The Residence Hotel is located within the 5 star resort of Le Meridian in Podstrana.The accommodation we stayed in was a suite and of an excellent standard with a large room, massive bed, plasma TV, bath with overhead shower and air conditioning.The room was almost brand new and we had a discounted rate of around £40 per night booked through hotels.com.
We couldn't fault the room in any way and was an absolute bargain. the location however is within a 5 star complex and if you wanted to use the complex in any way there was an extra charge. for example we asked if we were allowed to use the swimming pool and were politely informed that our hotel had an agreed discounted rate with the meridian of £22.50 per person per day!!! which meant we would be paying more to use the pool than we were paying to stay in the hotel. We felt as though we were trapped by the hotel and it was very much a case of you having to pay for anything and everything extra.
Our flight was leaving at 8.30 pm and we asked if we could have a later check out than 10 am and were told that we would need to pay 35 euro for this privilege. when i asked if we could leave our bags and only request a shower later we were told that there were no rooms available. When i informed the receptionist this was not true because if i paid the 35 euro i could have a room she just shrugged her soldiers.
The ladies on the reception are very charming and helpful so i wouldn't criticize them for only doing their job but i felt that there was a fee for everything we requested no matter how small.
Outside of the hotel the surroundings of the Meridian are very plush but in a 'you can look but you better not touch sort of way'. The Marina also has some of the most luxurious yachts we have ever seen but apart from that there really is very little going on in and around the hotel by means of restaurants and nightlife.
there is a good local bus service ' number 60' that runs every half and hour to and from the center of split from just outside the hotel which costs 12 lav per person and runs until midnight.
All in all if you want a cracking room with all mod cons but aren't that bothered about either being fleeced for extras or staying in the middle of nowhere then the residence will tick all the boxes.
Just as a guide we traveled twice daily on the bus to and from the center of split and if i was to return i would pay the extra to stay in the city and save the hassle but everyone to their own.
Hope this is of some help to you all.
David and Perla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence reveals a new dimension of luxury in Podstrana, Croatia. Only 8 km south of Split, our brand new suites and apartments offer impressive premium features and modern interior designs creating a perfect living atmosphere. Located on the Dalmatian coast, the most beautiful riviera of the Croatian Mediterranean, and nestled in the five-star hotel resort, Le Meridien Lav, providing numerous facilities you can enjoy. The Residence serves as the perfect home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Podstrana
- The Residence Croatia/Podstrana