“Outstanding spa experience”

La Source Bains Nordiques
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Rawdon
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucked between a rock wall and a hillside, deep inside a dense forest, gushes La Source. A place to relax, away from the bustle of daily life – surprising, and different.La Source Bains nordiques is located in Rawdon, in the Lanaudière region. Its eco-modern architecture was inspired by the bare rock of Mont Pontbriand, thus allowing us into the heart of the mountain.
Toronto
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Outstanding spa experience”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The natural setting of this spa makes it unique. They’ve done of great job of leveraging the many rock walls found on the site. There are many “resting” nooks throughout the site so you never feel like you’re too close to other visitors.

I particularly enjoyed the outdoor massage treatment, which they do in the forest in an enclosed bug room. Hearing real nature sounds instead of music from a CD just made the experience so much better. My therapist was JJ and he was excellent, made many inquiries to ensure the massage was to my satisfaction.

The only reason I didn’t put a 5 is because of my lunch experience, which was a bit disconnected from the rest of my spa experience. That’s one area they could easily improve on.

Everywhere on the site, you are surrounded by nature and natural sounds. When you arrive to get your lunch on the lovely deck, the flow and the mood of your day is broken. Coming out of the speakers, there is commercial music that’s really out of place. You’re reminded that you could easily be in a bar somewhere. Not sure what they’re trying to do there. The food is just ok, nothing extraordinaire. My salad came with pre-cooked pieces of "grilled" chicken from Costco and other pre-made things. So if you expect freshly made bistro food it’s not the place. I was quite surprised that a place like this did not offer freshly made juices. They would make a fortune. We asked for a vegetable juice and they only had V8 to offer.

I agree with other reviewers it is not worth buying the package. You don’t need a trinket gift at the end, which you end up paying anyway. The most expensive item on the menu and the robe do not justify the extra. Bring your own robe.

Again, if you’re trying to go for a whole spa day experience, the site, water features, and therapy services were outstanding; the dining experience, not so much.

Access to the site is by climbing lots of stairs, beware if you have accessibility issues. The country road leading to the site is worth a drive in itself.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank BLKA

montreal
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great spa”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been several times, it's a great spa and very nice personnel. I definitely advise to have the outdoor massage, but you need to be 2 people to do so. Only thing I can think of as a negative is that there's a lot of stairs to climb to get to the main lobby, so I've you have any mobility problems it's not the resort for you.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank MontrealSunseekers
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bad massage. No English menus. Bad food. Bring your own robe.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was there this past weekend. I had very high expectations coming to this spa based on the reviews, however, I left very disappointment.

When reserving over the phone, I was suggested to purchase the meal option with the spa (for an extra 32$). I was told that there would be a large variety of choices to choose from. I specified that I cannot eat certain things and the lady on the phone said that I will not be disappointed with their food menu as the food is very good with many choices of "appetizers and main dishes". When I asked for their menu online she said there is none. I decided to go ahead and pay the extra 32$plus tx for the meal choice (and also a choice of gift and robe).

When it was time to order lunch, I was surprised to see that the most expensive meal was only 14$, which basically included either a small Panini or salads. When I asked for an English menu, she said they don't have any. She briefly went over the menu for me for a translation and failed to mention that there is pork in almost all of the sandwiches. My family and I do not eat pork.

After having eaten half of my Panini, completely unsatisfied, I asked one of the waitresses if this is pork because I asked for Chicken. She told me there is some sort of "other meat" added with the chicken and it is pork. I felt very sick afterwards and almost vomited my food, leaving half of my sandwich untouched, explaining to her that we do not eat pork. She didn't really grasp the concept, she said sorry and left. Didn't even offer a replacement sandwich. I was extremely surprised to see no English menus at a spa that considers themselves to be worth 5 stars near a major city like Montreal.

For my massage, I was asked to fill in a form before the massage. It took me about 10 minutes to complete, responding to each of their questions and where I clearly specified Therapeutic, "hard" and "focus on Back". I wonder if the therapist even read what I wrote. I Received a very Swedish like massage (just touching and putting lotion on my body) with no focus on my back. She did not ask me once during the whole massage how I like or not-like the pressure. After about 15 minutes into the massage I asked her to please apply more pressure. She acknowledged what I asked but it did not change anything. She continued in the same motion giving me a full body oil application session. I have had many massages before and this was definitely the worst (her name is Christina). I did not even sense her hands. However, when I asked the rest of my family how they enjoyed theirs, they seemed to have a better experience than mine. I would recommend being precise on your massage therapist selection before you appointment as you will be extremely disappointed, unless being lotioned is what you are going for.

So yes, nice Jacuzzis (which can get crowded) and nice trees around the site. Be prepared to remain very silent (as in not speak a word) the whole time you are on the site as they WILL come to you, even if it is every minute, to ask you not to talk. Finally, save your 15$ and bring your own robe. Mine had yellow stains under the arms. Wish I had brought my own. As for the "gift" they offer at the end of your stay, it is really not worth the extra effort. Believe me on that one.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank ng28
LaSourceSpa, Directeur général at La Source Bains Nordiques, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
We are really sorry that your day at La Source was not up to your expectations.

The La Source Package is usually appreciated, as we have a lot of great comments on the Bistro menu, massages and the package (including the robe rental, the meal and the gift for $32). Most of the guests who purchase this package use it again on their next visit. The satisfaction of our guests has always been our priority and we are taking your entire experience very seriously.

While these comments are far from reflecting the experience at La Source by the majority of our guests, obviously, there has been a lack during your visit. Believe us that close monitoring will be made. The strength of La Source is to not disregard any detail and to give a service where excellence is a priority.

We do have a menu in English at the Bistro. I confess, it surprised me and saddened me greatly that our employee told you we didn’t. Many of our regular customers speak English and we do try to offer every aspect of the service in both languages. As to follow up on your comment, we will train our staff on English menu descriptions.

Our menu offers a variety of sandwiches, paninis, salads, tartars, spring rolls and «terroir» platter. On a total of 20 plates, only 4 contain pork as prosciutto, ham or pulled pork meat. We are used to serve customers having allergies or preferences on the menu. We are really sorry that the service you received was not up to what we normally offer.

During your meal, I believe your comment on your Panini Club was misunderstood because, usually, we would replace any plate leaving a guest unsatisfied. As mentioned, satisfaction is a priority.

About your massage, monitoring will be done with your therapist for the massage you have received. We are working with a selection program in order to have only the best therapists working in our establishment. Thus, we would need to understand why the therapist was not able to suit your needs. We generally have good feedback on the therapist you’ve had. Many of our guests request her after one massage.

For the risk of repeating myself, we are really sorry that your day was not up to your expectations.

Patrice Lalancette

patrice@lasourcespa.com
450.834.7727 poste 225
Rawdon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“just relax”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

very relaxing spa, in the mountains, it was -30 celcius, but we didn't even notice, inside and outside

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Donna03Rawdon
Montreal
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Marvelous Monday”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Enjoyed a recent Monday afternoon with a friend among the trees with light snow and no crowds. I like La Source compared to some other spas in Montreal because there is absolutely no road noise to disrupt my relaxation. This visit was exceptional due to a fantastic massage by Chantal F. that was one of the best I've ever had. La Source is always clean and I like the modern, high-quality design. I love the black room, and the deep level of relaxation I can have achieve. This spa is worth the trip.

Visited November 2013