Le Meriden resort style hotel at Lav around 20 minutes from Split has a beautiful location with marina and beach frontage depending on the room. Shuttle to Split for around 40K person round trip, would have been a nice touch though if this was a complimentary service. Our room overlooked the marina and with ocean panorama to Split. Nice big deck. Room was furnished in a modern style , and appeared very well maintained. Public seating areas and bars nicely presented , but as this is a five star hotel ancillary services predictably expensive. A recommended day trip from the hotel is to Omis with a trip along the Certina river. Public bus stop just outside the hotel. Also easy to access Split town which was somewhat disappointing , visitors greeted with an ugly cement promenade incongruous with the presentation of the old town. Commercialism has really enmeshed itself In the old town. Avoid the so called "Nostress" cafe in one of the main squares , poor coffee, supercilious waiter.
So the Le Meridian Hotel is in a very good panoramic location , a very attractive alternative to staying in Split. There are nice local strolling areas around the hotel. Supermarkets also nearby.
All staff we came in contact with were friendly and efficient and we were kindly given a late checkout. Free WiFi in rooms appreciated. Overall a very comfortable and relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embark on a journey of coastal discovery. Found on a pristine part of the coast and featuring emerald clear waters a stone’s throw away from Split, the Le Méridien Lav’s unique location invites guests to easily explore the imposing Dalmatian coast stopping every few kilometers to admire scenic towns and villages including those of Trogir, Omiš, Solin (Salona) and Makarska as well as the nature parks of Biokovo (St Juraj) and Krka – all within an hour’s drive from the hotel.MOVE! A resort like no other in the region, Le Méridien Lav Split offers unparalleled facilities for those looking for action-packed travel. Energize your mind and body with an early morning jog along the beach or play away in some of the resort's numerous sport facilities (tennis courts, tennis, beach volley, boules, free climbing wall, archery, diving, water sports, yachting, cycling, wellness club ) Large superior and deluxe rooms and family suites are perfectly sized to accommodate two adults and up to two children. The Penguin Club offers a safe, educational and entertaining experience for the kids. Club's fully qualified nursing staff will keep busy their inquisitive mind! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HotelsClick, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Le Meridien Lav Split reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Lav Split Hotel Podstrana
- Le Meridien Podstrana
- Podstrana Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Lav Split Croatia/Podstrana