“My favorite pizza in Croatia”
Review of Pivnica restaurant

Pivnica restaurant
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Podstrana
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Experience memorable moments in our Pivnica Tavern infused with traditional Croatian recipes combined with the best wines and beers from our region. Taste best local olive oils, regional cheese, Dalmatian prosciutto & authentic Croatian dishes with locally sourced ingredients and destination-inspired flavors.
Reviewed June 21, 2011

After looking back on my travels to Croatia, I had some amazing dishes - all local restaurants, fresh foods and great service - nothing typically touristic. In saying that, I could not believe that my absolutely favorite pizza was prepared at the doorsteps of a large hotel chain. Yes, it is true. The pizza was amazing. I do admit that if you do not stay at the hotel it is definitely out of the way... although, if you are a guest at Le Meridien, do not hesitate to give it a try. I had the very plain margarita pizza - simple and delicious. Perfection.

1  Thank peppermintpatty07

Reviewed November 11, 2010

We were there two times during our stay in Split on our way to Zagreb and it was fantastic. Food fresh and very, very good. Service very pleasant and fast. We definitely recommend this restaurant in Split.
It was a little bit expensive, but definitely worth of it.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Pivnica is located right outside the entrance of the Le Meridien Lav. We ate there twice. Both times, the service was fantastic - as was the food. On the first night, we ate inside. It was very distinctive and made us feel like we were on holiday. The second time, we sat outside. Although the food and service were the same, the only view is of the cars coming and going into the hotel. I would recommend sitting inside, if only for a more uniqure environment.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 12, 2008

le meridien,only way you get there is if you stay in that hotel otherwise its too far from the city

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook