The guests feel like family. Had a very nice lunch. The garden is lovely.

1  Thank Carlton T