It doesn't get any better than Wheeler River Lodge! Great fishing, great eating, great people! WRL is the perfect place for family and friends to get together and bond.
What an unbelievable get away! It took more effort to figure out which day of the week it was, than to drop a jig and pull out a tasty walleye! First class resort , great couple, Kevin and Cheryl . Big fish! Beautiful quiet evenings just drifting down the Wheeler.
Kevin and Cheryl ard the most genuine people I had ever met in my life. They catered to us every day, cleaned our fish and even cooked it for us. The scenery every day was breathtaking. I just returned from Big SKy, Montana and Wheeler River Lodge wins hands down. THey is something about peace and quiet that is good for the soul. I hope to get back sooner than later.
This is the best adventure. Seeing bears in the wild, the great fishing, the shore lunch cooked with the walleye we just caught... so good. The owners/guide Kevin & Cheryl are wonderful and want to make your time there the best it can be. Even the fearless lab, Jazz is such a fun dog. The cabin is nice & has everything you need to make a nice meal and visit with everyone there with you. We just returned home and are already planning another trip back.
Not new to he area. Been fishing in and around Wheeler for 30 plus years. I enjoy this place, the people and the accommodations. The Rosswells cover anything you need. Fantastic walleyes and 40-47 inch Northerns are not uncommon.
What was perfect? What were my favourite things?
1) the fishing! I'm a complete novice at this but managed to catch fish pretty consistently - and some decent ones too! Loved trying various locations, and portaging!
2) the location! Quiet, peacefulness, silence, stillness, water, trees, eagles, a bear, a porcupine...... nature pure and untouched.
3) The Hosts! Kevin and Cheryl were not just knowledgable and perfect hosts, they have become new, wonderful friends
4) the Lodge - warm, comfortable, well-equipped, bright...a welcoming home-away-from-home
5) Jazz - who can resist Jazz and her diving, playing catch, chasing her "throw" toy!
This is a trip I will never forget, and happily recommend it to anyone fortunate enough to visit Wheeler River Lodge. You won't regret it!
We loved out visit to Wheeler River Lodge. We had never been to any place that remote and the experience was wonderful. The fishing, scenery, and quietness was lovely. Kevin and Cheryl helped us a lot as we are not "fishermen". The scenery and lakes that we visited and hiked to made us sad when we had to leave.
It was a great 5 days!!