“Fantastic place to stay in Split”

Le Meridien Lav Split
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Podstrana
London
“Fantastic place to stay in Split”
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We spent two nights in Le Meridian Lav in Split at the beginning of May and really loved the place. We stayed in one of the Deluxe rooms overlooking the Marina with stunning views of the sea. The hotel is a classic in Split and was fully renovated five years ago.

We were in the mid-season sale rate which was a fantastic deal. I suspect that the place might get quite busy during the high season in July and August, but as we were in low season we had no trouble getting a place in the pool or using the spa. Staff were great, particularly Giusseppe, the rooms division manager, who personally looked after our reservation when we got in touch to check a few things before our arrival and made a point to greet us personally once we got to the hotel- a personal touch which most definitely added to our great experience. Tip: our rate included dinner which we had in the stunning terrace of the Spalatum restaurant which has the most incredible views of the sunset over the sea - definitely worth it.

Stayed May 2012
2 Thank CarmenMC
IgorNovakovic, Manager at Le Meridien Lav Split, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear CarmenMC, Thank you for your review. Mid-summer sale is a fabulous package and the Spalatum terrace is a spectacular place. Thank you and hopefully see you back soon, Igor N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed May 4, 2012

YES FOR..
-Beautiful hotel
-Spacious and elegant
-View of the marina, nice view from the pool
-Comfortable bed
-Really nice bathroom
-Nice gym

BUT..
-I found the breakfast average, but I guess its good food for most people
-Staff seems busy all the time, people takes a long time answering the phone
-Room service is really slow

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krystelle005
Dear Christelle005, Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear you have had such a good time staying with us and will take on your comments about the speed of service. We really do listen to all guest feedback and work on making your stays with us even more enjoyable in the future. Thank you, Igor
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a two-day conference, and I enjoyed every aspect of my stay.
First of all, at the arrival to the hotel, a member of the staff approached us and offered to take our car into the garage (I am one of those people who hate to "explore" the unfamiliar garages on my own, so this was great); he first took our suitcases to the reception.
The room I had was fabulos, equipped with great appliances - since it was a business trip and I've never been to the hotel before, I took all my shirts ironed and on the separate hanger (a nuissance, of course). But then I discovered that the room had an iron and an ironing board - had I known that, I would just bring a suitcase with all the clothes and ironed it there, which would make my logistics easier.
The room also had facilities to make your own coffee or tea, so you can enjoy your morning coffee while still in bed, or in the armchair, enjoying the view of the sea, not having to get dressed and go downstairs.
The breakfast was delicious, the offer of the food is really premium quality and it ranges from light juices, yoghurts, cereal, bagles, croissants etc. to "stronger" options of eggs, bacon, sausages, beef... My only suggestion to the managment of the hotel is that they should give a chance to the local jams/marmelades (I noticed the perfect jam I ate was foreign and especially in Croatia, we have lots of local producers that can match the quality) and give them a chance for promotion in that way.
The buffet lunch during the conference was perfect, with fresh fish and meat, risotti, numerous salads and side-dishes...
The conference area is very enjoyable, with perfectly silent and efficient air-conditioning and easy access to the outside of the hotel (for coffee breaks) and all the equipment top-notch. I was not the organiser of the conference, but the participant, nevertheless, I would strongly recommend the hotel for organisation of various events, since from the viewpoint of a participant, everything was perfect.
In the end, I regret not having the time to explore other parts of the hotel - the spa and pools especially, but I hope I'll be back soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Becks1980, Thank you for taking time to write your review. Le Meridien Lav Split is very sensitive to our position in Dalmatia and we strive all the time to ensure that we are more local and more green every passing day and we work towards achieveing that in our menus and now with local artists in our new artist programme which we hope to launch in next three weeks time. Again, it is all about local best quality. I will pass on your jam suggestion to our chef. We are very happy that you liked our resort and we hope to see you back soon.
Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Clean, beautiful, decoration of bedrooms excellant, CASINO perfect, the beerhouse next to the hotel fantastic, wellness and pool clean. Staff is a little slow, but the overall service - excellant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Squeezy3012, Thank you for your review and words of praise. Hopefully see you soon!
Hildenborough, Kent.
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The ambiance of this Hotel is reflected in its 5 Star status. The environs are immaculate as are the beautifully designed bedrooms. The bar is located at the end of the entrance foyer, looking out on the terrace with views of the Marina below.
Sadly in early April, the beach was not an option, though some brave souls did venture forth. Again, the advertised shuttle bus to town and water taxi were not running, for out of season reasons too. Be aware therefore that if you intend to travel to the Islands then the Hotel is a good half hour bus ride away from the harbour . A more centrally located base would be a better option under those circumstances.
Unlike Dubrovnik, the boats connecting with the Islands are large car ferries due no doubt to the distances involved. So if you hanker after small seagoing craft, Split is not your dream destination.
The Staff in particular were excellent, and appeared proud of their Hotel and in serving us their clients.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
IgorNovakovic, Manager at Le Meridien Lav Split, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. April is definately the beach month only for the brave but the quiet, off season months really do let you soak in the destination as the locals see it. If I could offer advice for your next visit - do try rening a car (works out as very affordable off season) and take a coastal journey and explore the amazing towns and villages along this beautiful coast. Le Meridien Lav Split is perfectly positioned as a centre point for such an exploration. Best Regards, Igor Novakovic
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The hotel was beautiful. We were upgraded to a room overlooking the marina and given a complimentary bottle of bubbly and a fruit bowl. I love Podstrana, having stayed there once before, and far rather stay here than in Split itself. The trip into is so easy on the public bus or you can take to hotel bus or boat (less frequent, more expensive). See the city whilst staying at a beachside resort.
The hotel has great facilities: beach, pool (indoor and outdoor 'infinity pool'), spa centre, multiple restaurants and bars, tennis courts, volleyball court, mini golf and more!
Loved it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GiantScotsman
IgorNovakovic, Manager at Le Meridien Lav Split, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear GiantScotsman, Thank you very much for your words of praise. We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your honeymoon. We love hosting weddings and honeymooners in our property and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed Podstrana.
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I went to Split on the spur of the moment and was very fortunate to stay at this hotel. My impression of Split is less than favorable, but the hotel is a wonderful oasis and I was very pleased with my stay. I was upgraded to a beautiful room, the staff were very pleasant and efficient, and the hotel is very well maintained. My only complaint was that it took forever to check out, so I would recommend settling the bill early so you won't have to worry about missing your flight. Overall I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank JohnLosAngeles_CA
IgorNovakovic, Manager at Le Meridien Lav Split, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear JohnLosAngeles_CA,

Apologies it took a little while for your check out process but we are very glad to hear that you had a great overall positive experience in our proerty and Croatia in general.

Thank you for taking time to write your review and hopefully see you back with us soon.

Best Regards, Igor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Podstrana
Radisson Blu Resort Split
Hotel Eden
#3 of 8 in Podstrana
Dioklecijan Hotel & Residence
Bluesun Hotel Elaphusa

Been to Le Meridien Lav Split? Share your experiences!