“Great place to spend a day !”

La Source Bains Nordiques
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Rawdon
More attraction details
Owner description: Tucked between a rock wall and a hillside, deep inside a dense forest, gushes La Source. A place to relax, away from the bustle of daily life – surprising, and different.La Source Bains nordiques is located in Rawdon, in the Lanaudière region. Its eco-modern architecture was inspired by the bare rock of Mont Pontbriand, thus allowing us into the heart of the mountain.
Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 280 helpful votes
“Great place to spend a day !”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Hi everyone, I have just returned from La Source Bains Nordiques in Rawdon and here is my review. Located at the very end of the main street of the town of Rawdon you will find the spa. From the parking lot you will have no choice but to climb the 94 steps leading you in the boutique reception area of the spa. There you will be given a key to you locker as well as a few tips and a quick view of the installations, the grounds are beautiful, just below the reception area are the locker rooms. Once changed as you exit the locker rooms you will find several thermal pools set at different temperature, there are also nordic pools that will rejuvenate you. The spa area is quite spread out leaping up in the mountain, there are several relaxation buildings you can try, there all very nice. We had a couple’s massages that was truly excellent, our massage room was superb, wall to wall window facing huge mature trees, very beautiful and very peaceful. I have been to several spas, but this one has a unique feature, it has a darkroom, yes this is a must try!! You enter this room and you are in total darkness all you hear is this relaxing music and there’s a dozen or so long rocking chairs but you can’t see anything except for the glowing edge of the chairs, I really liked my experience at this spa. We had lunch there and it was tasty fresh. Well for the final question would I return to this spa, yes definitely and I recommend you try it, and if you do you have to try the darkroom, it’s an experience. Cheers to all!

Visited June 2011