“always comforting”

The Meldrum Bay Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Meldrum Bay B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 1, 2013

enjoy meldrum bay inn, my husband and i have been going to meldrum bay for over thirty years.
we had als parents anniversary here , with family .
this year we were there for a wedding on the island in meldrum bay the van every farm elizabeth vanevery married ory menzies, amazing wedding the island people helped in every way. and of course wouldnt have missed the oppurtunity to spend time at the inn.
so much to do, for i bike to the light house about 16 klms one way then swim in the water , spend time identifying the wild flowers along the road side, took pictures of the deer in the feilds , now kayaking is my new challenge,take time to enjoy this area , you will want to come back time after time this completes my year.the camerons

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My humblest apologies for not reviewing last year after our visit; and it was so memorable! My husband took me here for my birthday and we absolutely loved it. The staff were warm and inviting and made us feel like we were VIPs.
I usually ask for dressing on the side for my salads but the owner assured me the dressing would be light and wouldn't overwhelm, She was so right; the caesar salad was one of the best I've ever had.
We both had the whitefish; OMG, it was out of this world. A huge fillet, very lightly pan-fried, I ate the whole thing.
We shared a dessert; cheesecake with a home made fruit and liqueur topping.
Thank you so much for an incredible meal and we'd love to visit again.
We did not stay overnight (we had a cottage nearby) so can't comment on the rooms.

Room Tip: Try the whitefish and the dessert.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shirin G, Owner at The Meldrum Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for sharing your special day with us. We wish you great years ahead. Happy Birthday

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My travel companion and I spent a wonderful night at this fine old Victorian Inn in Meldrum Bay. Our Host greeted us when we arrived and showed us to our room. The room is decorated in the very old style. It is a spotlessly clean hotel and the room was very comfortable. The bathrooms are "down the hall" and there are two of them. Very clean and modern. The food was a wonderful experience. One of the best meals we have ever had and the very best on the Island for sure. The choice of wine was also excellent. We will return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KitchenerJimmy
Shirin G, Owner at The Meldrum Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Jim, We have been blessed having wonderful guest like you. We truly enjoyed your company and look forward having more chances to be your host. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Regards, Shirin & Bob Grover

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Inn for a couple of days. The whole atmosphere is completely relaxing and unique. The room was very comfortable and the decor was perfect. We dined at the Inn both evenings and had fantastic meals all served and prepared by our wonderful hosts, Shirin and Bob. The breakfast Shirin served us each morning was plentiful and the fresh fruit bowl was delicious! I would highly recommend staying here as a perfect place to unwind and in my case reconect with my spouse leaving the hectic world behind.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #1 which looked out over the water and the upper deck which was perfect for us.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Brenda,
It was a great joy being your host. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days there and just returned home today. We were warmly welcomed at the door by the owner Shirin. It was the most relaxing and enjoyable stay we have had in a long time. This place is cozy and spotlessly clean. The beds were perfect in comfort. The food was outstanding in taste, quantity and presentation. Sitting on the porch with a glass of wine and looking out over the North Channel and Meldrum Bay will be an expeirence you will not forget. Shirin and her husband Bob are wonderful hosts.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shirin G, Owner at The Meldrum Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

It was a great pleasure being your host and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My fiancée had a simply wonderful stay here, the place is flawless and tastefully decorated with antiques the inn keepers have locally sourced as well as from all over the world.

The room was very comfortable, and spacious. The renovations the owners have made were well executed with thoughtful upgrades. Make it a point to check out the marina building as well.

The poppy seed bread is great for breakfast, but the whitefish for dinner is not to be missed. Don’t stay indoors the whole time; the inn is situated in a very beautiful corner of the world.

Room Tip: Just say you saw the reviews on Trip Advisor ;)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justinkungpow
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a lovely weekend here. We enjoyed the outdoors and had a great time hiking and biking (we didn't expect to have such lovely weather so the hosts were kind enough to lend us their bicycles). It's a great place to get away from it all, while still having the comforts of home. The hosts were very welcoming, the food was excellent and the views were spectacular. We will be recommending this spot and will be returning every year for sure. Thank you Shirin and Bob.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Meldrum Bay
#1 of 34 in Manitoulin Island
The Hawberry Motel
The Hawberry Motel
#5 of 7 in Little Current

Been to The Meldrum Bay Inn? Share your experiences!