This hotel is nice. But I would not say it is a 5 star hotel room.
The rooms are very dated, but they were clean with a nice bathroom. We had a lovely view from our room and it was spacious.
The reception staff were not the most pleasant people but it was very busy when we were checking in.
Both indoor and outdoor pools were great, but we went in the summer and they were very very crowded as you would expect. The beach is nice (stones) but very very small. Considering the size of the hotel however, I would expect more.
It is quite a bit out of the city, you can jump on the hotel bus though (which you have to pay for and book) From the hotel there is not much you can walk to which we knew, but on reflection this was an error on our part.
Breakfast was awful considering the cost, the place where we ate it had fantastic views, but this in no way compensated for the poor quality of spread.
The bar also had wonderful views.
This place lacked any real character and the staff were not as helpful as they could have been.
Our stay was pleasurable, but we wouldn't' stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embark on a journey of coastal discovery. Found on a pristine part of the coast and featuring emerald clear waters a stone’s throw away from Split, the Le Méridien Lav’s unique location invites guests to easily explore the imposing Dalmatian coast stopping every few kilometers to admire scenic towns and villages including those of Trogir, Omiš, Solin (Salona) and Makarska as well as the nature parks of Biokovo (St Juraj) and Krka – all within an hour’s drive from the hotel.MOVE! A resort like no other in the region, Le Méridien Lav Split offers unparalleled facilities for those looking for action-packed travel. Energize your mind and body with an early morning jog along the beach or play away in some of the resort's numerous sport facilities (tennis courts, tennis, beach volley, boules, free climbing wall, archery, diving, water sports, yachting, cycling, wellness club ) Large superior and deluxe rooms and family suites are perfectly sized to accommodate two adults and up to two children. The Penguin Club offers a safe, educational and entertaining experience for the kids. Club's fully qualified nursing staff will keep busy their inquisitive mind! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Le Meridien Lav Split reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Lav Split Hotel Podstrana
- Le Meridien Podstrana
- Podstrana Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Lav Split Croatia/Podstrana